Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Only because he has a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    He should get in first ballot. And to the person above me, yes there are only a few first ballot HOF's mostly because of how deep classes are now.

vCash
    Ed Reed? Absolutely. Possibly the best cover safety of all time

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    I've been assuming that he'd be a first ballot HOF'er for the past season or two, but like someone said earlier, winning this ring just makes it a must. The guy has been amazing throughout his career. Definitely, yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wtbaseball View Post
    Yeah how can you say only 3? Charles Woodson? Patrick Willis? Tony Gonzalez? Aaron Rodgers? Adrian Peterson(unless career shortened by injuries)? JJ WATT(Homer pick and way to early but still think it will happen)? Andre Johnson?
    Agree on Woodson and Gonzalez, but the bolded need to keep it up for a few more seasons to be sure things. The ones he mentioned (along with Gonzalez, Reed and Woodson) would make it if they retired now.

13-3 UNDERDOGS

vCash
    Absolutely, yes.

What I think a player needs to be first ballot:

Class.
    Dominance for at least five years.
    Statistics.
    Post season success.

*I don't think Ed Reed has ever done anything classless. At least not to my knowledge.

*Ed Reed had 21 interceptions in three years in two different three year periods. That's dominance.

*Reed has 61 career interceptions. 7 Return touchdowns.

*Reed has been a part of nine post season wins and he has 9 post season interceptions. And an interception in the Super Bowl and a Super Bowl win.

First ballot? Yes, especially with the glowing endorsement of one of the best coaches ever in BB. (Hate spelling Bill's last name).

vCash
    Also, I'm happy somebody else brought up Charles Woodson. I know Woodson has played in 4 more seasons than Reed, but I think Woodson is just as deserving. Considering everybody thinks Reed is the best interception return man of his generation with 7 defensive touchdowns and Woodson has 11, 11 more sacks than Reed and 13 more forced fumbles. If Reed played another 4 years, I don't think he would match those numbers that Woodson has. Still, I'm not taking anything away from Reed because he is one of my favorite players of all time.

vCash
    Reeds number out due any current players including only player to return a Td in Kick return, punt and INT with longest INT TD return and he has been playing with a pinched nerve for the past 4 years and I believe he had it in the back and neck. Straight beast...

Could also be bias I wanted to be Ed Reed when he was at Maimi and always rooted for him but dude has done a lot in his career.

vCash
    Yes. There are only 3 first ballot locks. Probably 4 right now after Reed got the ring.

Gonzalez is going to be met with resistance because he's a TE and has no postseason success.

Woodson is going to be met with resistance because he is a DB and the voters WILL KNOW that Woodson was never a Revis lockdown corner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Right now there are 3 active players who are locks for 1st ballot. Lewis, Manning, Brady.

With Reed winning a super bowl and picking off a ball last night. Is he now the 4th active 1st ballot hall of famer?

He's a top 3 modern day (1978-pres) DB. Along with Lott and Sanders.

Brian Urlacher says hello

vCash
    randy moss? i think he is a safe 1st ballot HOF. Tony gonzaloz is diff. a 1st ballot HOFer. despite his problems in post season. easily 1st ballot, IMO. But certainly tony and randy are to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wtbaseball View Post
    Yeah how can you say only 3? Charles Woodson? Patrick Willis? Tony Gonzalez? Aaron Rodgers? Adrian Peterson(unless career shortened by injuries)? JJ WATT(Homer pick and way to early but still think it will happen)? Andre Johnson?
    To be a sure fire first ballot HOFer, you need to be able to retire today and get in for sure. Thats what he means. Other than Woodson and Tony, everyone you named is assuming they continue producing for years. And how do you name Andre Johnson but not Randy Moss if you compare their careers as of today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Woodson is going to be met with resistance because he is a DB and the voters WILL KNOW that Woodson was never a Revis lockdown corner.
    Woodson was never a lockdown corner? Okay. Sure. In recent years no, but in recent years he's been the best tackler on the Packer defense (even better than most of their linebackers). He has 17 career sacks, 11 return touchdowns to Reed's 7, 24 forced fumbles and a defensive player of the year award. With a Super Bowl and post season success on both teams he played for (forced the Brady non-fumble, went to the Super Bowl), not to mention how he completely turned around his attitude in Green Bay as well as being an exemplary member of the community... Not to mention a one million dollar donation to a children's hospital... Defensive rookie of the year... Let me line it out:

Defensive rookie of the year.
    Defensive player of the year.
    55 career interceptions.
    12 touchdowns.
    24 forced fumbles.
    17 sacks.
    Over 700 tackles.
    8 pro bowls
    7 all-pros
    2000 all decade team
    Interception leader twice
    Super Bowl victory
    Frequent playoff success including two trips to the Super Bowl and four championship games.
    Second most interceptions among active players, surpassed only by Reed.

Woodson has one more year where he can be a difference maker. If he stays at safety, you can stretch that to two more years. If he was to win another Super Bowl and eclipse 60 interceptions and 20 career sacks (both very possible), there's no doubt in my mind that he would be a first ballot hall of famer.

vCash
    Woodson was never a shutdown corner. I could give a damn about the stats. Shutting out the other teams #1 WR is what the voters care about in regards to corners.

vCash
    Woodson will make it, first ballot or not.

Saying he was never shutdown is a lie, like Revis, maybe not. But he was very good at how he played. He could cover different types of players, became a better tackler over his career and always could take the ball away.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast