Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Where do you rank Kobe all time?

Disclaimer: I was around during the Jordan/Bulls Dynasty and the Lakeshow Dynasty and I know what history will say about this and I know what some of you smart *** know it alls will say about this and I know what sports writers have to say about this and I know what haters like Charles Barkley have to say about this. So if you're going to just regurgitate that old crap then save it. I want to hear what you think in your heart of hearts when no one else is looking.

Okay I know Kobe at times can't share the rock to save his own life but at other times he has carried a .500 caliber team to the brink of success against Phoenix in the playoffs. He scored 61 in three quarters and 81 in four. You have to admit that in the pantheon of incredibly gifted athletes Kobe will go down as one of the greatest. He has had to use sheer force of will and determination to drag teams across the finish line. Sure he hasn't always been the end all be all like the Payton/Malone/Pistons finals he was more of a liability than an asset IMO.

Remember too that when others were out partying or at home with their families Kobe was in the gym with his trainers. Kobe lives, eats, and breaths basketball. He's practically married to it. His indomitable will at least IMO earns him a spot somewhere up there near the top.

Some key points to ponder before you answer:
    1. Kobe didn't have the same physical tools as Jordan
    2. He had to do more with less
    3. Now this is just me but I think it's harder now to accomplish what Jordan did back then
    4. There's more parity in the league
    5. Then Kobe had his best years squandered when Shaq babied up and quit

vCash
    I put him 2 because im partial to pure scoring guards, only 2 have done what jordan and kobe did at that position

vCash
    Colby is ze gretast all tyme
    lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

#TS

vCash
    I think Kobe is the most talented player of all time. Phil Jackson has said this before too. But, I'd have to give the edge to Jordan as of right now because 6>5. If Kobe gets to 6... then it's a toss up.

vCash
    Kobe is a top ten player of all time. I have him around no. 7 all time on my list of great players. As far as shooting guards are concerned, he's only behind MJ.

Comparing Kobe to Jordan:

My only issue with Kobe is his decision making at times and his shot selection. I think that is the distinction between he and Michael. Michael made better decisions at the end of late games and was the ultimate closer. Also, Jordan was a more efficient player and shot a much better pct. from the field.
    Last edited by Lakersfan2483; 02-04-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_One View Post
    Disclaimer: I was around during the Jordan/Bulls Dynasty and the Lakeshow Dynasty and I know what history will say about this and I know what some of you smart *** know it alls will say about this and I know what sports writers have to say about this and I know what haters like Charles Barkley have to say about this. So if you're going to just regurgitate that old crap then save it. I want to hear what you think in your heart of hearts when no one else is looking.

Okay I know Kobe at times can't share the rock to save his own life but at other times he has carried a .500 caliber team to the brink of success against Phoenix in the playoffs. He scored 61 in three quarters and 81 in four. You have to admit that in the pantheon of incredibly gifted athletes Kobe will go down as one of the greatest. He has had to use sheer force of will and determination to drag teams across the finish line. Sure he hasn't always been the end all be all like the Payton/Malone/Pistons finals he was more of a liability than an asset IMO.

Remember too that when others were out partying or at home with their families Kobe was in the gym with his trainers. Kobe lives, eats, and breaths basketball. He's practically married to it. His indomitable will at least IMO earns him a spot somewhere up there near the top.

Some key points to ponder before you answer:
    1. Kobe didn't have the same physical tools as Jordan
    2. He had to do more with less
    3. Now this is just me but I think it's harder now to accomplish what Jordan did back then
    4. There's more parity in the league
    5. Then Kobe had his best years squandered when Shaq babied up and quit
    Barkley actually gives Kobe his just due, he always says Kobe is a top ten player of all time. I just think Charles hates the Lakers. lol
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    Kobe is a top ten player of all time. I have him around no. 7 all time on my list of great players. As far as shooting guards are concerned, he's only behind MJ.

Comparing Kobe to Jordan:

My only issue with Kobe is his decision making at times and his shot selection. I think that is the distinction between he and Michael. Michael made better decisions at the end of late games and was the ultimate closer. Also, Jordan was a more efficient player and shot a much better pct. from the field.
    Fair enough I can buy that.

vCash
    8-9

vCash
    Not done yet but as of now top-10 with potential to move top-5 or even top 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Kobe is top 10 but Colby is ze gratest

vCash
    Jordan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Magic
    Shaq
    Russell
    Duncan
    Kobe
    Bird
    Big O

vCash
    you can argue him anywhere from 2 to 15.

my personal rank.

1 Magic
    2 Jordan
    3 Kareem
    4 Wilt
    5 Russell
    6 Duncan
    7 Shaq
    8 Kobe
    9 Bird
    10 Robertson.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner:25302554
    you can argue him anywhere from 2 to 15.

my personal rank.

1 Magic
    2 Jordan
    3 Kareem
    4 Wilt
    5 Russell
    6 Duncan
    7 Shaq
    8 Kobe
    9 Bird
    10 Robertson.
    Bingo.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    kobe is top ten, but not top 5
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Top 5 easy, he has the longevity, the talent, way too many records, the rings.

When you realize that he could've easily put up 35-40 per game if he had an offense built around him during his prime year, you'll realize how good he really is.

I mean ffs, he's 34 and reinvented himself

Leads the top 5 in scoring in assists, gets 5-6 rpg per season, always in all defensive team (even if undeserved) has many the all star game ever since he made his first one and then when he's in the all star game, outscores everybody.

the dude is so underrated it's embarrassing.
    Last edited by Tymathee; 02-04-2013 at 02:51 PM.

This is how we do it! I still believe

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast