• Wuilmer Becerra

0 0%
  • Jack Leathersich

0 0%
  • Robert Carson

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Oh and David Eckstein was a starter for a championship team.

vCash
    Eckstein was shorter, but he was 170 lbs. which means he was stronger and better built than Tovar.

vCash

2013 PSD Mets Forum #16 Mets Prospect

Lol, you come out with some really far fetch reasons, but this one tops the cake. Laugh is really all I can do here because that's how far fetch a reason as I ever seen.

You do realize that in the minors he is facing guys that throw just as hard as guys in the majors right?

vCash

Not to mention that he will bulk up some more as he gets older. It really is such a far fetch reasoning that it boggles the mind, there have been countless guys with similar size and build to Tovar who have played in the majors at SS. That position did not start to get big guys playing there till the 90's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Lol, you come out with some really far fetch reasons, but this one tops the cake. Laugh is really all I can do here because that's how far fetch a reason as I ever seen.

You do realize that in the minors he is facing guys that throw just as hard as guys in the majors right?
    Lol doesn't mean I'm wrong though.

You do realize that pitchers in the minors have much poorer location and command? In fact, look how stark the difference was with Tovar's numbers in A+ and AA. I know he was young for the league, but that doesn't exactly inspire confidence. AA and AAA will be the true test for Tovar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    BA has some issues in their list. Robles shouldn't be that high. I'd put Ynoa over Robles easily.
    Robles has been clocked as high as 94-95 MPH with his fastball. Also has 2 potential above average 2 secondary pitches.

Yes he does have 3 red flags when it comes to his delivery which is probably why you think he's a reliever or maybe it because of his low arm slot.

1. Landing foot placement isn't the same
    2. Landing foot isn't always pointing home
    3. His delivery no follow through, he actually cuts it off

While these red flags make him an injury risk, and a potential reliever, it doesn't mean that they aren't correctable. And if they do end up correcting them or at least 2 of them, his potential should increase also.

We won't know what his fate is until he is challenged, which most likely will be in AA.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Robles has been clocked as high as 94-95 MPH with his fastball. Also has 2 potential above average 2 secondary pitches.

Yes he does have 3 red flags when it comes to his delivery which is probably why you think he's a reliever or maybe it because of his low arm slot.

1. Landing foot placement isn't the same
    2. Landing foot isn't always pointing home
    3. His delivery no follow through, he actually cuts it off

While these red flags make him an injury risk, and a potential reliever, it doesn't mean that they aren't correctable. And if they do end up correcting them or at least 2 of them, his potential should increase also.

We won't know what his fate is until he is challenged, which most likely will be in AA.
    Yes that's pretty much why I think that way. Do not get me wrong, I really like his stuff, but his size, delivery, and arm slot work against his chance to start greatly in my eyes.

I think he could be a real quality reliever though.

The difference between Robles and a guy like Tapia(pitcher with a similar arm slot) is the size, effort in delivery, and consistency in mechanics.

vCash

Lol doesn't mean I'm wrong though.

You do realize that pitchers in the minors have much poorer location and command? In fact, look how stark the difference was with Tovar's numbers in A+ and AA. I know he was young for the league, but that doesn't exactly inspire confidence. AA and AAA will be the true test for Tovar.
    I have nothing else to add because is as silliest a reasoning as I have ever seen period. All I can do is laugh and leave it at that.
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 02-04-2013 at 02:29 PM.

vCash

People really need to stop looking at size to try and pigeon hole guys future, there have been plenty of small pitchers gone on I have successfully careers as starters, delivery is the more telling thing than size.

vCash
    I have nothing else to add because is as silliest a reasoning as I have ever seen period. All I can do is light and leave it at that.
    Instead of berating my opinion over and over, why not prove my point wrong? Unless you can't.

vCash
    People really need to stop looking at size to try and pigeon hole guys future, there have been plenty of small pitchers gone on I have successfully careers as starters, delivery is the more telling thing than size.
    Delivery is more important, but size is definitely important too to remain starters.

vCash
    I have nothing else to add because is as silliest a reasoning as I have ever seen period. All I can do is light and leave it at that.
    Instead of berating my opinion over and over, why not prove my point wrong? Unless you can't.
    I already did, but then you went with the also silly argument that somehow Eckstein much stronger than Tovar.

That was a good one too, I already mention how there countless SS who have similar size and height to Tovr and did well in the pros and you ignore that as usual. I mention how Tovar will likely get stronger as he ages as well, but you ignored that to.

Again you ignore facts and rather cling to a far fetched idea just because.

Hence I have nothing else to add because it was as silliest a reasoning as I have ever seen.

Is grasping for straws at its finest.

vCash

Size means nothing to me, because again plenty of smallish pitchers have proven to be starters in the majors. Delivery is more telling for me and that goes with bigger guys too. Plenty of big guys have had their careers cut short because o their delivery an had to be relegated to the pen.

vCash
    Tovar struggles to have an ISO of .100 in the minors. Do you think it will get easier to drive the ball against more advanced pitching?

Minor league BABIP is a pretty good indicator of quality of contact, Tovar makes contact, but does not hit the ball hard consistently.

There is also a correlation between BB% and power as well, but I bet you'll ignore that fact as well.

Tovar's skillset does not translate well to the big leagues in a starting role. He is most likely going to end up like Omar Quintanillia than Elvis Andrus.

vCash
    Size means nothing to me, because again plenty of smallish pitchers have proven to be starters in the majors. Delivery is more telling for me and that goes with bigger guys too. Plenty of big guys have had their careers cut short because o their delivery an had to be relegated to the pen.
    I found 2 guys in the Top 88 qualified pitchers in WAR that were RHP and under 6'0" last season. They were Johnny Cueto and Tim Lincecum. So yes, the odds are certainly against robles being an effective major league starter. It's not even all about size, his mechanics will hold him back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast