0 0%
  • Jack Leathersich

0 0%
  • Robert Carson

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 PSD Mets Forum #16 Mets Prospect

Vote for who you think is the Mets #16 prospect for 2013.

vCash
    Hansel Robles

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Plawecki gets my vote, though I was seriously considering Tovar here.

I like the power Plawecki showed in Brooklyn and had solid BB and K rates. He seems to be a good reciever and game-caller from what I've heard.

Robles is a pen arm. I bet that is why the Mets put him on the 40 man, he'll probably be fast-tracked.

vCash
    Hansel and Gretel here.

He may be small, but he has 4 pitches that he throws with effectiveness. He has a consistent delivery, and an overall good feel for pitching.

Maybe this is a stretch ranking based on his age, but I think if he shows more consistency this year he will be viewed as a very serviceable arm for the organization with real value.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    I will give Tovar a vote because believe it or not he is more likely to reach the majors than Cecchini right now, he will likely stay at SS for sure given the fact that he is a plus defender there and like Tejada he is a guy that does not strike out much. He also has improved his walk rates the last couple of years. Expect zero power from him, but he is a guy that could also steal some 20 bases a year. Probably a starter for a second division team, but a guy that may give you a WAR around 2.5-3.0 imo.

vCash
    One more time for kevin Plawecki! He will be our starting catcher someday!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Way too early to say Robles is just a pen arm and the reason they put him on the 40 man roster was simply because he was so good and dominant last year that they did not want to take a chance on losing him.

I love Robles and have been on his bandwagon driving it for months now, but while I think he can be a starter long term am not sure if he can be more than a 4th starter as of now and I really would like to see what he can do in a long season team, though last year he got better as the season went along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Hansel and Gretel here.

He may be small, but he has 4 pitches that he throws with effectiveness. He has a consistent delivery, and an overall good feel for pitching.

Maybe this is a stretch ranking based on his age, but I think if he shows more consistency this year he will be viewed as a very serviceable arm for the organization with real value.
    If you watch his delivery, his foot plants in a very awkward position. His delivery uses a lot of effort in the arm as well, and he's only 5'11."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I will give Tovar a vote because believe it or not he is more likely to reach the majors than Cecchini right now, he will likely stay at SS for sure given the fact that he is a plus defender there and like Tejada he is a guy that does not strike out much. He also has improved his walk rates the last couple of years. Expect zero power from him, but he is a guy that could also steal some 20 bases a year. Probably a starter for a second division team, but a guy that may give you a WAR around 2.5-3.0 imo.
    Tovar strikes me as a .250/.320/.300 guy with the bat. If you want that at SS be my guest. He's better than Tejada defensively, but worse offensively.

vCash
    Way too early to say Robles is just a pen arm and the reason they put him on the 40 man roster was simply because he was so good and dominant last year that they did not want to take a chance on losing him.

I love Robles and have been on his bandwagon driving it for months now, but while I think he can be a starter long term am not sure if he can be more than a 4th starter as of now and I really would like to see what he can do in a long season team, though last year he got better as the season went along.
    I think it's a real long shot for him to be a starter for many reasons. He should be outside the Top 20 imo.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-04-2013 at 12:11 PM.

vCash
    The skills are there for him to be a starting SS for some team in the majors and that is what really matters. IMO he can be an Elvis Andrus type defensive player who puts similar numbers to Andrus except for stolen bases and power.

I have no idea why you would say he is a .250 guy with his BB/K rates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I think it's a real long shot for him to be a starter for many reasons. He should be outside the Top 20 imo.
    And yet BA has him at #12.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    The skills are there for him to be a starting SS for some team in the majors and that is what really matters. IMO he can be an Elvis Andrus type defensive player who puts similar numbers to Andrus except for stolen bases and power.

I have no idea why you would say he is a .250 guy with his BB/K rates.
    Lack of strength and power. He's smaller than Tejada, meaning pitchers will knock the bat out of his hands. He's only 5'10" 160 lbs. while Andrus is 6'0" 200 lbs. Tejada is 5'11" 185 lbs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    And yet BA has him at #12.
    BA has some issues in their list. Robles shouldn't be that high. I'd put Ynoa over Robles easily.

vCash
    So?

Those are not valid reasons as to why he would hit .250, he is not a baby out there dude am sure he will be able to hold on to the bat when he makes contact.

Have you heard of guys like David Eckstein who were smaller than Tovar, well Tovar can easily have a similar career to Eckstein, with a better glove.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast