69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 73.91%
  • No

18 26.09%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Absolutely! Clearly that pass defines a season, a career and is illustrative of his ability.

Nothing like a singular example to define ability.

well done!
    Well, if you can define a player by one play... there is no QB in the league today who makes that throw in the last seconds of normal time against Denver.

Yes, the safety made a mistake, but partly it was because he felt he had retreated beyond the QB's throwing range and that caused him to stutter.

In that moment, with the season on the line... that wasnt just an aimless heave down the pitch, it was an astonishing play.
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2013 season
    155 carries, 621 yards, 1TD
    35 receptions, 276 yards, 0 TDs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    Big players are the ones who step up when the team really needs them, and who play their best football on the biggest stage. This guy has proved himself in this playoff run as elite. He's in the top 4 in his position and I cant think of any way they get anything but a huge downgrade if they let him go.
    there is no way in hell flacco is in the top 4 at his position
    PSD Bulls Mock Trade Deadline
    Chicago Bulls

Rose-Gordon-Deng-Anderson-Asik

vCash
    The Ravens have no choice but to keep Flacco. He's done amazing things for them and he's phenomenal in the post-season. That being said, they DO have a choice in how they go about keeping him.

-He's already turned down $16M/season, allegedly.

If I'm the Ravens I do the following:

1.) Offer him $17M/season. If he declines I franchise him for $14.6M in 2013.

2.) After 2013, if he plays lights out and looks worth the money, I up it to $18M/season, with a lot of it guaranteed and the back end of the contract easy to cut if things don't work out.

3.) If he turns down $18M/season, I franchise him one more time at $17.5M and let him play out the season, or trade him for 3-4 premium picks. If he wins another SB, or is playing like an elite QB by the end of the 2014 season, you bow down and kiss his ***.

vCash
    Yes. Anything else would be bizarre....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    there is no way in hell flacco is in the top 4 at his position
    Rough crowd.

Flacco is definitely top 4 at his position. IMO, he is #1. He just won a Super Bowl, the Super Bowl MVP, and had one of the greatest post-seasons ever recorded for QB's.

I always liked Flacco and I think he deserves 18-20mil per year.

He always has his team in the playoffs and he just proved to everyone that he can win.

The hate that Eli Manning And Flacco catch is utterly ridiculous. Without those QB's, those teams would've never won a title.

vCash
    I'd offer 15MM, but really Flacco holds all the cards. Whom are the Ravens going to sign to replace him? And would the Ravens risk blowing up a championship team (that won't go over well in the locker room)? Flacco prob deserves as much as Eli. They're both mediocre regular season QBs, but have proven to be winners in the post-season (Terry Bradshaw-esque?).

vCash
    Should they resign Flacco?

Simple answer: YES!

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Rough crowd.

Flacco is definitely top 4 at his position. IMO, he is #1. He just won a Super Bowl, the Super Bowl MVP, and had one of the greatest post-seasons ever recorded for QB's.

He always has his team in the playoffs and he just proved to everyone that he can win.

The hate that Eli Manning And Flacco catch is utterly ridiculous. Without those QB's, those teams would've never won a title.
    peyton, brayd, rodgers and brees are all withou a doubt better, so no flacco is not top 4
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    It was a joke tard
    How do you know what the other poster meant?

Are you a dupe account of that poster?

BTW, it was sarcasm which can also be funny. Especially to those with a sense of humor.
    Last edited by subroc; 02-04-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Absolutely, yes. I don't understand this fixation of regular season statistics. It is mind-dumbing.

Let's look at Brady for example. Not comparing the two, this is just being used as a point.

Tom Brady's first five years as a starter: 18,029 yards, 123 touchdowns, 66 interceptions.

Joe Flacco's first five years as a starter: 17,633, 102 touchdowns, 56 interceptions.

Flacco had the disadvantage of starting as a rookie. Not as good numbers, but similar enough.

Brady won three Super Bowls in that time. Flacco was a missed field goal away from going to the Super Bowl last year. The year before that, he made a perfect pass to Houshmandzada, who dropped it. He has performed very well in the playoffs. With quarterbacks like Brady and Peyton Manning performing somewhat poorly in recent playoffs, I think a quarterback that does enough to get into the playoffs and then play well in the playoffs is kinda a bit more important than a QB who can be MVP and come short in the playoffs.

Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning are all compared because of their Super Bowl victories as being best ever, and yet playoff performances can't be taken into account for the value of Joe Flacco?

Some people are absolutely retarded when considering what they want in a QB. Poor playoff performances are enough to condemn a QB (Favre, Romo, Peyton). Excellent, mistake-free playoff performances are not enough to exonerate a QB.

Just for a little confirmation, take a guess as to the last QB to have no interceptions in the playoffs culminating in a Super Bowl victory. Montana.

vCash
    Absolutely you resign him, for what he has achieved and because there is no one else better. He is going to be overpaid but oh well.

vCash
    Even though he'll be over payed to be brought back, I'd do it simply because there's no better option out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Rough crowd.

Can't believe you said said he was #1 at his position. Oh my god LMFAO

vCash
    Elvis grbac
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Flacco isn't even top 10 at his position, but they have to overpay him. You can't be stingy at the QB position. It's really hard to find a guy as good as Joe Flacco, so you're stuck paying him elite money for fear of what else is out there. That's a unique thing about the QB position in the NFL - no way around overpaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast