Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 73.91%
  • No

18 26.09%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If you were the Ravens GM, would you resign Joe Flacco?

On the surface this seems like an easy question, after the amazing postseason he just had.

But if you step back and look at the full season he had this year, it gets tougher.

He had, by my count, 6 or 7 HORRIFIC regular season games this year.

@PHI
    @KC
    @HOU (One of the worst QB performances of all time)
    @PIT
    @SD
    vsPIT
    vsDEN
    @CIN

Seriously, go look at his stats in those games - http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...252/joe-flacco

On the other hand, he did just have an incredibly great postseason. But is one great postseason worth 20+ million a year (which I have no doubt some desperate team will offer him), especially when that contract will put the Ravens into deep problems with the cap? (No reed, boldin, birk, mckinnie, etc)

What do you think? Vote!

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Really? Don't mind replying, I'm logging off.
    Last edited by Sooper; 02-04-2013 at 06:51 AM.

vCash
    No GM worth anything would resign the Superbowl MVP.

vCash
    i think it's a pretty damn good question. he's an really good QB but he's not an incredible QB but he might get paid like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Well, the question really is does he make it to free agency? He is a FA in 2013 and I believe the FA year starts March 13, 2013. Rarely will a player that plays his contract out with the hope, or as part of the plan, of making it to FA to test the waters doesn't do that. I expect the Ravens will have to make quite an offer to prevent him from testing those waters.

There aren't that many guys that can actually play the position of QB at the NFL level in the world and he shows he is one of them.

vCash
    Ummm he played pretty well against SD and only played like a series against cincy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooper View Post
    Really? Don't mind replying, I'm logging off.
    Good response. It's a valid question. He has some pretty awful games throughout the season. Too many to pay $20m a season for, IMO.

vCash
    of course, especailly considering the alternatives if you dont
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I wouldn't no WAY!!! Did you see that incomplete pass in the 2nd quarter last night? Was so far off not even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    On the surface this seems like an easy question, after the amazing postseason he just had.

But if you step back and look at the full season he had this year, it gets tougher.

He had, by my count, 6 or 7 HORRIFIC regular season games this year.

!
    Sounds like something the anti-Eli group would say. There are always a few in every group. lol

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    You'll note what happened to the offensive coordinator that called those games. Also note the difference in Flacco's performance after that change.

I'll also add that it's pretty tough to jetison a QB that has led your team to at least one playoff win every year he has been in the league. This is doubly true when he just won the Superbowl and was the MVP. I cannot think of any similar situation where the QB was ditched. Anyone else?
    “We learn from history that we do not learn from history”
    ― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

vCash
    I can't believe this is even brought up. Yes you re-sign Joe Flacco. He played lights out when the games mattered most and beat Luck, Peyton, Brady, and the ungodly superhero Kaepernick. Say what you want about a couple regular season games but he absolutely turned it on. He's in the elite category now and you pay the man.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ttemptt View Post
    I wouldn't no WAY!!! Did you see that incomplete pass in the 2nd quarter last night? Was so far off not even close.
    Absolutely! Clearly that pass defines a season, a career and is illustrative of his ability.

Nothing like a singular example to define ability.

well done!

vCash
    He Destoryed the 49ers D(which in my mind best D in the nfl) in the first half and made great plays in the 4th Againts them I only saw Brees And Brady Do That to them. So yes he deserves the big money contract he plays big when it matters.
    WHO DAT!

vCash
    Sign Elvis Grbac again. That went REALLY well last time we hoisted the Lombardi.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast