Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Smart/Cousins relationship has fallen apart

They are playing fractured basketball and are treating Keith Smart like a substitute teacher, with the current ownership position putting Smart's job in question beyond this season.

DeMarcus Cousins has taken to calling out Smart, who had been his biggest advocate.

So I asked Cousins if all his teammates were sacrificing for each other and buying into what Smart wants.

"I know I'm trying to do my part," Cousins said.

Cousins has been frustrated with Smart's substitutions and wants more touches on offense.

Smart wants Cousins to work harder. He doesn't want to see Cousins trailing on plays and wants to see him working to get offensive rebounds and make better decisions when he has the ball.

But the dynamic of this relationship has been in peril since their blowup in December that led to Cousins' two-game suspension, a penalty that would have been longer if basketball president Geoff Petrie and Smart hadn't been overridden by the Maloofs.

Since the announcement the Maloofs had an agreement to sell a controlling share of the team, players realize a new boss will be in town - regardless of what city the team plays in - and Smart has been getting the substitute teacher treatment.

It's shown in their play and Cousins' willingness to call out his coach is another sign.

It's feeling a lot like Paul Westphal's final days as coach last season.
    http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings...ings-dont.html

Good insights from Jason Jones.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    I like Jason Jones, but this is pure speculation. Having said that, I don't doubt any of it though.

I mean, they're playing like Smart is the substitute.

vCash
    I think even the fans know that new ownership probably means new coach.

I don't expect the Kings to play entertaining basketball the rest of the way, lately I have had very little desire to watch the Kings games lately, its like going to a movie you know is going to be bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    I like Jason Jones, but this is pure speculation. Having said that, I don't doubt any of it though.

I mean, they're playing like Smart is the substitute.
    Really though, where has Smart ever proven he's a good coach? He was brought in to mentor Cousins, but you can't get through to Cousins if you cant coach up players around him and win. He has no idea how to win, how to build a rotation, how to run an offensive set. He has never ever taught defense. Its more than halfway through the season you shouldn't be figuring out your rotations anymore unless you have injuries which the Kings have none of. I dont care how inconsistent your players are, they are not gonna suddenly become consistent. Theyll be less consistent if they never know if theyre playing. The only one who knows his role is Cousins because hes a superstar (imo). This is what happens when a lame duck roster is coached by a lame duck coach who is supplied talent by a lame duck GM who is hamstrung by lame duck broke drug addict ***hole selfish owners. That is all.

vCash
    Maybe if Cousins didn't throw a temper tantrum to get his BFF in the starting lineup, the team would be better. Maybe if Smart wasn't a moron and started Jimmer next to Reke, the team would be better. Regardless, both Cousins and Smart are losers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer55 View Post
    Maybe if Cousins didn't throw a temper tantrum to get his BFF in the starting lineup, the team would be better. Maybe if Smart wasn't a moron and started Jimmer next to Reke, the team would be better. Regardless, both Cousins and Smart are losers.
    If Cousins is a loser then Jimmer is a complete failure.

vCash
    Seriously, get off of Jimmer's dick. He's a role player at best. Wanna know who else averaged 28 points a game in college? Adam Morrison... Now he's busy playing nowhere.

Jimmer's ceiling is JJ Redick with an even worse defensive game at best. Now stop talking about him like he's the almighty Zeus of basketball, it annoys the hell out of ever poster here

Welcome to Good Boogie, home of the Good Boogie

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdelez24 View Post
    Seriously, get off of Jimmer's dick. He's a role player at best. Wanna know who else averaged 28 points a game in college? Adam Morrison... Now he's busy playing nowhere.

Jimmer's ceiling is JJ Redick with an even worse defensive game at best. Now stop talking about him like he's the almighty Zeus of basketball, it annoys the hell out of ever poster here
    shut your god damn mouth you lying Jezebel. I believe in Jimmer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imbetterthanyou View Post
    If Cousins is a loser then Jimmer is a complete failure.
    How so? Jimmer is being black balled and hasn't gotten an opportunity to shine with starter minutes. Jimmer is a professional and great teammate. Jimmer is a grown man, not a little boy in a 6'11 270 pound body. Jimmer had a MUCH better college career than Cousins. What has DMC done in ths league that's so impressive? Be the lead dog on one of the worst teams in the NBA while shooting 42% from the CENTER position? Please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdelez24 View Post

You're WRONG. Just wait.

vCash
    Jimmer's per 48min is one of the best in the league. His sample size is big enough that it probably isn't a fluke. If given extended minutes he could be one of our most productive players despite his bad D.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Jimmer's per 48min is one of the best in the league. His sample size is big enough that it probably isn't a fluke. If given extended minutes he could be one of our most productive players despite his bad D.
    It really is comical at this point to point to any weaknesses Jimmer has or may have that keep him from playing. The Kings are one of the worst teams in the league, trying to be logical when trying to explain why Jimmer isn't playing is illogical all together. The Kings are probably the worst defensive team in the league, so I doubt Jimmer is going to be much worse.

vCash
    Where did my post go? Anyway, by the time I got to the bottomof this thread I forgot the subject.

Cuz just gives up way to easy.
    We do need to see what Jimmer can do at this point. My faith in Cuz is slowly melting away. I used to love his fire, but now it's not being used to fuel his game, it's destroying it.

vCash
    Please dude. I'm fine with Jimmer getting more minutes, in fact I'd like to see him get that. Trying to say that he is better than Cousins is laughable. If he was lighting the world on fire every time he got on the floor hed be starting by now. *Cue Smart is a racist rant*

vCash
    It really is comical at this point to point to any weaknesses Jimmer has or may have that keep him from playing. The Kings are one of the worst teams in the league, trying to be logical when trying to explain why Jimmer isn't playing is illogical all together. The Kings are probably the worst defensive team in the league, so I doubt Jimmer is going to be much worse.
    Just out of curiosity, what type of stats do you think Jimmer would put up if the Kings gave him 35 minutes a game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast