Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How was the officiating in the Super Bowl?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

31 22.96%
  • Terrible

42 31.11%
  • Decent

62 45.93%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Clearly the refs blew the defensive PI in the endzone. Would have been nice to see if Flacco could have pulled off what Eli Manning did with a last min drive rather than have his defense bail him out.
    Did you think it was just a hold on Crabtree? Or did you see the push off and hand to the face of the Ravens player by Crabtree as well?
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    The irony here is the 49ers won a playoff game vs the Giants when the refs did not call a totally blatant pass interference call against the 49ers.

49ers don't have much success against the Giants in the playoffs, but I'm guess you are referring to 2002?
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    I though the officiating was ok for the most part, and then I see that some of the biggest plays that went the Ravens way was b/c of some help from the officiating.

TD return by Jones, Bruce Miller was held, tackled, and possibly raped..no call.
    2 pt conversion by SF, Ed Reed offsides, and the official responsible for making the call leaves the line of scrimmage!
    If you are gonna call PI on Culliver for that weakness in which Boldin pushed off, then you damn better call it on the Ravens who got away with 3 times including on the deep pass to Crabtree.
    Torrey Smith gets away with an offensive PI, no penalty, and the Ravens score a TD on the very next play.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Not to mention the entire 49er defense getting tackled on the safety play... that was an absolute joke.

please watch the replays... you'd think the 49ers are on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    49ers don't have much success against the Giants in the playoffs, but I'm guess you are referring to 2002?
    Yes 2002 made me upset because I thought the PI on the 49ers was pretty clear. Refs would not call it as game saving penalty.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Not to mention the entire 49er defense getting tackled on the safety play... that was an absolute joke.

please watch the replays... you'd think the 49ers are on offense.

What happens if that is called? I do not see much of a dramatic effect. Move back 3.5 yards and take the safety again.

vCash
    honestly i thought it was pretty dam good minus that last no call. they wanted the players to decide and i cant really knock that. should have been called but it wasnt. better throw and the no call doesnt matter
    <<<<Home of the Giants
    SF Giants -
    Heat -
    49ers - x5
    Sharks -
    Texas A&M (CFB) - Johnny "football" Manziel!!!!
    Seton Hall (CBB) - One day........I miss Dehere
    Current favorite players - D Wade, Patrick Willis, Buster Posey.
    All time fave's - Glen Rice/ZO, Barry Bonds, Jerry Rice

vCash
    If anything, I think the call could have been an offsetting holding/offensive PI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoWind1 View Post
    Seahawks are a good team and 49ers are a gimmick offense
    Bait much?

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    What happens if that is called? I do not see much of a dramatic effect. Move back 3.5 yards and take the safety again.
    Actually it would be a safety and possibly save 3 seconds. I am not saying the 49ers would score because it would be extremely difficult but it could possibly give us an extra play.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    You're probably in a very small minority with that opinion. I agree, that call should have been made. But that was a very entertaining game regardless.
    but you have to think how insane would that last min+ be if the 9ers scored

vCash
    28-6 which included a kickoff return. His defense bailed him out. He was on the cusp of the biggest choke in Superbowl history.
    The idiocy is truly remarkable. Scoring 27 points on offense and the defense not being able to stop the other team, giving up 31 points = choking and being bailed out by your defense.

Remarkable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    The idiocy is truly remarkable. Scoring 27 points on offense and the defense not being able to stop the other team, giving up 31 points = choking and being bailed out by your defense.

Remarkable.
    Save the drama. We all know it's anti-Eli and bash away. We forgive you and all the insults aimed at others intellect while obviously not close to receiving any academic accolades yourself.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    Actually it would be a safety and possibly save 3 seconds. I am not saying the 49ers would score because it would be extremely difficult but it could possibly give us an extra play.
    I did not know the holding was in the end zone. If that was the case you are right but I still do not see a dramatic effect in that case.

vCash
    Save the drama. We all know it's anti-Eli and bash away. We forgive you and all the insults aimed at others intellect while obviously not close to receiving any academic accolades yourself.
    I said nothing about Eli. You're such a ****ing dumbass. It's remarkable. I said nothing about Eli. I was talking about simple football logic.

How does scoring 27 points on offense = choking?
    How does your defense giving up 31 points = bailing you out?

It's simply illogical. It's nothing more than a contrived argument to put a player down. That's all it is.

Also, my academic accomplishments stand on their own merit, without you or your opinions. lol.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast