Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Ideal situation... Trave Revis for a first 2nd and 6th to San Fran... Trade cromartie to Houston for a 2nd 3rd and 7th..
    Who are your corners then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyroos View Post
    Who are your corners then?
    Who needs corners? With those draft picks you can select corners.. Like our first rounder in Kyle Wilson.. The waterboy covers wide receivers real good
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Yes please trade Revis for a 1st/2nd that'll be in the end of the draft and a QB who isnt anywhere near the future of the franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Who needs corners? With those draft picks you can select corners.. Like our first rounder in Kyle Wilson.. The waterboy covers wide receivers real good
    Corners? We don't need no stinking corners.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Well I guess thats where we disagree my friend, I just dont agree with getting a second round pick and thats all for revis.. Let me shed some light on why I think you are 100% false.

Marshall Top 10 receiver traded to Miami for a Second round pick.... No Where close to Revis's Level

Vontae Davis Traded to The colts for a second and 6th round pick. (I think it was a six could be wrong)

Jay Cutler (was he even top 10 in 2008?) Two First round picks and Kyle Orton.

Just a few recent trades that went for more than you say Revis will go for. There are plenty of suitors for multiple picks, maybe not a 1,2 and a conditional next year but some heavy compensation.

i feel like you are debating with yourself. who said "getting a second round pick and thats all" for revis? certainly not me, maybe its that little voice in your head? i said no team would give up a 1st, 2nd, and additional pick like YOU said. that we would likely be looking at just a 1st (and IMO no thank you).

plus 2 out for your 3 "examples" show far less value than we are even discussing, only one of them even received a 1st rounder.

plus, i am sick of seeing your stupid sig pic in all these threads following your incoherent posts, but sorry, thats off topic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post
    I think the key lies in Woody Johnson and what kind of a check he is willing to write for the signing bonus. If he will write a $25-30 million dollar check for the signing bonus, then Revis gets all of that once he signs. Part of the trade off for that is a low base salary in the first year, which I would try to negotiate down to about a million. Then even though he gets a check for $30million, he only gets $1 million in salary this year and would count for $7 million on the cap ($1 million base + $6 million prorated signing bonus). This actually saves you $2 million on the cap (his current hit is projected to be $9 million). Then you can structure the spike year/highest cap hit of the contract for year 2 (2014) and pay him $20 million because you will be freeing up a lot of money by letting Sanchez and Holmes go (over $16 million in cap space).

So he essentially gets over $50 million physically in his hands in the first 2 years (only about $27 million as far as cap hits) and for that he gives us a backloaded year 6 and or 7 that hit for $20 million as well as another no holdout clause, so that the deal actually resemble a 4-5 year contract worth around $14 million tops.
    I agree about the spike in year two. I think that is why all this trading Revis stuff is bull. He is a hall of fame player on a team that does not have a history of that level of talent. The Jets won't trade him because his trade value is too low off the knee injury and he has a national fan base. Ask anybody who the best corner in the league is and most will say Revis. The Jets can give him a huge base salary in year 2 when Sanchez and Holmes is off the books therefore lessening his cap load throughout the rest of his contract. They can keep both Revis and Cro but I am sure the leak about trading both is for leverage in contract talks with Revis and for Cro to renegotiate his cap value to stay with the team. Let me ask you guys something, not know how good of a year Adrian Peterson had.....would you have traded two #1's for him last offseason to bring him to the Jets? No way. That is how we have to view the value of Revis....an unknown post injury.
    Last edited by Clarkib; 02-05-2013 at 09:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steve4x4 View Post
    i feel like you are debating with yourself. who said "getting a second round pick and thats all" for revis? certainly not me, maybe its that little voice in your head? i said no team would give up a 1st, 2nd, and additional pick like YOU said. that we would likely be looking at just a 1st (and IMO no thank you).

plus 2 out for your 3 "examples" show far less value than we are even discussing, only one of them even received a 1st rounder.

plus, i am sick of seeing your stupid sig pic in all these threads following your incoherent posts, but sorry, thats off topic.

Ill be posting in every single thread I see you post in on purpose now :-) And no I'm not debating with myself because you are not the only airhead who thinks revis will be given away.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    You can't really compare Revis to Cutler or Marshall. They are totally different positions and in Cutler's case, he plays the most important position in the game (QB) so his value is much higher. Marshall's value dipped because of his attitude and stuff.

With Revis, you can definitely get a 1st rounder and perhaps 1 or 2 other picks, but you aren't getting and RGIII haul.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    You can't really compare Revis to Cutler or Marshall. They are totally different positions and in Cutler's case, he plays the most important position in the game (QB) so his value is much higher. Marshall's value dipped because of his attitude and stuff.

With Revis, you can definitely get a 1st rounder and perhaps 1 or 2 other picks, but you aren't getting and RGIII haul.
    Thats all I was saying, but apparently some people cant understand a post.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    revis to the rams for there 2 first round picks would be heaven
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Thats all I was saying, but apparently some people cant understand a post.
    What?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    What?
    not getting magoo'd I've learned from previous mistakes!

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Can't believe Jet fans are actually underrating Revis AND Cromartie now. Before it was just Cromartie but now somehow, its both of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Can't believe Jet fans are actually underrating Revis AND Cromartie now. Before it was just Cromartie but now somehow, its both of them.

Agreed

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    I want a keyshawn package for revis no less but I'd prefer more

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast