Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    .
    If this is true, then I view it as trading Revis for a 1st and security from a potential huge market for Smith. I mean, essentially if Smith is released we could sign him for $7.5Mil range and then at that point it is like we traded Revis for a mere 1st.

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    No team will give that much for a perenial pro bowler in his PRIME, who just happens to be the best CB ever...

    I think you sir are delusional, if the Phins can get a 2nd and 6th theres no reason we can get a first and second. Vontae cant even hold revis's jockstrap on his best day. And not to mention there buddy that this will be a bidding war for revis and I know teams that are tasting a Superbowl like Denver and San Fran and even Houston will be in a bidding war for him. Don't see how that out of the realm of possibility, no way we trade revis for a 2nd he goes for a first and more.
    Furthermore, I dont see how there isnt a proven play involved...I feel the JETS have to like the idea of getting someone they KNOW can help based on evidence as opposed to potential...

    I dont believe you are far off Scope, he is a perennial PBer, in his PRIME, and may be best ever. We will get good value for him. We just wont get as much as if he was not injured last year, didnt have huge contract demands...

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Furthermore, I dont see how there isnt a proven play involved...I feel the JETS have to like the idea of getting someone they KNOW can help based on evidence as opposed to potential...

    I dont believe you are far off Scope, he is a perennial PBer, in his PRIME, and may be best ever. We will get good value for him. We just wont get as much as if he was not injured last year, didnt have huge contract demands...
    Before injury he is easily a two first round type of guy, my thinking is a first and a second for him after injury is fair. These types of injuries happen all the time and athletes come back just as strong if not stronger. The injury concern is a mere ploy to drive down the asking price.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    No team will give that much for a perenial pro bowler in his PRIME, who just happens to be the best CB ever...

    I think you sir are delusional, if the Phins can get a 2nd and 6th theres no reason we can get a first and second. Vontae cant even hold revis's jockstrap on his best day. And not to mention there buddy that this will be a bidding war for revis and I know teams that are tasting a Superbowl like Denver and San Fran and even Houston will be in a bidding war for him. Don't see how that out of the realm of possibility, no way we trade revis for a 2nd he goes for a first and more.
    you are wrong. you will never get a 1st, 2nd, and additional pick. not before surgery, and definitely not after.

    i am really hoping we can keep him. but if he did get traded, i cant imagine getting anything more than a 1st...which isnt worth it in my opinion.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,903
    vCash
    1500
    Ideal situation... Trave Revis for a first 2nd and 6th to San Fran... Trade cromartie to Houston for a 2nd 3rd and 7th..
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

    2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canadian In Michigan.
    Posts
    42,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Ideal situation... Trave Revis for a first 2nd and 6th to San Fran... Trade cromartie to Houston for a 2nd 3rd and 7th..
    And then we start who at corner? You can get as many picks as you want... not every pick is going to be a top 10 at their position like Revis AND Cromartie are.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,406
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x View Post
    @NYjetsfan69 but Revis is prob gonna want that guaranteed money upfront in the first few years in case something happens to him. I don't see him agreeing to a back-loaded contract but who knows.
    The new CBA only allows the proration of signing bonus money over 5 years. So if you give him a huge signing bonus, he gets all that money at once, but it is spread out over 5 years. So if we gave him a $30 million signing bonus, he gets $30 million from the owner this year, but it is prorated over the course of 5 years, not year 6 or 7, as far as cap hit goes. Even if you put roster bonuses in year 6 and 7, you can still cut him before they hit. The only way he gets leverage is if you guarantee his base salary in year 6 or 7, but no team in their right mind guarantees a full $16 million for a 34 or 35 year old. While I believe a portion of his salary would be guaranteed in those years, the whole thing won't be giving us the leverage to renegotiate the contract.

    For instance, Buffalo holds some leverage in year 5 of the Mario Williams contract, but all of it in the 6th year.

    In the 5th year, his cap hit is 19.9 million. The Bills owe him the $3.8 million of his prorated bonus and $2.1 million of guarantees they can't get out of, as well as a $2.5 million roster bonus. In the 6th year, his cap hit is $16.5 million and he is owed a $2.6 million in guarantees they can't get out of, as well as a $3.5 million roster bonus.

    If they cut him before the roster bonus is due in the 5th year, they owe him $3.8 million from the signing bonus, $2.1 million of guarantees from the 5th year and $2.6 million of guarantees from year 6 for a total of $8.5 million. So he is only guaranteed to be paid $8.5 million instead of $19.9 million in year 5. The bills can cut him and save $11.4 million. Mario will be age 32 and he won't get $16 million a year on the open market if cut, so why wouldn't he renegotiate? He would want to have years added to the contract as well as some new money to guarantee a job long-term. Even if they cut him, yes it does suck to have $8.5 million in dead space, however at least they can get out of it and that's how you would have to deal with Revis.

    In year 6, the Bills only owe Mario $2.6 million of $16.5 million, giving them all the leverage in the world.

    They also have protection in year 3, as he has a $10.6 million roster bonus.

    So there are ways to structure a contract with him that will satisfy his desire to be paid like a premier player and still protect the team.

    I think the key lies in Woody Johnson and what kind of a check he is willing to write for the signing bonus. If he will write a $25-30 million dollar check for the signing bonus, then Revis gets all of that once he signs. Part of the trade off for that is a low base salary in the first year, which I would try to negotiate down to about a million. Then even though he gets a check for $30million, he only gets $1 million in salary this year and would count for $7 million on the cap ($1 million base + $6 million prorated signing bonus). This actually saves you $2 million on the cap (his current hit is projected to be $9 million). Then you can structure the spike year/highest cap hit of the contract for year 2 (2014) and pay him $20 million because you will be freeing up a lot of money by letting Sanchez and Holmes go (over $16 million in cap space).

    So he essentially gets over $50 million physically in his hands in the first 2 years (only about $27 million as far as cap hits) and for that he gives us a backloaded year 6 and or 7 that hit for $20 million as well as another no holdout clause, so that the deal actually resemble a 4-5 year contract worth around $14 million tops.

    Coming off his serious knee injury, I feel something like this makes sense for both parties. Revis can tout himself as king ding-a-ling for his damned penis envy of any defensive player that had a higher per year average because they don't anymore, while the Jets get a renegotiable contract in the 5th or 6th year to ensure Revis's career ends with the Jets after a move to safety.

    Sure if he gets hurt, we'll be screwed for a year or 2, but if you trade him and Cro gets hurt its still the same thing. We are screwed in the secondary. However the upside of Revis versus Cro...well I think we all know that.
    Last edited by NYJetsfan69; 02-04-2013 at 05:50 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    vCash
    1500
    If the Jets want to trade Revis (or even Cromartie), the Super Bowl couldn't have went much better. If the 49ers had a good CB, they would have beat the Ravens. At the same time, a team like Denver is probably thinking the same thing. These 2 games should lead to a bidding war between them and some other teams. I personally hope that the Jets trade Cromartie and re-sign Revis. Cromartie should get the Jets a couple of picks and some salary cap relief.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,705
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post

    So he essentially gets over $50 million physically in his hands in the first 2 years (only about $27 million as far as cap hits) and for that he gives us a backloaded year 6 and or 7 that hit for $20 million as well as another no holdout clause, so that the deal actually resemble a 4-5 year contract worth around $14 million tops.

    I got it now. That makes sense and when it's broken down how you explained I could see something like this happen...at least I hope so.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steve4x4 View Post
    you are wrong. you will never get a 1st, 2nd, and additional pick. not before surgery, and definitely not after.

    i am really hoping we can keep him. but if he did get traded, i cant imagine getting anything more than a 1st...which isnt worth it in my opinion.
    Well I guess thats where we disagree my friend, I just dont agree with getting a second round pick and thats all for revis.. Let me shed some light on why I think you are 100% false.

    Marshall Top 10 receiver traded to Miami for a Second round pick.... No Where close to Revis's Level

    Vontae Davis Traded to The colts for a second and 6th round pick. (I think it was a six could be wrong)

    Jay Cutler (was he even top 10 in 2008?) Two First round picks and Kyle Orton.


    Just a few recent trades that went for more than you say Revis will go for. There are plenty of suitors for multiple picks, maybe not a 1,2 and a conditional next year but some heavy compensation.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    If the Jets want to trade Revis (or even Cromartie), the Super Bowl couldn't have went much better. If the 49ers had a good CB, they would have beat the Ravens. At the same time, a team like Denver is probably thinking the same thing. These 2 games should lead to a bidding war between them and some other teams. I personally hope that the Jets trade Cromartie and re-sign Revis. Cromartie should get the Jets a couple of picks and some salary cap relief.

    Exactly....


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    1500
    If we were to trade Revis to the 49ers I want Ahmad Brooks involved in part of the return

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous46 View Post
    If we were to trade Revis to the 49ers I want Ahmad Brooks involved in part of the return
    I wouldnt have a problem with this, but picks also need to be involved.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    1500
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I wouldnt have a problem with this, but picks also need to be involved.
    Of coarse I don't think we can trade Revis without also receiving a few draft picks too

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post
    The new CBA only allows the proration of signing bonus money over 5 years. So if you give him a huge signing bonus, he gets all that money at once, but it is spread out over 5 years. So if we gave him a $30 million signing bonus, he gets $30 million from the owner this year, but it is prorated over the course of 5 years, not year 6 or 7, as far as cap hit goes. Even if you put roster bonuses in year 6 and 7, you can still cut him before they hit. The only way he gets leverage is if you guarantee his base salary in year 6 or 7, but no team in their right mind guarantees a full $16 million for a 34 or 35 year old. While I believe a portion of his salary would be guaranteed in those years, the whole thing won't be giving us the leverage to renegotiate the contract.

    For instance, Buffalo holds some leverage in year 5 of the Mario Williams contract, but all of it in the 6th year.

    In the 5th year, his cap hit is 19.9 million. The Bills owe him the $3.8 million of his prorated bonus and $2.1 million of guarantees they can't get out of, as well as a $2.5 million roster bonus. In the 6th year, his cap hit is $16.5 million and he is owed a $2.6 million in guarantees they can't get out of, as well as a $3.5 million roster bonus.

    If they cut him before the roster bonus is due in the 5th year, they owe him $3.8 million from the signing bonus, $2.1 million of guarantees from the 5th year and $2.6 million of guarantees from year 6 for a total of $8.5 million. So he is only guaranteed to be paid $8.5 million instead of $19.9 million in year 5. The bills can cut him and save $11.4 million. Mario will be age 32 and he won't get $16 million a year on the open market if cut, so why wouldn't he renegotiate? He would want to have years added to the contract as well as some new money to guarantee a job long-term. Even if they cut him, yes it does suck to have $8.5 million in dead space, however at least they can get out of it and that's how you would have to deal with Revis.

    In year 6, the Bills only owe Mario $2.6 million of $16.5 million, giving them all the leverage in the world.

    They also have protection in year 3, as he has a $10.6 million roster bonus.

    So there are ways to structure a contract with him that will satisfy his desire to be paid like a premier player and still protect the team.

    I think the key lies in Woody Johnson and what kind of a check he is willing to write for the signing bonus. If he will write a $25-30 million dollar check for the signing bonus, then Revis gets all of that once he signs. Part of the trade off for that is a low base salary in the first year, which I would try to negotiate down to about a million. Then even though he gets a check for $30million, he only gets $1 million in salary this year and would count for $7 million on the cap ($1 million base + $6 million prorated signing bonus). This actually saves you $2 million on the cap (his current hit is projected to be $9 million). Then you can structure the spike year/highest cap hit of the contract for year 2 (2014) and pay him $20 million because you will be freeing up a lot of money by letting Sanchez and Holmes go (over $16 million in cap space).

    So he essentially gets over $50 million physically in his hands in the first 2 years (only about $27 million as far as cap hits) and for that he gives us a backloaded year 6 and or 7 that hit for $20 million as well as another no holdout clause, so that the deal actually resemble a 4-5 year contract worth around $14 million tops.

    Coming off his serious knee injury, I feel something like this makes sense for both parties. Revis can tout himself as king ding-a-ling for his damned penis envy of any defensive player that had a higher per year average because they don't anymore, while the Jets get a renegotiable contract in the 5th or 6th year to ensure Revis's career ends with the Jets after a move to safety.

    Sure if he gets hurt, we'll be screwed for a year or 2, but if you trade him and Cro gets hurt its still the same thing. We are screwed in the secondary. However the upside of Revis versus Cro...well I think we all know that.
    I'm still holding out hope for a trade. If traded and we have to absorb the reported 12M cap hit as a result, who/what could we afford by way of free agency knowing we cut Pace, Scott, Moore, Pouha, Devito, Tebow, Thomas, Keller, Cumberland, Greene, both Smiths, and at the same time re-sign Slauson, Landry, Bell, Howard, Edwards? Would we have enough (or any) left over to afford Alex Smith in a trade and/or a TE such as Jared Cook or Brandon Myers? That's essentially my offseason shopping list along with a few more players (DE Jean-Francois), OLB (Barnes) , ILB (Scott), QB (Moore) for depth purposes.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 02-04-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •