Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Revis for Aldon Smith...haha

I'm very excited for Coples and Wilkerson next year if we can add a real pass rushing OLB
    You mean that same Aldon Smith that disappeared in the playoffs? Hmmm. Has a lot of sacks but I can't see them letting go of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong.
    Now the Zen master says, "We'll see."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    The 49ers are an aggressive team with the ammunition to pull off that kind of trade. They have a bargaining chip in backup QB Alex Smith, who, despite what owner Jed York said the other way, is done in San Francisco. They will try to trade him before April, when his $7.5 million salary becomes guaranteed. If they can't, they'll release him. The Jets surely would consider dealing Revis for Smith and a first-round pick (31st or 32nd) Unless they're willing to go heavy on QB salaries in 2013 -- remember, they're into Mark Sanchez for $8.25 million -- the Jets probably have to restructure Smith's contract.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I'd rather trade with the bengals.. They have tons of cap space.. Decent picks and are a decent team missing a couple play makers or 2
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    I don't give a flying **** if a team has cap room, just give me picks.

vCash
    More of a reason not to trade him maybe... You want to trade Revis and get burnt like that? I don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    More of a reason not to trade him maybe... You want to trade Revis and get burnt like that? I don't.
    But jetsforever, I hold the same philosophy as I believe scopepts said the other day: I'd rather get something for Revis than to get nothing at all. Let's be honest: You are never getting fair value for Darrelle Revis. No one is mortgaging the future for a CB, not in today's NFL.

If the Jets were to get a 1st this year and a 2nd next year, consider it a blessing.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    If it wasn't for Harbaugh Alex Smith wouldn't even exist. He was rattled in SF until he got the right coach. What do you think is gonna happen in NY? Do we have the right coach for him? That west coast offense is gonna need Smith to throw a lot. He's a game manager. Not a gunslinger.

Revis for Alex Smith and a pick or 2???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Now the Zen master says, "We'll see."
    Ahhh, that Zen Maste is so wise.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    But jetsforever, I hold the same philosophy as I believe scopepts said the other day: I'd rather get something for Revis than to get nothing at all. Let's be honest: You are never getting fair value for Darrelle Revis. No one is mortgaging the future for a CB, not in today's NFL.

If the Jets were to get a 1st this year and a 2nd next year, consider it a blessing.
    Agreed, but with the way the passing attack killed teams in the playoffs and destroyed the 49ers Revis's value has gone up in the eyes of contenders. I can see teams giving a first and a second this year and a compensation pick next year.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Agreed, but with the way the passing attack killed teams in the playoffs and destroyed the 49ers Revis's value has gone up in the eyes of contenders. I can see teams giving a first and a second this year and a compensation pick next year.
    you are beyond delusional. no team will give that much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    He got burnt once , I've seen revis burnt before . No biggie , lets stock pile picks . I would not trade for smith though. Not for revis anyway .... Get a legit running back for him like jones drew and a 1st
    NY JETS ,LA LAKERS,NY METS

vCash
    If we trade Revis, we can't get any of these players you guys are talking about unless half the team restructures as shown on nyjetscap.com. We need that 3 million he will cost us in a trade. The smarter decision is to trade Cromartie, especially with how he continues to be a problem with the press. This past week, he publicly ripped the offense, how can you have team unity with a guy like that on the roster?

More than likely the 49ers will release Smith or have to trade him for very little because other teams know $7.5 million of his salary will become guaranteed on the third day of the league year or something like that. It will be a waiting game. If you want to jump in on Smith, which I wouldn't be opposed to it would make more sense to do the following:

Cromartie for Smith and a 2nd or 3rd round pick

Cromartie will save you $8.25 million in cap space, while Smith will cost you $7.5 million, so you save $750,000 in the transaction, pick up a QB better than sanchez, pick up an extra pick, and loose a locker room problem

As far as Revis goes, as I've said before, even if you resign him to a premier player contract of 15-16 million per year, it can be structure in a such a way that his cap hit would be lower than $9 million in 2013 and save us more money on the cap, depending on the proration. Also, you can make the contract average 15-16 million a year, but backload it for his age 34 and 35 seasons, which would be year 6 and 7 of the deal if he sign a 7 year deal. As long as his guaranteed money is paid by those seasons, then the Jets hold leverage in renegotiating his deal because no one is going to pay him $16 million a year when he is 34. At that time, he will probably be moving to Safety because he tackles well, so you are looking at a renegotiation/extension down to about $7-8 million, which would be elite free safety money.

Ultimately, he will never complete the $16 million per year contract before a renegotiation, but he still will be able to say he got that kind of a deal because of what it averages out to when he signed it. Based on how you load up the last 2 years, it will be more like a 12-14 million per year deal over 5 years, which I don't think is that bad for a guy who will be the greatest Jet in history and our first ever first ballot hall of famer.
    Last edited by NYJetsfan69; 02-04-2013 at 02:15 PM.

vCash
    @NYjetsfan69 but Revis is prob gonna want that guaranteed money upfront in the first few years in case something happens to him. I don't see him agreeing to a back-loaded contract but who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steve4x4 View Post
    you are beyond delusional. no team will give that much.
    No team will give that much for a perenial pro bowler in his PRIME, who just happens to be the best CB ever...

I think you sir are delusional, if the Phins can get a 2nd and 6th theres no reason we can get a first and second. Vontae cant even hold revis's jockstrap on his best day. And not to mention there buddy that this will be a bidding war for revis and I know teams that are tasting a Superbowl like Denver and San Fran and even Houston will be in a bidding war for him. Don't see how that out of the realm of possibility, no way we trade revis for a 2nd he goes for a first and more.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast