Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
    hes rotations are not that bad, you just need to wake up and look at who we have ! lowrys not meshing with the offense, put in lucas, lucas cant pass, put innnn........??? ... We have issues hes trying to do all he can with what he has. I dont like that he is playing lowry injured but we dont have a choice. We dont have a solid center and thats also hurting us but you gotta put in what you got. Im not sure where fields was maybe he was hurt/sick but hes huge for us defensively, without him ull see pg/sg just cut right thru our D.

Sidenote

Bargs is pissing me off if he is staying then he should have been playing today, so he can mesh with guys before the 3 day break, we need every able body we can get.

Amir looks like hes in pain as the game progresses, not sure if its his ankles or knees. I would rest him and give acy/val more time.

Demars confidence since Gay got here has increased drastically, maybe thats just me. He looks real good out there.

yea his confidence has shot straight up im guessing gays bene letting him know to attack the rim HAAAARD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jista View Post
    Does anyone else feel that it is about time we fire or demote Casey, I like him as a person and he always says the right things, but when it comes to offense I think he may be the worst coach in the NBA.

Here are a few things that Casey is terrible at in my opinion.

1) Rotations, Casey is way to inconsistent with his rotations and relies way to much on the bench. It seems that he uses the bench for the majority of the second and the third quarter irregardless of well they may be playing. When he had Amir and Lowry coming of the bench this was not the worst thing, but now that those guys are starting he needs to really tighten up his rotations and he hasn't been willing to showcase that.
    2) Does not know how to use properly use timeouts. If you watch some of the best coaches in the NBA (Rick Carlisle whom Casey coached under especially) they know how to use timeouts to stop a run, for example if Dallas is up by 12 against us and we score 4 points in a row, a good coach would call a timeout to break up the momentum that team may have gained, Casey seems to wait until the lead is erased before he calls a timeout.
    3) Offensive plays, 90% of the time the Raptors come down the floor on offense I can call what they are going to do, pass the ball behind the 3 point line for 10-15 seconds then let either Alan Anderson jack up a 3 pointer or let Demar go one one one against whomever is guarding him. Almost no plays are called for our big men (they get most of their points of put backs). We need a lot more variety in the offensive plays that are called especially now that we have a player like Gay that can create space and will consistently draw a double team.
    4) Over reliance on half court offense, this may have been more because it sorted Jose's style but even when this team has the opportunity to play a running game we tend to slow things down and run the same predictable plays.
    5) Forcing refs to call fouls in our favor, I know there is only so much Casey can do when it comes to this, but there is one thing this team never does that all successful teams do (especially those teams with players that like to cut to the basket). What this team needs to start doing, and I am hoping with Lowry in charge of the offense now we will start to is this, how many times this season have we seen Derozen drive to the basket, get hacked and then get no call, He then does what every player should and that is quickly call out the refs on it, BUT the Raptors never, EVER do the next step, which is on the very next play give the ball right back to Demar so he can once again drive to the basket to force the refs to make the call. Instead this team tends to go right back to jacking up three pointers.
    6) This team sucks at inbounding the ball, there has been no improvement on it what so ever, and I have never seen another team have as many turnovers of inbounds or close calls as this team has.
    7) Gives way to much leeway to Alan Anderson and Aaron Gray while having a really short leash with
    8) Closing out close games. I don't think I have to say much more about this.

For these reasons and many others I feel that we need to drop Casey and get a coach with a proven track record and the ability to coach offense. Who should this coach be ? Nate Mcmillan, when Casey first came to Toronto I heard him described as the poor mans Mcmillan, I say its about time we go out and get the real deal, he did amazing things with the team he had in Portland and played a big part in the development of Lamarcus Aldrige and Brandon Roy. Imagine what he could do with Jonas and Ross.

You're on crack buddy!! Casey is a sick defensive coach... Just give him some time and he'll figure it out. He' has great fundamentals on defense and is a great motivator.

And besides, Who u gonna replace him with? Jay Triano? Lol
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    just play Aaron Gray more and everything will work itself out
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    anderson was playing awful today and casey just kept him in, missing most of his shots and getting torched on defense by whoever he was guarding. he kept rudy gay out until 4 minutes left in the 4th, and you could tell he was frustrated.

i like him lately and i don't think he should be fired, but he should really look into better handling that log jam at the 2/3 and maybe get on his players case more for mistakes
    @mvbisecco
    follow me on twitter and i'll follow you
    SMOKE WEED ERR DAY

vCash
    He's working with an unbalanced roster, too many guards not enough post players

vCash
    He should be pumping major minutes aka 36min+ per game to starters like larry brown did
    this is that type of team

vCash
    THANK YOU

P.S. Anyone that says we should hire mike dantoni as any kind of representation to this organization should be stoned to death, not shot, stoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    leadership is more important in a head coach than anything IMO. finding someone who can connect with the guys and command their respect and coax extra effort out of them is far more difficult than finding someone who can draw up a good play. so we've got the hard part. now it's just a matter of filling out the coaching staff with guys who can fill in the gaps where Casey isn't so strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Wasn't Casey given a say when he first signed him who he wanted to bring over for the coaching staff?
    i'm sure he did but perhaps that's the problem. people often want people who think like them by their side. maybe the organization needs to assess where he needs help and just go out and get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    lol

vCash
    I'd like to fire some of you from this forum...can we do that??

But nah, Casey has his problems with rotations and certain player selection (cough cough..Alan Anderson over Terrence Ross...cough cough) but this is how you build a good team. How is it an effective plan to fire a coach every 2 or 3 years and have these players continually adapt to a new coaches philosophy. Casey brings out the best in these guys and gets them to work hard which is fine by me.

Dishing out some love...and droppin dimes

"If I was in the parking lot I'd jack him up"
    - Jack Armstrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayman View Post
    I'd like to fire some of you from this forum...can we do that??

But nah, Casey has his problems with rotations and certain player selection (cough cough..Alan Anderson over Terrence Ross...cough cough) but this is how you build a good team. How is it an effective plan to fire a coach every 2 or 3 years and have these players continually adapt to a new coaches philosophy. Casey brings out the best in these guys and gets them to work hard which is fine by me.
    if they still don't make the playoffs next year, does he get fired then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Hmmm that's hard to answer. Who knows what the opening day roster looks like next year or if we sustain significant injuries to key players throughout the year. It's obvious that Colangelo is trying to set this team up to win now and it seems as though he is finally giving up on the "Pasta Experiment" with Bargs (THANK GOD)...but yes I think you'd have to seriously re-evaluate Casey at the end of the 2013/2014 year if we don't make the playoffs.

But as it stands now, you do not fire Casey this year.
    Last edited by dayman; 02-04-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Addition

Dishing out some love...and droppin dimes

"If I was in the parking lot I'd jack him up"
    - Jack Armstrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayman View Post
    Hmmm that's hard to answer. Who knows what the opening day roster looks like next year or if we sustain significant injuries to key players throughout the year. It's obvious that Colangelo is trying to set this team up to win now and it seems as though he is finally giving up on the "Pasta Experiment" with Bargs (THANK GOD)...but yes I think you'd have to seriously re-evaluate Casey at the end of the 2013/2014 year if we don't make the playoffs.

But as it stands now, you do not fire Casey this year.
    okay, if they get Paul Millsap minus Fields and Bargnani, and they don't make the playoffs, do you fire him?

i highly doubt they won't make the playoffs.
    Last edited by koreancabbage; 02-04-2013 at 09:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lowry is as good as gone with Mitchell on the team.
    Why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Yes. but this roster is a payoff team next season.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast