Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    what about trading bradley, pick(s) and a filler for Al Jefferson??

And then sign AI.

Lol i know it wont happen but

Iverson-Terry-Pierce-Garnett-Jefferson

thats a title contender!! then next year re sign big Al, trade away terry for prospects, and let KG and PP retire as Celtics.
    Iverson? Screw him.

Bradley isn't near enough salary for Jefferson. It would cost more players and picks and Al has to sign an extension.

Seriously Iverson is garbage.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

And then sign AI.

thats a title contender!! then next year re sign big Al, trade away terry for prospects, and let KG and PP retire as Celtics.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

#PrayforStanton
    #PlayPoorForOkafor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Iverson? Screw him.

Bradley isn't near enough salary for Jefferson. It would cost more players and picks and Al has to sign an extension.

Who is your source? Or did u live in Turkey and watched him play? he has a bad attitude, but he was a great player and id bet he still has a good amount left after not playing for a couple years.

vCash

And then sign AI.

I don't even...

Please get some help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    i don't even...

Please get some help.
    x2

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

#PrayforStanton
    #PlayPoorForOkafor

vCash
    Rondo was having a terrible year defensively, continued bogus FT number, continued suck *** shooting outside of 12'. He's a distraction on and off the court. He shows up big time on National TV, but chooses to half *** many mid season games. He's not a leader, and a failure if he's asked to do any more than be the #4 option on offense. Most teams don't even cover him, making the other 4 offensive players job more difficult.

As of his last game he was no better than the #8 PG in the NBA, and more likely #10 or #11.
    I get Rondo has his warts, as you eloquently stated above, but can you really name 10 point guards offhand better than rondo? I sure cant. Also not sure what you will be getting for him down the road coming off major knee reconstruction when Bledsoe has entrenched himself as the starter. 50 cents on the dollar maybe? I have no problem dealing both KG and PP, and for the reasons stated upthread, it does make a degree of sense to deal them together. But trading for another speed/defense undersized guard is a terrible allocation of resources and flipping rondo to plug the roster hole of a actual big is going to be a lot harder than you think. Jordan is not he answer coming back in that trade, hes the same marginally skilled athletic thumper hes always been despite playing with the best PG in the league. That scenario seems far more of an excuse to ditch rondo than the circumstances should dictate.

As a side note, does anyone on this board actually think Bledsoe is a better player than Rondo? How about dramatically better? Because trading for bledose and shipping rondo for pennys gets you no closer to rebuilding IMO. At that point you are basically praying to hit on picks, while keeping rondo, drafting and developing some picks for the next year and a half while he recovers and plugging in whatever young, promising big you could get for bledsoe certainly seems a brighter horizon to me. Simple, buy low on Rondos stock (it might never be lower) and cash in bledsoe for something that the team needs down the road, and likely more of it than you would get for rondo at this point.

vCash
    The only people who have mentioned trading Rondo for pennies are the people who don't want to trade him.

He would still command a significant return, pending his return from injury.

From a business perspective this trade proposal is solid, but it's strange because most of us want to see KG and Pierce remain Celtics for the remainder of their careers.

vCash
    A lot of us like Rondo. But if we're playing the odds game, no player since Magic Johnson has led the league in assists while winning a title. Magic is also the last guy to win Finals MVP while scoring under 20ppg

Basically you need a guy who can pull up for the win. History has shown this, even the Pistons had Chauncy. As long as Rondo, Green, Bradley, etc stay here the odds off finding that guy are incredibly low.

Maybe if Rondo's draft class buddies conspire in free agency and sign here on the cheap we can keep him? Not every team can be so lucky to have nice beaches

vCash
    Rondo was having a terrible year defensively, continued bogus FT number, continued suck *** shooting outside of 12'. He's a distraction on and off the court. He shows up big time on National TV, but chooses to half *** many mid season games. He's not a leader, and a failure if he's asked to do any more than be the #4 option on offense. Most teams don't even cover him, making the other 4 offensive players job more difficult.

As of his last game he was no better than the #8 PG in the NBA, and more likely #10 or #11.
    Say whatever you want, as a Seattle fan I would love to have him. It would be the next step in going all the way

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Who is your source? Or did u live in Turkey and watched him play? he has a bad attitude, but he was a great player and id bet he still has a good amount left after not playing for a couple years.
    He's old and playing in Turkey.....what more needs to be said? He was garbage his last few years in the NBA, why would you think now he would be different?

vCash
    Yeah, Iverson signed a two year deal in Turkey, got hurt and walked away after 9 games. What a stud.

He sucked the last time he was in the NBA.

He's a selfish gunner that can' play a lick of D. He's small, he's clearly slowed down. Heck just last week he refused a gig in the D league because he didn't want to be dissed.

His day is over Jack.

At his age a 7' Center with great skills might have something left all Iverson has is attitude, me-first horse bleep, and a crappy FG% (one of the least efficient players of the past 30 years). Look at his stat sheet, looks like he played all his games before 1980 with those rates.

He's a toxic loser. You want him? Good, have your team waste it's time on that sack of ****.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    i love rondo, but if trading him will make the team better I am all for it. get rid of KG and Pierce, it's basketball, it's business, and these things happen. it's the nature of the beast

He’s as close to Joe as anyone I’ve ever seen.”
    —NFL legend Bill Walsh

"It's a chess match because he understands every coverage, he understands every defense. And if you give it away too early, then the game is like checkers for him. He plays it how he wants to play it. ... And that's what makes it frustrating playing against him. He always finds those mismatches."

Ray Lewis

vCash
    Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
    Im told nothing doing btwn Clips and Celtics re: KG right now. Clips remain open to anything that makes them btr now AND in future.
    Via Twitter

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    opposite for me.
    x2 ^

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Iverson? Screw him.

Iverson is awful..The guy is done. Not an option.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast