Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who had the best line of the night?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wall: 21 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 steal

0 0%
  • Parker: 19 points, 4 rebounds, 12 assists

0 0%
  • Durant: 32 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal

0 0%
  • Ibaka: 18 points, 12 rebounds, 1 steal, 4 blocks

0 0%
  • Irving: 35 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

3 30.00%
  • Speights: 21 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block

0 0%
  • Harden: 21 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

4 40.00%
  • Chandler: 11 points, 20 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal

0 0%
  • Amare: 21 points, 6 rebounds, in 20 minutes

0 0%
  • Karless: 19 points, 14 rebounds, 1 assists, 4 steals, 1 block

0 0%
  • Vucevic; 20 points 12 rebounds 6 assists 2 steals 2 blocks

0 0%
  • Gibson; 19 points, 19 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks

3 30.00%
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Line of the night: Feb. 2nd

The shorthanded Spurs managed a win over the Wizards. The Cavs surprised the Thunder with a win. Kyrie scored a game-high 35 points. James Harden recorded a triple-double as he lead the Rockets past the Bobcats. Utah fell to Portland who saw three players record double-double and Batum come one assist away from a triple-double. The Knicks put on a clinic against the Kings which was surprising since Melo, the Knicks leading scorer, shot a meagre 33% and scored only 9 points, but the Knicks had two players score 20+ points off the bench. The T-Wolves picked up a win over the Hornets. The Bucks beat the Magic. The Suns fell to the Warriors. And the Bulls beat the Hawks as the Bulls got double-doubles from three players.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    dammit i didnt see hardens trip dub

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Kyrie 35 points against the thunder

Harden had a trip dub against the bobcats, not as impressive as mr. 4th quarter

vCash
    Moe Karless!

Nice to see his name (Kinda) on a poll. He was great.

I went with Harden. A lot of really good games though.

vCash
    deng 25 pts, 14 reb, 5 ast, 4 stl, 2 bs

how that didn't make it in I dunno

vCash
    David Lee had 16 pts 12 rbs 7 ast, Steph had 29 pts 2 rbs 8 ast, and Harry had 21 pts 8 rbs 1 ast shooting 82% from the field. How none of these people made it is a mystery to me.

But anyway, Kyrie and Harden.

#wankfortiggins

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    deng 25 pts, 14 reb, 5 ast, 4 stl, 2 bs

how that didn't make it in I dunno
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    David Lee had 16 pts 12 rbs 7 ast, Steph had 29 pts 2 rbs 8 ast, and Harry had 21 pts 8 rbs 1 ast shooting 82% from the field. How none of these people made it is a mystery to me.

But anyway, Kyrie and Harden.
    There are guys who have good games every night that I don't put in. Deng should have been in there, I missed that. Hadn't noticed his defensive stats. As for Lee and Curry though, other guys had them beat. If one guys gets 25 pts, 14 rbs and 5 assists, 1 steal and 1 block, I'm not going to put up a guy who got 21 points, 12 rebs, 3 assists and 1 block. Curry and Lee both played great, but Lee only scored 16 points, while Durant put up 32, literally twice as many as Lee, and almost as many boards and assists, and Curry got 29 points and 8 assists, which is a great night, but again, Durant's line was clearly better, and Durant didn't even have the best line of the night.

Here's how I usually do it. I try to include who ever lead each statistically category: points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks. Then I usually include all the 20/10 games and all the near triple doubles. That said, I should have included Deng, because he lead in steals and had a great all-around game, I simply missed that. That's my bad. But Curry and Lee, though they both had great nights, clearly did not have the best lines of the night, so I didn't see a need to include them. When I start going through the stats, I include the best lines from the first game. As i go on, I see something like a 30pt/15rb game, I generally stop including guys who had 20pts/10rbs unless they have a lot of assists and defensive stats. So a couple guys might get in from the first couple of games that didn't have as good a line as somebody else.

So, if there is somebody you want to place a vote for that isn't up, just leave a comment and I will include it. I generally get all the legit contenders, but i do occasionally miss a guy and cannot edit the poll options. If there is a guy on your team that had a 20/10 game, don't be too disappointed if he didn't make the list, because there are guys who average that, so having the best line of the night usually requires more than what an All-Star averages (unless of course there were only a couple of games that night).
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn