Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    992
    vCash
    1500

    Do we own Clark's Bird Rights?

    Topic. He's a FA coming up and he's obviously made himself a decent pay day with his play. Do we own his bird rights to match any offer?
    Lakers Off-Season Checklist:

    [X] Trade Bynum for D12
    [X] Get a PG(Nash!)
    [X]Re-sign Hill or sign Camby
    [ ]Sign Grant Hill---NOPE
    [X]Sign Jamison
    [X]Sign a Back-up Guard(Barbosa, Mayo, Meeks, etc.)
    [X]Re-sign Devin Ebanks
    [X]Re-sign Darius Morris


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,912
    vCash
    1500
    Yes we do.

    But we have gotten us into a GREAT MESS.


    He is gonna get some Poison pill Offer.

    Something like 9 million a year or 10 Million a year.

    If we match , forget about getting ANYTHING good in 2014, nor any time before 2020.

    So, dont get too attached to him , he will be going somwhere else to be an awufll contract Lin-like.

    Or destory the lakers for half a decade if we keep him.

    Its too late to bring the hype down.

    You can thank Dumtoni for that too.
    ]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Yeppers

    Clark is more than likely gone after this season
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    Yeppers

    Clark is more than likely gone after this season
    Unless he has the decency to either

    A) take a less than 3 million a year contract.
    b) take a NIcE money 1 year deal then reenegotiate in 2014.

    yes, he needs to be gone.


    If we were INTELLIGENT; we should use the hype NOW and package him with say METTA or GASOL to get some Good player/s back.
    ]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Yes we do.

    But we have gotten us into a GREAT MESS.


    He is gonna get some Poison pill Offer.

    Something like 9 million a year or 10 Million a year
    .


    If we match , forget about getting ANYTHING good in 2014, nor any time before 2020.

    So, dont get too attached to him , he will be going somwhere else to be an awufll contract Lin-like.

    Or destory the lakers for half a decade if we keep him.

    Its too late to bring the hype down.

    You can thank Dumtoni for that too.


    Based on his current play there is absolutely ZERO chance he gets that kind of offer...

    You really don't understand the business of the NBA if you think that...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post


    Based on his current play there is absolutely ZERO chance he gets that kind of offer...

    You really don't understand the business of the NBA if you think that...
    Go check Lins or Asiks contract, or the contract Ariza got.

    The LEAST he will get offered is 6 million a year, wich is enough to **** our capspace for 2014 with nash+howard + "home discount" 14 million a year kobe.
    ]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Go check Lins or Asiks contract, or the contract Ariza got.

    The LEAST he will get offered is 6 million a year, wich is enough to **** our capspace for 2014 with nash+howard + "home discount" 14 million a year kobe.
    I knew you would quote those two deals

    you are so clueless it is beyond belief... he isn't as good as either of them nor does he have the upside...

    He is a 3/4 tweener who is having a run similar to many of his ilk.... he is nothing more than a 2 year / $4 million player...

    Again, your belief that he should be lumped with those other two is laughable

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I knew you would quote those two deals

    you are so clueless it is beyond belief... he isn't as good as either of them nor does he have the upside...

    He is a 3/4 tweener who is having a run similar to many of his ilk.... he is nothing more than a 2 year / $4 million player...

    Again, your belief that he should be lumped with those other two is laughable
    he IS a 2 year 4 million TOTAL 2+2 player, for SURE.

    but we are HYPING him too much, and in this league,

    1 teams OVERPAY.
    2 Teams love to TRHOW POISON PILLS because of the STUPID RFA that SHOULD NOT exist.

    so, jsut wait and see.
    ]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I knew you would quote those two deals

    you are so clueless it is beyond belief... he isn't as good as either of them nor does he have the upside...

    He is a 3/4 tweener who is having a run similar to many of his ilk.... he is nothing more than a 2 year / $4 million player...

    Again, your belief that he should be lumped with those other two is laughable
    This might be a stretch, but I have a feeling he will get offers similar to Sessions, (around a 3 year $12 mil deal). I dont think the Lakers will match it.
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    This might be a stretch, but I have a feeling he will get offers similar to Sessions, (around a 3 year $12 mil deal). I dont think the Lakers will match it.
    sessions only got a two year deal...

    clarks deal will be basically the same as hill ... maybe slightly more 2/ $4 or $8 million total...

    this isn't rocket science. The repeat offender portion of the LT begins next year

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    sessions only got a two year deal...

    clarks deal will be basically the same as hill ... maybe slightly more 2/ $4 or $8 million total...

    this isn't rocket science. The repeat offender portion of the LT begins next year
    You dont think someone will lay down a 3 year deal for Clark??? A few tweaks to his game, and he could be a formidable small forward.... Ya he's kind of a dummy, but his youth is pretty valuable commodity, along with his physical attributes...

    I just see a team offering him too much money
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    You dont think someone will lay down a 3 year deal for Clark??? A few tweaks to his game, and he could be a formidable small forward.... Ya he's kind of a dummy, but his youth is pretty valuable commodity, along with his physical attributes...

    I just see a team offering him too much money
    nah... his numbers are basically the same as hill's and he is older

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    nah... his numbers are basically the same as hill's and he is older
    Isnt Clark younger than Hill?
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    Isnt Clark younger than Hill?
    yeah... my bad... by about 6 months

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    oh... same age then....

    IMO he's worth a 3 year 7 mil deal
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •