Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shved > Rubio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    lol @ the Rubio to Rose comparison
    arent both back from the SAME INJURY?

thats the comparison, not their game or whatever.

vCash
    Rubio is coming of a major knee injury, it'll take some time for him to regain form.
    PSN: Celtics1080 | Twitter: @BostonRoundball

vCash
    I love ******** on Rubio as much as anyone, because he is super overrated across the board, but this seems extremely unfair and premature.

vCash
    Fabio<Rubio

Head<Shved

They both lose.

vCash
    Pretty poor comparison right now. I think that the first of next season would be the start of a "fair" comparison. Once Rubio fully comes back from the knee I believe he'll be the much better player. I hated to see him go down, really loved his game. Just love those kind of pure passers, beautiful thing to watch on the court.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    Rubio's scoring ability is next to none right now. Shved has been better this year IMO, but Rubio's upside is far higher. Factoring in defense too and it further skews towards Ricky big time. Him returning from a major injury isn't something to ignore either.

But I'm starting to wonder when we start worrying about Rubio's scoring. He's like a far worse version of Rondo in terms of scoring ability, and even Rondo can be a liability out there because of that. I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, and he's slowly improving...but yeah. He's gotta work on that.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    really, making comparisons to a dude that is a month removed from one of the worst injuries you can get playing basket?

Whats next? nate robinson > rose when he fails to regain his real shape for some months?

Good analogy

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchuckdoubles View Post
    i dont know about no star potential for shved. Is it too much to think that shved could have a career similar to ginobli's?
    Manu was a star

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    I dunno if shved is better but Rubio does not impress, at least not for the hype amount of talk we have to hear about him.

vCash
    i dont know about no star potential for shved. Is it too much to think that shved could have a career similar to ginobli's?
    Seriously?

Dude has played 40 games, and in those games, really can't shoot straight, and can't defend. Ginobili is criminally underrated IMO. If he didn't play in the system he did, the total team-first mentality there, he had the skill, talent, mentality, and style to have been a star in this league. Even as it stands now, being a 6th man, he almost was that for a while.

So I'd say no, he won't have a career similar to Manu..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    I dunno if shved is better but Rubio does not impress, at least not for the hype amount of talk we have to hear about him.
    I think he shows flashes where we see where the hype came from. But I'd agree, he is spoken about like the second coming, and in that regard, he leaves most wanting...

vCash
    No, I don't.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Rubio's scoring ability is next to none right now. Shved has been better this year IMO, but Rubio's upside is far higher. Factoring in defense too and it further skews towards Ricky big time. Him returning from a major injury isn't something to ignore either.

But I'm starting to wonder when we start worrying about Rubio's scoring. He's like a far worse version of Rondo in terms of scoring ability, and even Rondo can be a liability out there because of that. I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, and he's slowly improving...but yeah. He's gotta work on that.
    In Rubio's defense, he has looked much better in the scoring column recently (last 4 games, 15-32, 10.25 ppg), his knee seems to be coming around. But it is FOR SURE something I have brought up in the Wolves board. His ceiling is flat out limited to good starter if he doesn't at least become reasonable in the scoring facet of the game. The good news is he shown the ability to draw fouls, and is a fairly good FT shooter. All he needs to do is improve his at the rim finishing ability, and he is fine. Easier said than done.

His defense and passing are going to be elite. But he must learn how to score the ball, even at a below average rate if he wants to become a star.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 02-03-2013 at 03:27 PM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Do you even watch him play, outside the 2 times a year the Knicks play him? His hype comes from him making passes no other guard would even try.

vCash
    Give Rubio some time...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast