Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shved > Rubio

vCash
    Haha, i see Shved as more of a Sg who can distribute as well, so the comparison isnt really there...

Rubio has star potential, Shved has a ounce of it. Rubio just came off of knee injury.

Rubio is better, but i am glad to have Shved on my team too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Haha, i see Shved as more of a Sg who can distribute as well, so the comparison isnt really there...

Rubio has star potential, Shved has a ounce of it. Rubio just came off of knee injury.

Rubio is better, but i am glad to have Shved on my team too.
    Pretty much. I do see Shved as the leader of the 2nd unit, where he can control the ball a ton and be a playmaker. Kind of a Manu role, without being Manu.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    shved is an infinitely better shooter, he's a bit more athletic, and he's two inches taller. But there end the attributes that sway in Shved's favor.

Rubio is a transcendent, Nash-like ballhandler. He is the type of rare talent that you can just give the ball to and say, "Here, go get your teammates some easy hoops". He hasn't drawn Marovich/Nash comparisons for no reason. He has worked on his shooting, but he still looks like he's pushing it rather than generating a more natural release by exaggerating the wrist flick. I expect it to get better. In addition to his pure PG talent, he is known world wide already and is a great marketing ploy. He is the type of guy that can attract other stars to come play with him. The injury he's coming off of is pretty serious, so give him a while to get back to where he was.

If Rubio is a 7.5 or 8 out of 10, Shved is a 6.5 or 7.

vCash
    I think both players have star potential. But one is all star potential, one is super star potential.

Shved is one of the best true combo guards in the league because he is the true definition of the word. I love when people see a small shooting guard and call him a combo guard. Alexey Shved can actually play both positions the way theyre supposed to be played. He is a great scorer, and hes actually also a great passer. Unfortunately, with JJ Barea holding the ball for most of the time Shved is on the floor, we havent had the opportunity to see that.

Rubio, Rubio, Rubio. Although he truly defines what it means to impact a team with more than stats, have his stats really been that bad lately? Hes been playing bench player minutes to start with, and for a player coming off injury, hes been impressive lately. Yesterday he had 9 points & 7 assists in less than 2 quarters minutes worth of a game.

What separates Rubio and Shved. Shved is a very good scorer. Hes a very good passer. But Rubio, could quite possibly end up being the greatest passer in the history of the game. I'm aware of the likes of Cousy, Magic, Kidd, Nash, etc. but I've said this since I saw him as a 15 year old kid in Spain, that Ricky Rubio will end up as the greatest to ever pass a basketball. There is ZERO deficiency in his passing game.

On top of that, Rubio is a phenomenal defender and one of the best ball stealers in the game.

As for Rubio's scoring, he has shown as of late that you do in fact have to respect his ability to drive to the basket. Hes had good shooting percentages the last few games. Hes never going to explode for 40, but he doesnt need to. Luckily, there are 4 other teammates on the floor, and noone does a better job at setting them up.

vCash
    Shved is awesome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Do you even watch him play, outside the 2 times a year the Knicks play him? His hype comes from him making passes no other guard would even try.
    Yes I've watched, a few highlight passes doesn't make a star, especially when the rest of his offense is far below average. I see no development in him from last year to this year either. Yes I know he's coming off an injury, but he's been lackluster IMO.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    the knock on rubio is that he thinks of passing the ball when shooting it

when he gets over that he'll be a superstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Yes I've watched, a few highlight passes doesn't make a star, especially when the rest of his offense is far below average. I see no development in him from last year to this year either. Yes I know he's coming off an injury, but he's been lackluster IMO.
    His last 4 games, he has his burst back, is scoring at the rim, and is playing his normal in your face and head defense. It takes time. He had no lift, and was just slow the first month.

His scoring will continue to be a problem until he at least learns how to finish. But his passing, playmaking, and defense are on the path to elite. Hell, he might be the best natural passer I have seen in two decades.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I really like Shved. Rubio is meant to lead a team. Shved is probably better off leading the 2nd unit.

vCash
    I was wondering when this topic was going to come up after seeing the last couple of box scores. Both are gamers who look to make an impact and amp it up in the 4th quarter. It's hard to say right now what Shved will be.

As far as Rubio, the New Orleans game was a great example of the player he is for these reasons:

1. Taking charges - he had at least 2
    2. Defense - he knows when to cheat off of his man and makes the inbound a dangerous play
    3. Desire to take criticism and get better - Rubio is now looking to score at the rim knowing that he is seen as a pure passer
    4. Vision - it's not about the passes between the legs, it's about seeing plays develop and putting the ball where the player is going to be open
    5. Team-first mentality - Rubio wants to play and it hurts him not to but he doesn't then force things in the minutes he does play and he always cheers and supports the players out on the floor.

It's not fair to say anything about Rubio this year when he didn't have a summer to work on his game and is still making his way back only 2 months in (with setbacks early in his return to the court).

vCash
    Crooner compared Nate and Rose not Rubio and Rose.

vCash
    too early to judge.

- it takes a while to get your groove after an injury.

- injuries make the transition even harder since you seem to get new players every time someone is hurt.

- another thing is rubio's strength is really passing. if you were playing, would you prefer passing to scorers like kevin love, brandon roy, etc? do you expect him to excel when all you can pass to are below average scorers.

- rubio is very young so he hasn't figured out his game except for his assists.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123