Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

not enough respect

i feel like the braves don't get enough respect, i think the braves are much better than last year and could possibly be the best team in mlb, i see 100 wins, maybe that's just me, i allso feel like the upton brothers should get more respect too, plus the starting rotaion what do you guys think?

vCash
    we lost chipper and BJ Upton isn't as good as Michael Bourn.

vCash
    A big if, but IF Mac and the staff are healthy/consistent, they should be able to go toe-to-toe with anyone in the NL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    chipper jones wasn't as good as you think go look at his stats, i love the guys but he hasnt been him the past couple years, so you can forget that, and is bourn really that much better? bj an bourn are different styles, bourn will be more productive then bourn, theres a reason why he isnt signed yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    chipper jones wasn't as good as you think go look at his stats, i love the guys but he hasnt been him the past couple years, so you can forget that, and is bourn really that much better? bj an bourn are different styles, bourn will be more productive then bourn, theres a reason why he isnt signed yet
    I'm sorry? Chipper has been a .350 wOBA third baseman for the past 4 years.. there aren't many of those around.

vCash
    i don't want respect that we don't earn. we haven't played a single game with the 'new and improved' line-up. all the teams i follow are out of the limelight until they do well, and that's how it should be. media-whore teams like yankees and heat and patriots get respect even when they suck and make bad decisions, they can do no wrong, and i don't want that at all. i'm fine going under the radar and surprising everyone, but i don't think respect unearned is worth anything.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 02-03-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Why the heck should anyone care about respect?
    It's baseball, have fun win games the end

vCash
    Just imagine if Uggla and/or Mac return to prime form, this lineup could be terrifying

vCash
    We certainly arent the best team in our own division, let alone in baseball. Just because you sign talent doesnt mean it will translate to on field success. Ask the Angels about that. On paper, sure we're very talented and have tons of potential but until those players perform at a high level and get the Braves back to winning consecutive division crowns, we havent earned any respect.

vCash
    Not really worried about the lineup. The pitching staff is what has me worried. There's a ton of potential, but there are also jus as many "what ifs". Hudson is getting older, none of us know if Medlen can create the magic he had last year.

vCash
    Chipper's bat will be missed, i know that when we signed Upton, Bourn was asking for a 5 year deal and Upton being younger was what make him a better investment, but now Bourn will probably have to settle for a 2 or 3 year deal. In November there was no way Frank Wren would have known the market for Bourn would be like this but in your opinion would the Braves be a better team if they would have wait a let Upton pass and sign Bourn now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Chipper's bat will be missed, i know that when we signed Upton, Bourn was asking for a 5 year deal and Upton being younger was what make him a better investment, but now Bourn will probably have to settle for a 2 or 3 year deal. In November there was no way Frank Wren would have known the market for Bourn would be like this but in your opinion would the Braves be a better team if they would have wait a let Upton pass and sign Bourn now?
    Probably, yeah.

We'll have to see how the whole "brother effect" for the Uptons works out, though.

vCash
    Probably, yeah.

We'll have to see how the whole "brother effect" for the Uptons works out, though.
    Yeah, i thought i was the only one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    i feel like the braves don't get enough respect, i think the braves are much better than last year and could possibly be the best team in mlb, i see 100 wins, maybe that's just me, i allso feel like the upton brothers should get more respect too, plus the starting rotaion what do you guys think?
    You don't get respect.. you earn it.. Without having played a single inning.. without watching a single inning being thrown by the newly configured rotation, etc.. you get to wait and see what you really have..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    You don't get respect.. you earn it.. Without having played a single inning.. without watching a single inning being thrown by the newly configured rotation, etc.. you get to wait and see what you really have..
    and 94 wins isn't enough?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast