Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Pau's Lakers win????

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • LA Lakers

12 92.31%
  • Detroit (Not So Bad Boys) Pistons

1 7.69%
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Those things do not determine how strong of a defensive player someone is. Moreover, there is no reliable statistical measure out there at the moment which gives a strong indicator of good individual defensive play. I stand by the statement that this is probably the best defense nash has played his entire career.
    so you are saying that two statistical measurement used by the entire league and applied to your argument over a 15 year period are not valid...

solid

vCash
    Dantoni about Dwight:

"He has to learn to get the ball under his chin and not take it down," D'Antoni said. "He has a habit of taking it down [by his waist]. That's when they're loading up on him and they don't care about him shooting foul shots, so they just unload on him. That's a problem, but hopefully he can get that out of his game and not bring it down as much."
    The first smart thing he has said this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGLakers View Post
    as they say hindsight is 20/20...we would have done things quite differently otherwise. Majority of this forum was jumping up and down when we got Nash and Dwight in offseason.

So please lets not patronize everybody and act like "I told you this was going to happen."
    see there in lies the problem... none of this is 20/20 hindsight... I didn't specifically criticize the moves as much as Duane but what i did say is that neither move was enough and that MUCH MUCH more needed to occur for this team to be a contender...

that is a fact and easily sourced with the SEARCH FUNCTION

so you might want to direct your comments to those that were sucking mitch and Jimbaco off...

don't include me in that group

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Dantoni about Dwight:

but everyone else has been saying that, not an ounce of insight coming from him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    I wasnt happy, and I'll even say "I told you."...... Go back and look at my post when both the Nash and Howard acquisitions went down...... I complained big time

I'll admit I was wrong about the Dwight acquisition, but if I had known the FO be so dumb to hire a sad sack like D'antoni, we would have been better off going a different direction...... But who would have known our FO was that stupid
    Why because PJ would have been so awesome at taking care of our roster? I guess its easy to forget how we got swept in playoffs while he was coaching us! Oh wait...we have Dwight and Nash now...hence PJ is God and will def help us win championships. Thats probably because Dwight's offensive is so amazing right? C'mon lets be realistic here...

we might have been bit better here and there with PJ, but I doubt that anyone would have called us championship team.

With the injuries that we have had...i really doubt that PJ would have done that much better with our roster. Again...we would probably be bit better off...but nowhere close to where we were supposed to be at the start of the summer camp.

If we had hired PJ and be 6th - 7th in the league right now...all the vet posters here would be claiming how Buss family is stupid to always go back and hire PJ when things dont work out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGLakers View Post

If we had hired PJ and be 6th - 7th in the league right now...all the vet posters here would be claiming how Buss family is stupid to always go back and hire PJ when things dont work out.
    again, stop lumping all of us in the same boat

vCash
    Dantoni about Dwight:

i guess captain obvious as a coach is better than captain dumbass
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    but everyone else has been saying that, not an ounce of insight coming from him
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    i guess captain obvious as a coach is better than captain dumbass
    Hey at least he has noticed something obvious, cause there are some others he has not.

vCash
    Hey at least he has noticed something obvious, cause there are some others he has not.
    well you gotta hand it to him. he's an offensive genius

vCash
    My mistake. I thought there would be some positive comments in here after we've just won 5 of 6 (giving one away late against the Suns). I should have known that there would be nothing but crying and complaining.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    Just finished watching the game... that... was... ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitemamba33 View Post
    My mistake. I thought there would be some positive comments in here after we've just won 5 of 6 (giving one away late against the Suns). I should have known that there would be nothing but crying and complaining.
    yep... we beat 2 playoff teams at home and 3 teams in the lottery... woo hoo

lets get that parade down figueroa scheduled

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    yep... we beat 2 playoff teams at home and 3 teams in the lottery... woo hoo

lets get that parade down figueroa scheduled
    i agree. because if we celebrate mediocrity, we will indeed be much more content with this team

woot 5k posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitemamba33 View Post
    Yes, that was your mistake. I knew it would be like that. Maybe if the team goes on a 10 game win streak we will see some positive comments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    revisionist historian at work... he must have been superman guarding all those guys on Minnesota... and of course you don't include Barea

Your amateurish approach to statistics is laughable
    Wow. Lol. Its not statistics hateful one. A few hapless souls on here are trying to place blame on Nash's D like its been some kind of problem lately...when in fact guards and pgs have not been having big games recently at all.

And obviously I was saying Nash guarded each of those a little...as opposed to any one of them. While in the other games he guarded mainly one player. In the minny game he guarded 3 players kind of equally. He didn't guard Barea in the game.

Classic attack the person instead of the argument. Weak.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast