Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,190
    vCash
    1500

    Kendall Marshall wants an all Raptors dunk contest

    Kendall MarshallVerified ‏@KButter5

    #LetRossDunk #LetDerozanDunk #LetRudyDunk #JustLetRaptorsDunk Dunk contest would be wild.


    SWAGUEZ!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    15,947
    vCash
    1500
    #makekendallcommish

    And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,629
    vCash
    4500
    Hahaha that's siiiick!
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,354
    vCash
    1500
    Another sign of the "Rudy Effect" working its magic in Toronto. Whether or not you think he is a star player, everyone around the league seems to think he is, and suddenly Toronto is getting some attention.

    I'm seeing so many Raptors highlights on NBA.com now, and NBATV and ESPN analysts are calling the Raptors the most athletic team in the Eastern Conference. Shaq called himself "the black Bryan Colangelo" in preparation for his GM role in the Rising Stars challenge. And now Kendall Marshall saying this.

    Looks like Rudy Gay was that final piece in bringing respectability back to the Raptors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    694
    vCash
    1500
    Them and acy would be nice, amir has some serious creativity too
    @mvbisecco
    follow me on twitter and i'll follow you
    SMOKE WEED ERR DAY

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,007
    vCash
    0
    Too bad Derozan said he would never do one. He should've won when he did it the 2nd time. Hell, he should've won the first time but he was going up against fan favourite Nate.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    109
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    Shaq called himself "the black Bryan Colangelo" in preparation for his GM role in the Rising Stars challenge.
    did he really?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,354
    vCash
    1500
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    Another sign of the "Rudy Effect" working its magic in Toronto. Whether or not you think he is a star player, everyone around the league seems to think he is, and suddenly Toronto is getting some attention.

    I'm seeing so many Raptors highlights on NBA.com now, and NBATV and ESPN analysts are calling the Raptors the most athletic team in the Eastern Conference. Shaq called himself "the black Bryan Colangelo" in preparation for his GM role in the Rising Stars challenge. And now Kendall Marshall saying this.

    Looks like Rudy Gay was that final piece in bringing respectability back to the Raptors.


    It's fun and all but it's a dunk contest, probably the goofiest thing about the ASG. It's a damn shame that VC taught Raptors fans to equate dunking with respectability.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    toronto....REX
    Posts
    4,977
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post


    It's fun and all but it's a dunk contest, probably the goofiest thing about the ASG. It's a damn shame that VC taught Raptors fans to equate dunking with respectability.
    He was referring to the attention we are getting around the league since we got Rudy. There a lot of buzz around the team.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    He was referring to the attention we are getting around the league since we got Rudy. There a lot of buzz around the team.
    I read the four things he listed. Lots of fun, but respectability? Come on man, we're not fanboys. Great to enjoy the dunks but we want more than that don't we? i want a team that can win against any opponent.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,629
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I read the four things he listed. Lots of fun, but respectability? Come on man, we're not fanboys. Great to enjoy the dunks but we want more than that don't we? i want a team that can win against any opponent.
    We had the leagues curiosity with that trade, but now we have their attention. There will be ups and downs for the rest of the season if I had to make a guess. That was a big coming out party against the Clippers and I'm sure everybody has seen those highlights now and will be ready to play against us.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    Another sign of the "Rudy Effect" working its magic in Toronto. Whether or not you think he is a star player, everyone around the league seems to think he is, and suddenly Toronto is getting some attention.

    I'm seeing so many Raptors highlights on NBA.com now, and NBATV and ESPN analysts are calling the Raptors the most athletic team in the Eastern Conference. Shaq called himself "the black Bryan Colangelo" in preparation for his GM role in the Rising Stars challenge. And now Kendall Marshall saying this.

    Looks like Rudy Gay was that final piece in bringing respectability back to the Raptors.
    Who gives a **** about respectability? I want a team that competes for the championship and Rudy Gay isn't going to do that for the Raps. As long as Bryan Colangelo is running the team the best we'll get is a 7th seed and a first round exit.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,629
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana235 View Post
    Who gives a **** about respectability? I want a team that competes for the championship and Rudy Gay isn't going to do that for the Raps. As long as Bryan Colangelo is running the team the best we'll get is a 7th seed and a first round exit.
    Our wing rotation of Derozan/Gay/Ross is probably the most talented we've ever had since T-Mac/Vince and IMO has as much potential.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,715
    vCash
    2633
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I read the four things he listed. Lots of fun, but respectability? Come on man, we're not fanboys. Great to enjoy the dunks but we want more than that don't we? i want a team that can win against any opponent.
    The answer is obvious.

    But, it is a chain reaction. If a Raptor wins the dunk contest, then automatically more highlights of the team get shown on US television. If we can play well for the rest of the year while getting on those highlight reels, the respect will come. But you still have to play well once they start giving you the spotlight again. It's nice that the first two games after the trade were the Clips and Heat, that automatically gets you on the highlights on ESPN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •