Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    The Raiders never get rid of the injured or unavailable football players, they house them forever. Ford would have been run if he were a Patriot, they like football players not male cheerleaders.

You can`t change for the better when the names are always the same, now we`ll see if there`s any brains up in that sky box.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    I can see them keeping or cutting him. He's like DMC, in that he's explosive when he plays. When has he played last? 2012 was a shut down, and 2011, he was hurt more than he played. Non-commital either way. No one is worth even $500,000 a year walking around on crutches/boot.

vCash
    It's all about value in Oakland, as it should be.

Part time players with full time checks? Thanks for your service Mr. Ford, now can I call you a cab to the airport?
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    an awful lot to pay for an injured kr, with most kickoffs going out of end zones. Trade him for a draft pick, along with dmac, mcclain. Sure both dmac and ford are good when healthy and used right...both are big ifs.

vCash
    Firm..I cant believe I agree with you

vCash
    ya thats way to much money for Ford who is just a KR. When was his last reception? I am tired of these glass players like him, DMC. We can keep him around forever like we did Chaz Schilens because he is "talented". However at the end of the day he does nothing but eat cap space for the Oakland Raiders.

My big concerns this off season focus around building a solid defense and cutting as many bad contracts as possible. Next would be to upgrade our offensive line on the right side. I could care less about a single receiver on our team because they are all okay at best. If the only consistency of players is to get injured consistently they need to find a new place to play. There are a lot of solid roll players you can get to play 14 + games for you for around 1.25 million dollars per

vCash
    chaz schielens was mentioned..he actually played decent for jets..and seemed to stay healthy....hmm

vCash
    I remember when he was the talked about as the next Steve Smith. Lets see how he looks in OTA's after that injury and go from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    chaz schielens was mentioned..he actually played decent for jets..and seemed to stay healthy....hmm
    I know that there might not be a rational explanation to the end of injuries when a player goes to another team but we only need be concerned with guys that can be available to play for us....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    I don't see what incentives in Ford contract gives him that much more money lol

I guess for still being on the team or something
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    You know, it really pisses me off some of the remarks I read on here. What happened to loyalty, not only a commitment to excellence, but a commitment to our players. We're Raiders from players to fans. We're born with silver and black blood. He's a smaller player playing amongst bigger men. Your a damn fool if you think he doesn't get after it. He fights for the ball on every play, and puts his neck on the line with every snap. For those of you who forget who Jacoby Ford is, and what he brings to the team. Watch, just watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNAZNW6J-u4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhom97s3T9Y

Sparano was dumbfounded and the defenders left in the dust. Ford looks like he's on fast forward while the rest of the NFL is in rewind. I'd say a coach would rather have Jacoby on his team than gameplan against him. He's multi-dimensional, while some of you are dilusional. Injuries are part of the game, if they weren't we'd release every injured player. Sorry fellas, the game doesn't work that way, and some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. LOYALTY! Jacoby is still so young and offers so much. His salary is the least of the Raiders current worries. Keeper! I can't wait to get Ford back! Go Raiders!
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 02-03-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    Firm..I cant believe I agree with you

Dave you always agree with me, you`re just coming to terms with this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The Raiders never get rid of the injured or unavailable football players, they house them forever. Ford would have been run if he were a Patriot, they like football players not male cheerleaders.

You can`t change for the better when the names are always the same, now we`ll see if there`s any brains up in that sky box.
    Are you kidding me? I know better, but your making yourself look like a Patriots fan Shred. You can't win without some form of continuity and constant change. Their needs to be a "Belief" in the locker room - regardless if thats a belief in a system or a belief in teammates. Oakland's biggest trouble over the years has been a lack of an identity and failure to establish continuity from all levels. Get real.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Are you kidding me? I know better, but your making yourself look like a Patriots fan Shred. You can't win without some form of continuity and constant change. Their needs to be a "Belief" in the locker room - regardless if thats a belief in a system or a belief in teammates. Oakland's biggest trouble over the years has been a lack of an identity and failure to establish continuity from all levels. Get real.
    The Raider receivers can`t stay on the field including Mr. Ford, I don`t see any continuity when the players are in street clothes for weeks at a time. Ford will be lost by week 4 for the rest of the season, how does this help the Oakland Raiders?

Ford is explosive however he`s also explosive at hurting himself, you don`t last long in the NFL with soft ankles. Ford goes up for the pass.....nice catch.....season over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The Raider receivers can`t stay on the field including Mr. Ford, I don`t see any continuity when the players are in street clothes for weeks at a time. Ford will be lost by week 4 for the rest of the season, how does this help the Oakland Raiders?

Ford is explosive however he`s also explosive at hurting himself, you don`t last long in the NFL with soft ankles. Ford goes up for the pass.....nice catch.....season over.
    There-in-lies a belief is the system. A belief in one another. If Ford goes down, he still plays a role on the team. The role of a mentor, the role of a teammate,the role of a believer, the role of a positional coach. Oaklands coaches want football players, I firmly believe Jacoby wants to play. When/if he can't- he is more than willing to play a "Whatever-means-neccessary" role. The kid was missed last season. Severly. His on the field presence is appreciated, his off the field presence and role of teammate under-appreciated. Ford, for the price, is a must have. Compare his salary to Devin Hesters.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-be...hicago/Hester:

Jacoby Ford: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=837...salary-in-2013

Ford is worth every single penny bro!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast