Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I had heard that Apple where really the only ones pushing this and then the service providers jumped in and wanted it among all phones.

Technically when you sign up for a two year agreement they still own the phone. That 400-600 dollar discount is just spread out throughout the two year deal.
    Where exactly did you hear that? Because that sounds like something that someone (who doesn't like Apple) just spouted off.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...e-illegal.html

" It’s a rite of passage to techies the world over: unlocking, or “jailbreaking,” a cell phone to make it usable on networks other than the one to which it was initially attached. But after Saturday, such an act—which can, for instance, make a Verizon iPhone compatible with the T-Mobile network—may be illegal. In October, the Library of Congress invalidated a copyright exemption for unlocking cell phones, but that exemption expires Saturday, leaving the door open to repercussions for such actions. Beginning today, consumers may receive warnings from carriers if they are found unlocking their device. For tech geeks, the word “jailbreak” just got a little more sinister"

It is also impossible to use a Verizon(or Sprint) phone on a tmobile network. You can use an ATT phone on tmobile as long as its unlocked. Also unlocking and jailbreak a phone is not the same thing. If you just bought an iphone 5 or galaxy s3 I doubt you cell phone company would allow you to unlock the phone.

Too many what Ifs

vCash
    i thought it was always illegal
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    next thing you know, it would be illegal for you to fix up your car

"Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

vCash
    Just restore it before you take it in to the store and your problem will be solved.

Really a pretty simple fix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    i used to have an ipod that was jailbreaked, my spanish high school teacher jailbreaked it for me lol.

the good old days.
    Seems pretty obvious it wasn't your English teacher.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Anyway, yeah, jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things.

My GSIII is rooted (the Android version of jailbreaking), which means I can flash custom ROMs and apps onto it and apply various tweaks to the OS itself, to the display, the sound, etc. But it's still locked into the Verizon network, and it would be a pretty different process to change that. I haven't even really seen developers that are working on that, since you can just buy a GSIII unlocked if that's what you want.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12