Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37,675
    vCash
    1000

    Top players per position for 2013

    Make a top 10 list per position and top 3 prospects per position

    And well merge it all together in one thread for everyone


    C
    1. Posey
    2. Molina
    3. Mauer
    4. Montero
    5. Ruiz
    6. Wieters
    7. Perez
    8. Santana
    9. Pierz
    10. Luccroy

    1. D'Arnaud
    2. Zuninio
    3. Sanchez

    1B
    1. Votto
    2. Pujols
    3. Fielder
    4. A-Gone
    5. Tex
    6. E5
    7. Craig
    8. Rizzo
    9. Goldie
    10. LaRoche

    1. Cron
    2. Yelich
    3. Adams

    2B
    1. Cano
    2. Zobrist
    3. Pedroia
    4. Hill
    5. Phillips
    6. Kinsler
    7. Utley
    8. Espinoza
    9. Kipnis
    10. Altuve

    1. Wong
    2. Shoop
    3. Gennett

    3B
    1. Cabrera
    2. Longoria
    3. Wright
    4. Beltre
    5. Zimmerman
    6. Headley
    7. Sandoval
    8. A-Ram
    9. Prado
    10. Lawrie

    1. Olt
    2. Castellanos
    3. Rendon

    SS
    1. Tulo
    2. Desmond
    3. Reyes
    4. Andrus
    5. Rollins
    6. Castro
    7. Jeter
    8. Cabrera
    9. Hardy
    10. Hanley

    1. Profar
    2. Bogarets
    3. Lindor

    LF
    1. Braun
    2. Holliday
    3. Hamilton
    4. Gordon
    5. Cespedes
    6. Cargo
    7. Willingham
    8. Upton
    9. Soriano
    10. Ludwick

    CF
    1. Trout
    2. Kemp
    3. Cutch
    4. Harper
    5. Jackson
    6. Jones
    7. Bourn
    8. Pagan
    9. Jay
    10. Jennings

    RF
    1. Stanton
    2. Heyward
    3. Bautista
    4. Beltran
    5. Swisher
    6. Reddick
    7. Hunter
    8. Rios
    9. Choo
    10. Upton

    Top 9 outfield prospects

    1. Taveras
    2. Myers
    3. Hamilton
    4. Starling
    5. Brown
    6. Buxton
    7. Soler
    8. Williams
    9. Choice

    Top 30 pitchers

    1. Verlander
    2. Kershaw
    3. Lee
    4. Halladay
    5. Hamels
    6. Hernandez
    7. Weaver
    8. Sabathia
    9. Price
    10. Sale
    11. Wainwright
    12. Cueto
    13. Dickey
    14. Cain
    15. Zimmerman
    16. Starsburg
    17. Shields
    18. Greinke
    19. Johnson
    20. Scherzer
    21. Harrison
    22. Bumgarner
    23. Hellickson
    24. Latos
    25. Fister
    26. Gio
    27. Kennedy
    28. Darvish
    29. Peavy
    30. Parker

    Top 10 prospects
    1. Bundy
    2. Fernandez
    3. Miller
    4. Wheeler
    5. Cole
    6. Bauer
    7. Walker
    8. Taillon
    9. Martinez
    10. Bradley

    Top three closers
    1. Kimbrel
    2. Rivera
    3. Johnson


    This is only a preliminary list as I am in a bit of a hurry, and it's likely to get edited, so don't get too pissy with the ranks specifically just yet.
    So I am not standing behind this list, I just sort of threw it together very quickly and didn't put a ton of thought into it yet.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 02-04-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Made some edits

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,118
    vCash
    1500
    C
    1. Posey
    2. Molina
    3. Mauer
    4. Ruiz
    5. Wieters
    6. Perez
    7. Montero
    8. Rosario
    9. Lucroy
    10. Santana

    1. D'Arnaud
    2. Zuninio
    3. Sanchez

    1B
    1. Votto
    2. Pujols
    3. Fielder
    4. A-Gon
    5. Craig
    6. E5
    7. Tex
    8. Morales
    9. Goldschmidt
    10. Rizzo

    1. Cron
    2. Yelich
    3. Singleton

    2B
    1. Cano
    2. Zobrist
    3. Pedroia
    4. Phillips
    5. kinsler
    6. Hill
    7. Altuve
    8. Kipnis
    9. Ackley
    10. Weeks

    1. Wong
    2. Shoop
    3. Franklin

    3B
    1. Cabrera
    2. Wright
    3. Longo
    4. Beltre
    5. Zimmerman
    6. Headley
    7. Prado
    8. Lawrie
    9. Freese
    10. Ramirez

    1. Olt
    2. Castellanos
    3. Rendon

    SS
    1. Tulo
    2. Desmond
    3. Reyes
    4. Andrus
    5. Castro
    6. Cabrera
    7. Jeter
    8. Hardy
    9. Rollins
    10. Hanley

    1. Profar
    2. Bogarets
    3. Lindor

    LF
    1. Braun
    2. Gordon
    3. Hamilton
    4. Holliday
    5. Cargo
    6. Cespedes
    7. Willingham
    8. Jennings
    9. Ludwick
    10. Morse

    CF
    1. Trout
    2. Kemp
    3. Cutch
    4. Harper
    5. Jackson
    6. Jones
    7. Jay
    8. Pagan
    9. Bourn
    10. Span

    RF
    1. Heyward
    2. Stanton
    3. Bautista
    4. Swisher
    5. Beltran
    6. Reddick
    7. Upton
    8. Bruce
    9. Rios
    10. Markakis

    Top 9 outfield prospects

    1. Taveras
    2. Myers
    3. Hamilton
    4. Starling
    5. Brown
    6. Buxton
    7. Soler
    8. Williams
    9. Bradley

    Top 30 pitchers

    1. Verlander
    2. Kershaw
    3. Lee
    4. Hernandez
    5. Hamels
    6. Halladay
    7. Price
    8. Sabathia
    9. Sale
    10. Weaver
    11. Wainwright
    12. Cueto
    13. Dickey
    14. Cain
    15. Zimmerman
    16. Starsburg
    17. Shields
    18. Greinke
    19. Johnson
    20. Scherzer
    21. Harrison
    22. Bumgarner
    23. Hellickson
    24. Latos
    25. Fister
    26. Gio
    27. Kennedy
    28. Darvish
    29. Peavy
    30. Parker

    Top 10 prospects
    1. Bundy
    2. Walker
    3. Miller
    4. Wheeler
    5. Cole
    6. Bauer
    7. Fernandez
    8. Taillon
    9. Hultzen
    10. Bradley

    Top three closers
    1. Kimbrel
    2. Johnson
    3. Rivera
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    vCash
    1500
    You're both wrong: Stanton >> Heyward. Stanton has been coasting for the last 2 seasons.
    through 08/25/2014...

    2014 Giancarlo Stanton

    130/130 G
    .299/83/33/97/10 | .412 wOBA | 165 wRC+ | 5.61 WPA | 5.7 fWAR | 6.5 rWAR

    He's comin' for that title, Mike Trout

    126/130 G
    .285/87/29/91/12 | .398 wOBA | 162 wRC+ | 5.51 WPA | 5.7 fWAR | 6.0 rWAR

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Make a top 10 list per position and top 3 prospects per position

    And well merge it all together in one thread for everyone


    C
    1. Posey
    2. Molina
    3. Mauer
    4. Montero
    5. Ruiz
    6. Wieters
    7. Perez
    8. Santana
    9. Pierz
    10. Luccroy

    1. D'Arnaud
    2. Zuninio
    3. Sanchez

    1B
    1. Votto
    2. Pujols
    3. Fielder
    4. A-Gone
    5. Tex
    6. E5
    7. Craig
    8. Rizzo
    9. Goldie
    10. LaRoche

    1. Cron
    2. Yelich
    3. Adams

    2B
    1. Cano
    2. Zobrist
    3. Pedroia
    4. Hill
    5. Phillips
    6. Kinsler
    7. Espinoza
    8. Kipnis
    9. Altuve
    10. Weeks

    1. Wong
    2. Shoop
    3. Gennett

    3B
    1. Cabrera
    2. Longoria
    3. Wright
    4. Beltre
    5. Zimmerman
    6. Headley
    7. A-Ram
    8. Prado
    9. Lawrie
    10. Freese

    1. Olt
    2. Castellanos
    3. Rendon

    SS
    1. Tulo
    2. Desmond
    3. Reyes
    4. Andrus
    5. Rollins
    6. Castro
    7. Jeter
    8. Cabrera
    9. Hardy
    10. Hanley

    1. Profar
    2. Bogarets
    3. Lindor

    LF
    1. Braun
    2. Holliday
    3. Hamilton
    4. Gordon
    5. Cespedes
    6. Cargo
    7. Willingham
    8. Soriano
    9. Ludwick
    10. Jennings

    CF
    1. Trout
    2. Kemp
    3. Cutch
    4. Harper
    5. Jackson
    6. Jones
    7. Bourn
    8. Pagan
    9. Jay
    10. Span

    RF
    1. Heyward
    2. Stanton
    3. Beltran
    4. Bautista
    5. Swisher
    6. Reddick
    7. Hunter
    8. Rios
    9. Choo
    10. Upton

    Top 9 outfield prospects

    1. Taveras
    2. Myers
    3. Hamilton
    4. Starling
    5. Brown
    6. Buxton
    7. Soler
    8. Williams
    9. Choice

    Top 30 pitchers

    1. Verlander
    2. Kershaw
    3. Lee
    4. Halladay
    5. Hamels
    6. Hernandez
    7. Weaver
    8. Sabathia
    9. Price
    10. Sale
    11. Wainwright
    12. Cueto
    13. Dickey
    14. Cain
    15. Zimmerman
    16. Starsburg
    17. Shields
    18. Greinke
    19. Johnson
    20. Scherzer
    21. Harrison
    22. Bumgarner
    23. Hellickson
    24. Latos
    25. Fister
    26. Gio
    27. Kennedy
    28. Darvish
    29. Peavy
    30. Parker

    Top 10 prospects
    1. Bundy
    2. Fernandez
    3. Miller
    4. Wheeler
    5. Cole
    6. Bauer
    7. Walker
    8. Taillon
    9. Martinez
    10. Bradley

    Top three closers
    1. Kimbrel
    2. Rivera
    3. Johnson


    This is only a preliminary list as I am in a bit of a hurry, and it's likely to get edited, so don't get too pissy with the ranks specifically just yet.
    So I am not standing behind this list, I just sort of threw it together very quickly and didn't put a ton of thought into it yet.
    This is exaclt what mine would look like, maybe flipping Longoria and Wright only because Evan has spent a good amount of time on the DL.

    Other than that,

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BMore
    Posts
    8,144
    vCash
    1500
    The CF and RF lists are just so good
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    You're both wrong: Stanton >> Heyward. Stanton has been coasting for the last 2 seasons.
    Care to explain why you feel so confident? At this point, it can go either way. Heyward struggled in 2011 due to an injury, so his career numbers look low, but he has a big edge in defense to make up for it. Id say its equal right now
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Care to explain why you feel so confident? At this point, it can go either way. Heyward struggled in 2011 due to an injury, so his career numbers look low, but he has a big edge in defense to make up for it. Id say its equal right now
    No way. Stanton is a fine defense himself and even better on offense. Heyward is an average hitter with excellent defense. I'm choosing the former. Stanton offensive potential is wayyyy higher than Heyward. It not even a debate. Stanton has been better for the last 2 seasons. Heyward's superior defense doesn't make up for anything. Stanton's offensive gap is 10X bigger.
    through 08/25/2014...

    2014 Giancarlo Stanton

    130/130 G
    .299/83/33/97/10 | .412 wOBA | 165 wRC+ | 5.61 WPA | 5.7 fWAR | 6.5 rWAR

    He's comin' for that title, Mike Trout

    126/130 G
    .285/87/29/91/12 | .398 wOBA | 162 wRC+ | 5.51 WPA | 5.7 fWAR | 6.0 rWAR

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,629
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    No way. Stanton is a fine defense himself and even better on offense. Heyward is an average hitter with excellent defense. I'm choosing the former. Stanton offensive potential is wayyyy higher than Heyward. It not even a debate. Stanton has been better for the last 2 seasons. Heyward's superior defense doesn't make up for anything. Stanton's offensive gap is 10X bigger.
    I given Stanton power is big .but not for x 10 and JH is a 5 tool player i can't say the same for Stanton , so i agreed with JEJ.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    No way. Stanton is a fine defense himself and even better on offense. Heyward is an average hitter with excellent defense. I'm choosing the former. Stanton offensive potential is wayyyy higher than Heyward. It not even a debate. Stanton has been better for the last 2 seasons. Heyward's superior defense doesn't make up for anything. Stanton's offensive gap is 10X bigger.
    Did you just make that stuff up?

    Heyward Career: .261/.352/.447 -- .350 wOBA -- 118 wRC+ -- 34.3 UZR 10.8 BSR -- 13.7 WAR

    Stanton Career: .270/.350/.553 -- .383 wOBA -- 140 wRC+ -- 21.3 UZR -- -6.3 BSR -- 13.1 WAR

    That is including Heyward injury riddled 2011. Take that out and he is at ~ .365 wOBA, 125 wRC+ career, with better defense and better base running than Stanton.

    Its close either way. You are acting like Heyward is trash and Stanton is the second coming of Christ. It is probably the closest 1-2 of the whole list, so dont act like its so obvious.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,225
    vCash
    1500
    C
    1. Posey
    2 .Mauer
    3. Molina
    4. Wieters
    5. Montero
    6. Santana
    7. Ruiz
    8. Perez
    9. AJ Pierz
    10. Salty

    1. Zunino
    2. D'Arnauld
    3. Hedges

    1B
    1. Pujols
    2. Votto
    3. Fielder
    4. AGon
    5. Tex
    6. Edwin En
    7. Goldschmidt
    8. LaRoche
    9. Rizzo
    10. Craig

    1. Yelich
    2. Cron
    3. Vogelbach
    (When Singelton return bump Cron and Vogel down)

    2B
    1. Ben Zobrist
    2. Pedoria
    3. Cano
    4. Kipnis (taking a leap here)
    5. Phillips
    6. Hill
    7. Weeks
    8. Kinsler
    9. Espinoza
    10. Altuve

    1. Wong
    2. Schoop
    3. Gennett

    3B.
    1. Cabrera
    2. Longoria
    3. Wright
    4. Beltre
    5. Zimmerman
    6. Headley
    7. ARam
    8. Lawrie
    9. Prado
    10. Alvarez

    1. Rendon
    2. Olt
    3. Gyorko

    SS
    1. Tulo
    2. Desmond
    3. Reyes
    4. Castro
    5. Andrus
    6. Jeter
    7. Cabrera
    8. Rollins
    9. Hanley
    10. Simmons

    1. Profar
    2. Baez
    3. Bogaerts

    LF
    1. Braun
    2. Holliday
    3. Hamilton
    4. Upton
    5. Gordon
    6. Cargo
    7. Cespedes
    8. Soriano
    9.Ludwig
    10. Jennings

    CF.
    1. Trout
    2. Kemp
    3. Cutch
    4. Harper
    5. Jones
    6. Jackson
    7. Bourn
    8. Span
    9. Pagan
    10. Jay

    RF.
    1. Stanton
    2. Heyward
    3. Bautista
    4. Beltran
    5. Swisher
    6. Choo
    7. Rios
    8. Pence
    9. Reddick
    10. Hunter

    1. Teveras
    2. Myers
    3. Hamilton
    4. Buxton
    5. Castellanos
    6. Almora
    7. Willams
    8. Soler
    9. Dahl

    Top 30 pitchers
    1. Verlander
    2. Kershaw
    3. Hernandez
    4. Price
    5. Hamels
    6. Lee
    7. Halladay
    8. Strasburg
    9. Weaver
    10. Sabathia
    11. Cain
    12. Sale
    13. Wainwright
    14. Gio
    15. Cueto
    16. Dickey
    17. Zimmerman
    18. Bumgarner
    19. Latos
    20. Greinke
    21. Johnson
    22. Lester
    23. Darvish
    24. Shields
    25. Peavey
    26. Garza
    27. Kennedy
    28. Parker
    29. Harrison
    30. Sanchez

    1. Bundy
    2. Miller
    3. Skaggs
    4. Wheeler
    5. Fernandez
    6. Walker
    7. Cole
    8. Taillon
    9. Hutzen
    10. Syndergaard

    Top closer

    1. Kimbrel
    2. Rivera
    3. Papelbon

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37,675
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Did you just make that stuff up?

    Heyward Career: .261/.352/.447 -- .350 wOBA -- 118 wRC+ -- 34.3 UZR 10.8 BSR -- 13.7 WAR

    Stanton Career: .270/.350/.553 -- .383 wOBA -- 140 wRC+ -- 21.3 UZR -- -6.3 BSR -- 13.1 WAR

    That is including Heyward injury riddled 2011. Take that out and he is at ~ .365 wOBA, 125 wRC+ career, with better defense and better base running than Stanton.

    Its close either way. You are acting like Heyward is trash and Stanton is the second coming of Christ. It is probably the closest 1-2 of the whole list, so dont act like its so obvious.
    I feel Stanton is going to be better than Heyward. But he has to actually be on the field to do so.

    I'm more concerned about his injury future than Heyward's, but I think he is a better ball player.

    I placed Heyward over Stanton only because of injury concerns. A clean bill of health, and the better right fielder is Stanton.

    I also struggled with a few catchers, like Mauer and Santana because of how much they actually catch.


    EDIT - my first change is actually changing Stanton to ahead of Heyward. He is just going to be too good this year I think.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37,675
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    C
    1. Posey
    2 .Mauer
    3. Molina

    1B
    1. Pujols
    2. Votto

    9. Rizzo
    10. Craig

    2B
    1. Ben Zobrist
    2. Pedoria
    3. Cano
    Mauer over Molina?

    Pujols still over Votto?

    Rizzo over Craig?

    Cano the third best second basemen after last year?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    6,167
    vCash
    1500
    O Jeffy, you still have no idea where to place Cain on a top pitchers list. Without hesitation, he should be higher then Dickey, Cueto, Wainwright, Sale, and Weaver based on longevity and durability. You can also make very compelling arguments that he has been much more consistent then Hamels and Price. All he does is pitch 200+ innings every year, gives up hits at an elite low level, gives up runs at a well below average clip (park adjusted). All of this while greatly improving his periphals (K's and BB's) over each of the last 3-4 years. Then throw in the 2 WS rings with a 0 ERA in 2010 and 3 series clinching wins in 2012 playoffs.


    San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I feel Stanton is going to be better than Heyward. But he has to actually be on the field to do so.

    I'm more concerned about his injury future than Heyward's, but I think he is a better ball player.

    I placed Heyward over Stanton only because of injury concerns. A clean bill of health, and the better right fielder is Stanton.

    I also struggled with a few catchers, like Mauer and Santana because of how much they actually catch.


    EDIT - my first change is actually changing Stanton to ahead of Heyward. He is just going to be too good this year I think.
    That's fair, but it's not a blowout like he said it was. Like I said, it's the closest 1-2 there is.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On The Block
    Posts
    29,906
    vCash
    1500
    Strasburg is 16th?! No way.

    Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •