Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    the flyers need to rebuild #tradegiroux

vCash
    I hope so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    the flyers need to rebuild #tradegiroux
    They do need to rebulld but trading your young franchise player to start a rebuild may be the dumbest thing a team could do. Hypothetically if they started rebuiding now they could be done by time Giroux was 28-29 or so and he'd be in his prime, so why would trading him for a rebuild make sense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    They do need to rebulld but trading your young franchise player to start a rebuild may be the dumbest thing a team could do. Hypothetically if they started rebuiding now they could be done by time Giroux was 28-29 or so and he'd be in his prime, so why would trading him for a rebuild make sense?
    i guess the sarcasm in my post was missed, sorry for not being obvious

vCash
    ....lol my bad

Still though. I believe they need to get rid of guys like Timmonen and Briere and maybe Hartnell too before they lose their value. They already have a good start to a rebuild in Giroux, Read, Schenn, Schenn, Couturier, they would keep MEzsaros and Coburn, Simmonds, Voracek. They have a pretty crappy farm system overall but if they just traded a few of the older guys and resorted to being a bottom 10 team for 2 or 3 years, theyd have the money and players to still becoem a good team as soon as they wanted but theyd have restored the farm, mayeb gotten a few potential big time players, and would have only wasted 2-3 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    ....lol my bad

Still though. I believe they need to get rid of guys like Timmonen and Briere and maybe Hartnell too before they lose their value. They already have a good start to a rebuild in Giroux, Read, Schenn, Schenn, Couturier, they would keep MEzsaros and Coburn, Simmonds, Voracek. They have a pretty crappy farm system overall but if they just traded a few of the older guys and resorted to being a bottom 10 team for 2 or 3 years, theyd have the money and players to still becoem a good team as soon as they wanted but theyd have restored the farm, mayeb gotten a few potential big time players, and would have only wasted 2-3 years
    honestly they have good enough veteran players that there rebuild can be really quick and there gm has done it before, i dont even think they are going to miss the playoffs this year but if they do i wouldnt be surprised if they are locked in a cup contender next year. i still have a feeling when the time comes there is going to be some ******** gm that trades for bryz unfortunately and actually give the flyers value in return and thats when we are ****ed

vCash
    They don't need to rebuild.

vCash
    Flyers don't need to rebuild. They have a ton of young talent with Giroux, Couturier, Simmonds, Schenn, Schenn, Voracek, Read along with decent prime age talent with Hartnell, Coburn, and Talbot.

Through 9 games, the Flyers problem has been playing 60 minutes. We've given up entirely too many breakaways off of bad/careless turnovers. We will play a very solid period and come out of it down 1-0 because of one silly pass in the defensive zone.

If the injuries continue to pile up and we miss the playoffs, I wouldn't mind a good draft pick. I have a feeling we will sneak into the 6-8 seed though.

vCash
    Yeah there's no reason for a "rebuild". Do they need to retool somethings? Yeah, they need to move some talent around. I honestly think this franchise needs to move a B.Schenn or a Couturier for a goal scoring winger. We also need to transition the $6m from Timmonen into a younger defensemen. That said, they're not like some of the other older franchises who need a rebuild, nor are they devoid of young talent (devoid of prospects? Yes, but this is different).
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    I think the Flyers need to be concerned about their defense in the short, medium and long term.

There's not alot of upside there imo. Letting Carle walk was a problem.

Pronger is likely completely finished and Kimmo is 37.

Do I really like the idea of building around Meszaros and Couburn and Luke Schenn in the long term?

Not particularly

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbCk1XNfTs4

Reaction of most Flyers and Caps fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Flyers & Penguins will make the playoffs. Devils & Islanders will not in the Atlantic.
    lol. goodluck tuesday. Honestly I felt that at the beginning of the season, once again 4 atlantic division teams would get in with this order.

Pens
    Rangers
    Flyers
    Devils
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Flyers re-sign Kimmo Timonen to a 1 year $6 million extension. A lot of money but they couldn't afford to lose him.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Barf

vCash
    That's pretty steep for an aging defenseman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12