Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    the flyers need to rebuild #tradegiroux

vCash
    I hope so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    the flyers need to rebuild #tradegiroux
    They do need to rebulld but trading your young franchise player to start a rebuild may be the dumbest thing a team could do. Hypothetically if they started rebuiding now they could be done by time Giroux was 28-29 or so and he'd be in his prime, so why would trading him for a rebuild make sense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    They do need to rebulld but trading your young franchise player to start a rebuild may be the dumbest thing a team could do. Hypothetically if they started rebuiding now they could be done by time Giroux was 28-29 or so and he'd be in his prime, so why would trading him for a rebuild make sense?
    i guess the sarcasm in my post was missed, sorry for not being obvious

vCash
    ....lol my bad

Still though. I believe they need to get rid of guys like Timmonen and Briere and maybe Hartnell too before they lose their value. They already have a good start to a rebuild in Giroux, Read, Schenn, Schenn, Couturier, they would keep MEzsaros and Coburn, Simmonds, Voracek. They have a pretty crappy farm system overall but if they just traded a few of the older guys and resorted to being a bottom 10 team for 2 or 3 years, theyd have the money and players to still becoem a good team as soon as they wanted but theyd have restored the farm, mayeb gotten a few potential big time players, and would have only wasted 2-3 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    ....lol my bad

Still though. I believe they need to get rid of guys like Timmonen and Briere and maybe Hartnell too before they lose their value. They already have a good start to a rebuild in Giroux, Read, Schenn, Schenn, Couturier, they would keep MEzsaros and Coburn, Simmonds, Voracek. They have a pretty crappy farm system overall but if they just traded a few of the older guys and resorted to being a bottom 10 team for 2 or 3 years, theyd have the money and players to still becoem a good team as soon as they wanted but theyd have restored the farm, mayeb gotten a few potential big time players, and would have only wasted 2-3 years
    honestly they have good enough veteran players that there rebuild can be really quick and there gm has done it before, i dont even think they are going to miss the playoffs this year but if they do i wouldnt be surprised if they are locked in a cup contender next year. i still have a feeling when the time comes there is going to be some ******** gm that trades for bryz unfortunately and actually give the flyers value in return and thats when we are ****ed

vCash
    They don't need to rebuild.

vCash
    Flyers don't need to rebuild. They have a ton of young talent with Giroux, Couturier, Simmonds, Schenn, Schenn, Voracek, Read along with decent prime age talent with Hartnell, Coburn, and Talbot.

Through 9 games, the Flyers problem has been playing 60 minutes. We've given up entirely too many breakaways off of bad/careless turnovers. We will play a very solid period and come out of it down 1-0 because of one silly pass in the defensive zone.

If the injuries continue to pile up and we miss the playoffs, I wouldn't mind a good draft pick. I have a feeling we will sneak into the 6-8 seed though.

vCash
    Yeah there's no reason for a "rebuild". Do they need to retool somethings? Yeah, they need to move some talent around. I honestly think this franchise needs to move a B.Schenn or a Couturier for a goal scoring winger. We also need to transition the $6m from Timmonen into a younger defensemen. That said, they're not like some of the other older franchises who need a rebuild, nor are they devoid of young talent (devoid of prospects? Yes, but this is different).
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I think the Flyers need to be concerned about their defense in the short, medium and long term.

There's not alot of upside there imo. Letting Carle walk was a problem.

Pronger is likely completely finished and Kimmo is 37.

Do I really like the idea of building around Meszaros and Couburn and Luke Schenn in the long term?

Not particularly

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbCk1XNfTs4

Reaction of most Flyers and Caps fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Flyers & Penguins will make the playoffs. Devils & Islanders will not in the Atlantic.
    lol. goodluck tuesday. Honestly I felt that at the beginning of the season, once again 4 atlantic division teams would get in with this order.

Pens
    Rangers
    Flyers
    Devils
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Flyers re-sign Kimmo Timonen to a 1 year $6 million extension. A lot of money but they couldn't afford to lose him.

vCash
    Barf

vCash
    That's pretty steep for an aging defenseman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12