Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bruins at Toronto 2/2/13 Game Thread

VS.

Game Time - 7:00pm
    Where - Air Canada Centre

~Bruins To Watch~

NOTES: The Bruins are coming off the worst game of the season in which they took a beating from Buffalo 7-4. Rask will most likely get the nod in net as he is 6-1-0 lifetime vs. the team that drafted him. Dougie Hamilton makes his first appearance against the Leafs (the team that should have drafted him) and nothing would be sweeter then to see Hamilton "teach TOR how to Dougie" and record his first goal. Another player to watch from the "Thank You Kessel" deal is Tyler Seguin. Seguin has 8G / 5A / 13Pts in 12 career games vs. Toronto.

~Leafs To Watch~

NOTES: Toronto currently has a 2 game winning streak and hopes to beat down the B's as Buffalo did two days ago. Former 1st rounder and one time coveted prospect Nazem Kadri currently leads the Leafs in points with 3G & 4A. Newcomer JVR has fit right in to the Toronto line-up and currently leads the team with 4 goals. The Golden boy of Toronto (Phil Kessel) has yet to put the puck in the back of the net and with a match-up vs Chara tonight doesn't seem like his night. Toronto will look to Reimer to hold down the fort between the pipes. Currently Remier has a 2.80 GAA but does have a respectable .910 SV% to go with it.

~STARTING GOALIES~

Which is more Epic?
    A) Chara vs. Smith
    or
    B) Quincey's Reaction

vCash
    i have a feeling the B's are going to come extremely pissed off at the way they played against Buffalo. You don't want to lose two games in a row (in a condensed season especially) but you definitely don't want to lose two division games in a row. I feel the B's will come out hard, and it won't be close...i hope i'm right.

I would love to see any of these things happen:

1.) Seguin lights up the leafs on the score sheet tonight

2.) Hamilton scores his first goal of the season against the team he probably should be on

3.) Hamilton sets up Seguin for a goal

4.) Hamilton steps up and LIGHTS UP Kessel
    Tonight will be Jamie Tardif's NHL debut. he'll be wearing #68.

Last edited by bruins>habs; 02-02-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    NHL PLAYOFFS 2014

Because its The Cup.......Go get it again boys

vCash
    TORONTO – Tonight’s game is the pinnacle of 19-year-old Dougie Hamilton’s dreams growing up in Ontario.

He was a huge Maple Leafs fan as a kid growing up in Toronto and always watched Hockey Night in Canada.

So playing before a national audience on the Canadian institution was certainly a thing of daydreams while growing up, and the realization of one of a number of lifelong dreams for the former first round pick. Hamilton indicated it was almost cooler playing against the Leafs as a visiting team at the Air Canada Centre, and there will certainly be a few memorable moments with friends and family in the stands. If it can be anything like Tyler Seguin’s hat trick last season in a 7-0 drubbing of the Leafs in their own barn, then even so much better.

One thing Hamilton won’t have on this mind?

The Phil Kessel deal that helped bring Dougie to Boston as one of three draft picks netted for the Toronto scorer along with Tyler Seguin (2010 first round) and Jared Knight (2010 second round). Since the trade went down years before Hamilton ever donned the Black and Gold, it has little meaning to him.

That might be a different story tonight if Hamilton and Seguin – along with former Maple Leafs property Tuukka Rask dealt to Boston in the one-sided Andrew Raycroft trade – both dominate against Toronto in the Northeast Division showdown.

“It’s definitely going to be pretty cool,” said Hamilton, who said his friends and family are getting their own tickets because ‘that makes it easy on me.’ “The [Kessel deal] doesn’t really mean anything to me because I wasn’t really part of the trade. I was just a pick, I guess. I don’t really think or care about that.

“There’s just excitement. I grew up watching Leafs games in that rink, and dreamt of playing for that team and playing in the NHL. I guess I always dreamt of playing for the Leafs, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve realized how cool it will be to play against them.”

Hamilton was typically “aw shucks” when asked about his remarkable experience thus far with the Black and Gold while averaging just under 19 minutes of ice time in seven games. The 6-foot-5 teenager has four assists and a minus-2 rating in those seven games, and has come even better than advertised. Hamilton can move the puck with ease out of his own zone, find shooting lanes to the net that create big, fat rebounds for his teammates and has uncanny poise for a player just two weeks into his NHL career.

“I’ve had good opportunities so far and it’s an ideal situation with a lot of good defensemen to look up to,” said Hamilton. “It’s a lot different [than junior], but I think I’m getting used to the personnel and the style of play.”

While the first time playing against a team they idolized as a boy can be a heady experience for some players, it’s expected that Hamilton will handle it with the same amount of uncommon calm that he’s shown at every turn.

Perhaps a couple of points and crisp playmaking passes for good measure against the Leafs wouldn’t be a shock either.
    Joe Haggerty Article on Dougie
    NHL PLAYOFFS 2014

vCash
    Dougie loses points for being a Leafs fan .... The worst kind of person on the earth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Dougie loses points for being a Leafs fan .... The worst kind of person on the earth
    even worse than a MTL fan ?????
    NHL PLAYOFFS 2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    even worse than a MTL fan ?????
    IMO yes close but yes. Leaf fans are just plain sickening.

vCash
    Wasn't seguin also a leafs fan who grew up in Toronto..?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abourne13 View Post
    Wasn't seguin also a leafs fan who grew up in Toronto..?
    i think you're right.......

hopefully Hamilton has a big game against his favorite team like Seguin did last year.

Isn't this game hockey night in Canada like last years game???
    NHL PLAYOFFS 2014

vCash
    Any Saturday Night game with the Leafs is hockey night in Canada

vCash
    Kelly and Pevs should never ever ever be split up

vCash
    What a play by Kelly
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Danman1116 View Post
    What a play by Kelly
    pevs loop pass was very nice

vCash
    nice goal by Bourque, good for the kid to get a goal...

now on the first period:

kind of boring.......

Bruins got lucky, should probably be 1-1 but i'll take the goalie interference. On that, if its worthy enough to be goalie interference that waves off a goal, why isn't it also a penalty

Seguin needs to start playing better...he was invisible that period, and was the giving the puck up a lot.

liked the MacDermid/Fraser fight...good bout.
    NHL PLAYOFFS 2014

vCash
    is it just me, or does anyone else notice the Bruins slow starts?
    NHL PLAYOFFS 2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    nice goal by Bourque, good for the kid to get a goal...

now on the first period:

kind of boring.......

Bruins got lucky, should probably be 1-1 but i'll take the goalie interference. On that, if its worthy enough to be goalie interference that waves off a goal, why isn't it also a penalty

Seguin needs to start playing better...he was invisible that period, and was the giving the puck up a lot.

liked the MacDermid/Fraser fight...good bout.
    Would like to see him move to the Krejci line. Krejci seems to slow things down in the o-zone and get guys open. The MBS line right now just looks like they are free styling it out there. I think being on the KL line could open Seguin up as he's not the #1 options. I feel like on the 2nd line, teams just try to take away Seguin (one reason Marchy has 5 goals) and they are being successful.

Which is more Epic?
    A) Chara vs. Smith
    or
    B) Quincey's Reaction

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast