Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    I would not, what?.
    you ended your post with a question. i am asking what your own answer to that question would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    barni needs to be traded... for all you saying he can be effective as a 6th man, his lack of defense is always going to cost up more than he scores. he's inconsistent and unreliable, guys been a bum and always will be.
    dont compare him to amare... amare has had some success and isn't a soft piece waste of talent (as much anyways) .
    sorry i just can't stand barni and how people try to say he can do this or he might do that.. same story for last 4 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you ended your post with a question. i am asking what your own answer to that question would be.
    If he & the team were/are playing well, I would not trade him regardless of that fact. Other factors would have to determine trade.

vCash
    This is the only reason (and the only necessary reason) why we can't have Bargnani on our team:

Former Toronto Raptors head coach Sam Mitchell says he wasn't allowed to coach Andrea Bargnani the way he would have liked to because the franchise felt Bargnani wouldn't be able to handle it.

Mitchell believes this could be one reason why Bargnani hasn't turned out to be the franchise player some thought he could become.

"I wasn't allowed to coach Andrea the same way I was allowed to coach Jose (Calderon)," Mitchell told Tim & Sid on Sportsnet 590 The Fan on Wednesday. "I was a hard *** on Jose; I was hard on him, but look at the type of player he turned out to be.

"I was not allowed to be that tough on Andrea because within the organization we felt he couldn't take it.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...pment_raptors/

A grown *** man on an NBA team should be able to handle any type of coaching. This is just ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman16 View Post
    barni needs to be traded... for all you saying he can be effective as a 6th man, his lack of defense is always going to cost up more than he scores. he's inconsistent and unreliable, guys been a bum and always will be.
    dont compare him to amare... amare has had some success and isn't a soft piece waste of talent (as much anyways) .
    sorry i just can't stand barni and how people try to say he can do this or he might do that.. same story for last 4 years
    I find it even worse when all of the Bargnani haters like to kick him when he's down. Everyone knows he's been bad for about 10 games this season so everyone acts like his whole career is a wash. I could care less if he's trade for the right piece but acting like he's been a complete **** player forever is just stupid. For the last two years he's been by far are best player even the haters would admit this but cause of an over exaggerated bad start he's supposedly been nothing his whole career. Bargnani like many other players excels in one end and is bad at the other, nothing new.
    Everyone jumps on BC for his so called knee jerking reactions to trades but yet you want to trade Bargnani just cause your sick of him even if it's a stupid move?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    This is the only reason (and the only necessary reason) why we can't have Bargnani on our team:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...pment_raptors/

A grown *** man on an NBA team should be able to handle any type of coaching. This is just ridiculous.
    So instead Mitchell just never played him. Bargnani played maybe his best basketball for the half a season after Mitchell was fired and Jay let him stay out there and work through a mistake or two. To be fair it was never Bargnani saying I can't handle it coach, to me it sounds like Sam Mitchell giving excuses why he could coach the player.

vCash
    lol for the last two years 3/4 of the NBA could have been the best player on the raptors.
    and to say barni excels on offense is true but its not to a point where it makes up for his atrociousness defensive efforts.
    keeping him on this team is a stupid move... hes had chance after chance and hasn't proven **** except some games he can score around 20 points.
    time to stop babying this guy and be real about the situation, which is barni has worn out his stay in toronto and once traded will likely fall deep on another teams bench rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I find it even worse when all of the Bargnani haters like to kick him when he's down. Everyone knows he's been bad for about 10 games this season so everyone acts like his whole career is a wash. I could care less if he's trade for the right piece but acting like he's been a complete **** player forever is just stupid. For the last two years he's been by far are best player even the haters would admit this but cause of an over exaggerated bad start he's supposedly been nothing his whole career. Bargnani like many other players excels in one end and is bad at the other, nothing new.
    Everyone jumps on BC for his so called knee jerking reactions to trades but yet you want to trade Bargnani just cause your sick of him even if it's a stupid move?
    The people who say Bargnani is complete garbage are either just joking/exaggerating for fun, or they are ignorant. But most people understand that Bargnani has all the [B]physical[B] tools to be a great player, but he lacks the mental strength to handle the pressure of the NBA.

In order to grow as a player, fight through injuries, play through fatigue, hustle, etc. you need to have a tough mind.. I've never seen an NBA player who has so much physical capability and skill, yet so little mental toughness. That's why you see flashes of brilliance when he conjures up whatever little confidence he has, but it quickly fades once he loses it.

Until he figures out how to strengthen his mind and build confidence, he's never gonna be a consistent player and he doesn't belong in the NBA (unless a team is willing to deal with roller coasters for days.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    So instead Mitchell just never played him. Bargnani played maybe his best basketball for the half a season after Mitchell was fired and Jay let him stay out there and work through a mistake or two. To be fair it was never Bargnani saying I can't handle it coach, to me it sounds like Sam Mitchell giving excuses why he could coach the player.
    Before this story about Mitchell and his coaching style came out, I already knew Bargnani was a wimp lol. Can you not tell? He has the body of an NBA player but the personality of a 14 year old boy who gets bullied through high school. I'm not hating on the guy, I wish him all the success in the world, but when it comes down to building this team and winning, it's about survival of the fittest. If Bargs can't toughen up, then he needs to find something else to do. He's lucky to have made as much money as he has, so I wouldn't feel sorry for him if he had to retire due to mental issues or some ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    someones got a fetish for 7 foot Italian men......

vCash
    lol for the last two years 3/4 of the NBA could have been the best player on the raptors.
    and to say barni excels on offense is true but its not to a point where it makes up for his atrociousness defensive efforts.
    keeping him on this team is a stupid move... hes had chance after chance and hasn't proven **** except some games he can score around 20 points.
    time to stop babying this guy and be real about the situation, which is barni has worn out his stay in toronto and once traded will likely fall deep on another teams bench rotation.
    I don't usually respond to emotional posts.

Bargnani may be this teams worst help defender but he is this teams best post defender.

Everyone knows he's flawed but a talent.

Bottom line trade or not, what needs to get done is what's best for this team.

Sorry, if I don't agree with you, mr right

vCash
    someones got a fetish for 7 foot Italian men......
    I don't blame the guy for being a Bargnani fan, if he got his act together he could have been one of the best players in the league. It might be hard sometimes to come to terms with what Bargnani really is, so I don't blame people for hanging on to some hope that Bargnani will turn it around. Because there is still a chance, honestly. But in my opinion, we have given him enough time. It's time to move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    naw man he's never been our best player outside of a 13 game stretch last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    I don't blame the guy for being a Bargnani fan, if he got his act together he could have been one of the best players in the league. It might be hard sometimes to come to terms with what Bargnani really is, so I don't blame people for hanging on to some hope that Bargnani will turn it around. Because there is still a chance, honestly. But in my opinion, we have given him enough time. It's time to move on.
    None can argue he's had more than his fair shake. I have no delusions concerning Bargnani, I know he's a flawed player.

Until this point one of the few talents on roster people wanted to dump for little to nothing. Despite his constant struggles, I understand the concept of value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    I don't usually respond to emotional posts.

Bargnani may be this teams worst help defender but he is this teams best post defender.

Everyone knows he's flawed but a talent.

Bottom line trade or not, what needs to get done is what's best for this team.

Sorry, if I don't agree with you, mr right
    no one said I'm Mr right smart guy, but I'll take it
    I'm just stating my opinion on barni like the rest of us... and like you said, what needs to be done is what's best for this team... and that's to get rid of the 7 foot talented player that had crapped away every chance he has had to help this team succeed.
    look at what Amirs done with his first chance to become some one in the NBA and for the Raps.
    hard work and dedication goes a long way. something I don't see in barni

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast