Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    Anyone want to jump on the "Lets keep Bargnani...but as a sixth man" bandwagon with me?
    I'm too busy jumping on the "Rudy Gay is going to be a superstar he just didn't have a chance in Memphis because they ran the wrong system" bandwagon lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Everybody in the league knows what he is. A big that can give you 20 pts a game, shoot and can't rebound or play defense. 8 games isn't going to all of sudden open peoples eyes and change what he's done for the past 6 years.
    I'm with you on this one but to me that makes him more valuable. During the offseason he had value and wasn't even looked at as overpaid but because of the horrible stretch he had he's nothing but a burden now.

vCash
    Anyone want to jump on the "Lets keep Bargnani...but as a sixth man" bandwagon with me?
    yes. Actually i don't care where he is on the floor. He is no longer the focus of the offense anymore. I think he will fit just fine with the current team we have right now. He can play the post up game or the run and gun game.

I think in all seriousness, Bargnani is someone we already have that can fit the team when you consider Josh Smith is looking for a max contract, Bargnani can play that center position when we go small.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    With LeBron playing a lot of 4 and Miami not a great rebounding team, I wouldnt mind seeing a stretch of the game where we see a lineup of Lowry/Ross/DeRozan/Gay/Bargs on the court. Bargs is our best bet to guard Bosh 1 on 1 and he would space the floor allowing Gay and Demar to work in the low post where they're both effective.
    Why are you suggesting to go small on the Heat who struggle to rebound?. Won't it help them play a Bosh/Lebron front court & end up with the better speed match up?.

Bargs vs Bosh
    Gay vs Lebron
    DeRozan vs Wade
    Ross vs Allen
    Lowry vs Chalmers

IMO, Raptors have a size advantage, I would force them to keep Lebron at SF by having him guard Gay at SF. this forces them to play small upfront with Bosh & an undersized PF or face a mismatch. With Wade on DeRozan/Ross @ SG in theory Raptors should have an edge at PF & PG with Amir & Lowry.

(Bargnani/Gray/Val) vs (Bosh)
    Amir vs (Battier/Lebron)
    Gay vs (Lebron/Battier)
    (DeRozan/Ross) vs Wade
    Lowry vs Chalmers

^ If they play Lebron at PF Rudy would have a mismatch at SF he could post up Battier with his size, he's not a 6'7 Fields, who can't create. If they don't play Lebron @ PF in this scenario, IMO Amir should have his way with Battier & vice versa because of Gays size/skill advantage @ SF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Everybody in the league knows what he is. A big that can give you 20 pts a game, shoot and can't rebound or play defense. 8 games isn't going to all of sudden open peoples eyes and change what he's done for the past 6 years.
    he can play man to man defense. just not a good help defender.

like i said before, he's not the focus of the offense anymore. so maybe he plays within himself more and buys into the team concept in which he has yet to shown after his injury. I really think we're gonna see new Bargnani, more efficient and maybe show a little more team toughness when it comes to the defensive side of thing.s

vCash
    Isn't this what we wanted from Bargnani? To be a 2nd/3rd option player? And not the 1st option? With Rudy Gay he is definitely not the 1st option

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    Isn't this what we wanted from Bargnani? To be a 2nd/3rd option player? And not the 1st option? With Rudy Gay he is definitely not the 1st option
    yes, i think he will fit nicey in his role as the third/forth option. no pressure.

vCash
    Damn rudy gay is 6'8 and he's long and strong

Did i mention, extremely athletic

vCash
    Im all with you, all we need is for the contract to expire so its more cap friendly when we resign him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Cool. But BC should wait till the offseason to trade him. I doubt you'll get anything great unless he has a hell of an 8 game stretch.
    Agreed, unless at the deadline were like suddenly 2 games back of a playoff spot or something, I would keep him and just let him ride the year out then during the off season look for a big trade.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    me.... cept more like a 7th or 8th man. HONESTLY, on hustle and grit alone, i would like Acy to see more minutes.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    im thinking aaron gray will be absolutely nullified tmrw lol.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    he can play man to man defense. just not a good help defender.

like i said before, he's not the focus of the offense anymore. so maybe he plays within himself more and buys into the team concept in which he has yet to shown after his injury. I really think we're gonna see new Bargnani, more efficient and maybe show a little more team toughness when it comes to the defensive side of thing.s
    How long are people going to keep saying this.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Already there with you bud

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    i feared andrea would become bostjan nochbar instead of all the superstar big man he was compared too. looks like that day will start tomorrow and the potential for him to do great things within the raps organization is over.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast