Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Keep Luongo, trade Cory?

Anyone think this has to be considered? Cory will bring back more assets and Luongo still has A LOT left in the tank. If we trade Cory we can reload and make another run with the goalie that took us to game 7 of the SC.

What could we get for Schneider?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I have been saying this for a while now. We have maybe a three year window with the Sedins and Cory nets us a sniper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I have been saying this for a while now. We have maybe a three year window with the Sedins and Cory nets us a sniper.
    I'd do it. This team would finally be lethal if it had a sniper. We seem to have figured out a great top line for the time being, and a sniper off the second line or on the PP would push us over the top.

vCash
    Schneider might net someone in the mold of Chris Higgins but that's it. It's supply and demand, there's 60 slots in the NHL for goalies and there's not many teams who need a goalie right now.

vCash
    The best piece we could get for Schneider is a 3rd liner? Well, that's unfortunate.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    If you guys wanted to package something with Schneider you could probably fetch a decent player. I'm not sure if you guys have your 1st rounder this year but it's a deep draft even if the pick is 25th-30th. Put that 1st with Schneider if you're willing to part with it and that'd net you something nice I'd assume. But I'm not sure who needs a goalie that may have a scoring threat to deal away that you guys need.

vCash
    Schneider and Tanev for RNH

vCash
    Schneider and Tanev for RNH
    Oilers walk away from the table.

Sam Gagner or Ales Hemsky?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Oilers walk away from the table.

Sam Gagner or Ales Hemsky?
    Are u kidding me? A #1 goalie and a smart puck mover for Gagner or even worse Hemsky. I'm not gonna say they take that trade but its not that far off. Edmonton would love to have a young number one to grow with this team and I'm guessing would like to add more defensive depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    If you guys wanted to package something with Schneider you could probably fetch a decent player. I'm not sure if you guys have your 1st rounder this year but it's a deep draft even if the pick is 25th-30th. Put that 1st with Schneider if you're willing to part with it and that'd net you something nice I'd assume. But I'm not sure who needs a goalie that may have a scoring threat to deal away that you guys need.
    Evander Kane?

<3

vCash
    If we can get a legit young stud back(like Evander Kane) then yes by all means

But I'm not sure what the market is like, the only other really good goalie on the market is Luongo

vCash
    Are u kidding me? A #1 goalie and a smart puck mover for Gagner or even worse Hemsky. I'm not gonna say they take that trade but its not that far off. Edmonton would love to have a young number one to grow with this team and I'm guessing would like to add more defensive depth.
    I wasn't including Tanev.

I think Gagner and a 3rd is pretty fair. Gagner is under 25 and seemingly having a breakout season. He also provides the playmaking type forward the Canucks sort of need.

Goalies really don't have that much trade value.

vCash
    What makes anyone think thy any team would trade high level assets for Schneider or Luongo?

These are all the goalies traded recently:
    Henrik Karlsson -7th round pick
    Sergei Bobrovsky - 2 2nd round picks
    Anders Lindback - 2nd round pick
    Anton Khudobin - Jeff Penner
    Pascal Leclaire - Antoine Vermette
    Cristobal Hurt - 2nd round pick
    Kari Lehtonen - 4th round pick, Ivan Vishnievsky

Based off this its safe to say the names like Kane are extremely unreasonable to ask about. How many teams even need goalies? Lets take a look:

Florida - Maybe.

And that's literally it.

Edmonton is very happy with Dubnyk and he and Schneider are pretty much on the same level.
    New Jersey might want a young goalie behind Brodeur
    Winnipeg is perfectly happy with Pavelec as well.

Based off recent history you can come to the conclusion that:
    1) a goalie isn't going to return a top line player
    2) teams typically don't like trading of their roster for a goalie
    3) The buyers market for goalies is slim to none

That's not a slight on Schneider or Luongo is just the way it works. They're obviously good goalies but no one is going to give up a player out of their top-6 if they don't have to and there's not a songle team in the NHL right now that has a glaring need for goalie

vCash
    You left out Varlamov who netted a nice package but yes I agree with you for the most part

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    I wasn't including Tanev.

I think Gagner and a 3rd is pretty fair. Gagner is under 25 and seemingly having a breakout season. He also provides the playmaking type forward the Canucks sort of need.

Goalies really don't have that much trade value.
    My bad I thought you meant for the package. I hear what your saying value wise but if you package a goalie a dman and a pick I think the return could be very good. Evander Kane is not happening. Cory Perry is on my wish list but not gonna happen. I do wonder what it would take to get Ovechkin out of Washington.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast