Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah well Drummond had an 18 rebound game in 28 minutes on Tuesday and a 14 rebound game in 24 minutes the next day!

vCash
    It's 3 games
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    So? I may be highlighting 3 games but its about his entire season. Hes getting better with every game and hes actually better offensively than I thought he would be.
    Still feel free to name the last time someone had a rebound rate this high in 3 games. Unless you would rather see more threads about LAL/MIA, what exactly is wrong with bringing attention to players around the league?
    Using you're 3 game sample size rule:

Reggie Evans in 29 MPG averaged 16.7 RPG in 3 games from 1/5 to 1/11.

Reggie Evans in 21 MPG averaged 13.3 RPG in 3 games from 11/23 to 11/26
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    I remember in the NBA re-draft when we had him and I had to correct all these schmoes who thought his advanced stats/per minute stats were misleading and I had to keep repeating numerous studies that show per minute stats as an indicator of future performance.

Well all those schmoes in the NBA re-draft should now come in here and admit they were wrong and I was right.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    Yeah well Drummond had an 18 rebound game in 28 minutes on Tuesday and a 14 rebound game in 24 minutes the next day!
    Drummond is legit. He's got excellent per minute stats for a rookie, some of the best all-time. Don't know why Frank doesn't give him more minutes. I've heard his logic, its still faulty.

His per minute stats are actually pretty similar to what Dwight did in his rookie season. Will he be the next Dwight? It's not likely but time will tell. Dwight didn't exactly come into the league that polished either, he developed his post game. Same could be true for Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    It's 3 games
    Fine, look at Asik's whole season- he's averaging a double double on the year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    But I thought rebounding, individually, was overrated?

I said before the season he was a MIP candidate.
    The irony is that his advanced numbers for the season haven't really improved all that much. He's scoring better but a lot of his other metrics aren't that different from his first 2 seasons. The main difference is that he's getting way more minutes.

In the strict sense of the award, I'm not sure that he's MIP because he's just seeing an uptick in his minutes that explains his better per game averages.

vCash
    Rodman and a few others did it for a full season...

vCash
    But I do love Asik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    The irony is that his advanced numbers for the season haven't really improved all that much. He's scoring better but a lot of his other metrics aren't that different from his first 2 seasons. The main difference is that he's getting way more minutes.

In the strict sense of the award, I'm not sure that he's MIP because he's just seeing an uptick in his minutes that explains his better per game averages.
    Yep, its the minutes spike, no doubt. But the people who vote for that award aren't exactly putting in overtime to get to the point. They just go, "look, he is averaging a **** ton more now, he wins". Asik fits that

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Thread-jacking.

Nikola Vucevic hasn't had less than 9 boards in a game since 12/12, a span of 25 games.
    Yea I was looking up the highest rebounding games and I kept seeing his name. I think his stats are higher too.

But Asik is anchoring the team defensively while still tracking down these boards.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    Using you're 3 game sample size rule:

Reggie Evans in 29 MPG averaged 16.7 RPG in 3 games from 1/5 to 1/11.

Reggie Evans in 21 MPG averaged 13.3 RPG in 3 games from 11/23 to 11/26
    DAMN. And the nets play at a snails pace usually, Ill check out the rebound% later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    I remember in the NBA re-draft when we had him and I had to correct all these schmoes who thought his advanced stats/per minute stats were misleading and I had to keep repeating numerous studies that show per minute stats as an indicator of future performance.

Well all those schmoes in the NBA re-draft should now come in here and admit they were wrong and I was right.
    Only 1 person had manned up to dismissing him. I finally found those studies BTW, how did you get a hold of them, I thought they were lost forever until a webarchive link came up today.

vCash
    Baby come back

You can blame it all on Jerry

There was something, in every board you grabbed

Baby come back

We could really use your speed

We we were wrong and Noah can't live without you :cry:
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    Bulls had no choice guys, let that go

vCash
    If Bulls would have matched that contract, Asik would have gotten 15 mil in year 3 of his contract. They'd have him and Noah both getting over 10, not to mention Rose. Financially, they'd have to get rid of a lot of people to keep Asik and though I liked Asik and think he is a good starter, given the choice from an all around perspective you'd have to take Noah.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast