Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    He likes Toronto. So its good for both teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    but if you send his man to help out that's when the lob pass comes to Demar or Landry. Which is kind of what they want.
    Pass from whom? Gay? I think you overrate Gay's vision and playmaking ability. And sending help doesn't mean its a lob for the player whos left unguarded. It means hes shrinking the floor for his teammate.

If what you were saying were true, then why doesn't DD shoot a high% in set situations? Im looking at the tape right now and most of his set attempts are a result of his defender sagging off him (obviously) and Im not seeing too many of them lobs you speak of. Maybe Im not understanding what your saying.

I mean Bron and Wade attract more doubles than the players you mention, and when Bron has the ball teams completely disregard Wade's 3pt game, keep in mind these guys are ELITE playmakers/passers and even they get most of their lobs in transition not in halfcourt. So if these guys are barely connecting on lobs, what makes you think DD and Gay are going to do it better?

I think its more likely that whatever influence they have on each other is very minimal, which is actually an optimistic viewpoint from what Ive been seeing. Alot of people think they will cramp each others style but I think they can make it work with reasonable success. Just not seeing this jaugernaut of a team that you cant double.
    Last edited by Chronz; 02-02-2013 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    When people give you space, you can also attack. Which Demar has been doing all season.
    When the defenses give you space and you take the lowest% shot in basketball, the defense has won. DD is decent 1 on 1 (tho by no means a guy Im aggressively gameplanning for), but off the ball? I could care less what he does off the bal, so you can understand why teams will sag off him to help on Gay. And if Gay is playing with DD and 2 nonshooting bigs, hes going to find it tougher than he would when hes playing the 4 alongside more shooters who occupy bodies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Pass from whom? Gay? I think you overrate Gay's vision and playmaking ability. And sending help doesn't mean its a lob for the player whos left unguarded. It means hes shrinking the floor for his teammate.
    It's doesn't have to be lobs, bounce passes, lead passes, point is Gay would set Derozan for some easy buckets b/c Derozan can move w/o the ball.

If what you were saying were true, then why doesn't DD shoot a high% in set situations? Im looking at the tape right now and most of his set attempts are a result of his defender sagging off him (obviously) and Im not seeing too many of them lobs you speak of. Maybe Im not understanding what your saying.
    DD is an average shooter, As for Gay's attempts, lets not act like in Memphis he had anyone that could go up and get it other than Arthur. Tony wasn't getting it, Z-Bo and him weren't really in sync, Gasol isn't that type. You're going to see a way different Rudy Gay in Toronto's open system.

I mean Bron and Wade attract more doubles than the players you mention, and when Bron has the ball teams completely disregard Wade's 3pt game, keep in mind these guys are ELITE playmakers/passers and even they get most of their lobs in transition not in halfcourt. So if these guys are barely connecting on lobs, what makes you think DD and Gay are going to do it better?
    Perfect ex. once upon a time Wade and LeBron were iso playmakers. They didn't know how to run a 1/2 court set w/o the ball in their hands. Now look at them, and Wade had no 3pt shot and still has no real perimeter game to speak of. As of what is happen to Wade and LeBron, Wade is old in the body period. He's still athletic, but he's not what he use to be.

I think its more likely that whatever influence they have on each other is very minimal, which is actually an optimistic viewpoint from what Ive been seeing. Alot of people think they will cramp each others style but I think they can make it work with reasonable success. Just not seeing this jaugernaut of a team that you cant double.
    I disagree. They won't be a jaugernaut but they'll be more effective and dangerous offensively.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    At least Gay was "Professional" about it. nothing was leaked to the media about it until after the trade. If Gay spoke out about his frustrations in Memphis it would have lowered his value.

he didnt pull a Carmelo or D'Howard.

vCash
    good ridance for memphis.

now he can go and butt heads with lowry and derozan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    It's doesn't have to be lobs, bounce passes, lead passes, point is Gay would set Derozan for some easy buckets b/c Derozan can move w/o the ball.
    Got it, dont see Gay being this great playmaker you seem to think he is. I mean your talking about a guy whos passes get picked off more often than he loses the ball in any other fashion. His passing turnovers per assist recorded are very poor. And they get worse when he doesn't have a PG on the floor with him.

DD is an average shooter,
    Thats putting it nicely dont you think? Especially when you consider how little he stretches the floor and how little he can take advantage of set situations.

As for Gay's attempts,
    You misunderstood, by DD I'm talking about Derozen's attempts when he is set and the ball swings his way.

lets not act like in Memphis he had anyone that could go up and get it other than Arthur. Tony wasn't getting it, Z-Bo and him weren't really in sync, Gasol isn't that type. You're going to see a way different Rudy Gay in Toronto's open system.
    In terms of passing, I dont see why. Like you said, not just talking about lobs here.

Perfect ex. once upon a time Wade and LeBron were iso playmakers. They didn't know how to run a 1/2 court set w/o the ball in their hands. Now look at them, and Wade had no 3pt shot and still has no real perimeter game to speak of. As of what is happen to Wade and LeBron, Wade is old in the body period. He's still athletic, but he's not what he use to be.
    Now Im lost, I love the example too, its why I made it. Iso playmakers? Not at all, they were PnR operaters on top of being isolation threats. And they arent really complimenting each others game despite both being better passers than DD/Gay. They are just so talented that they produce efficient team results, even if together their individual stats are suppressed.

I disagree. They won't be a jaugernaut but they'll be more effective and dangerous offensively.
    Dangerous... jaugernaut . Lets us both stop with the generalizations. Essentially you feel both will be more efficient playing alongside each other yes? I can buy Gay because theres no posible way he contiues playing as poorly as he has all year, but DD has to improve his skillset significantly IMO.

But basically you think both will have career highs in efficiency right? And that Toronto's offense with both Gay and DD will fare better as a result. We'll see what happens but its going to take alot of time to revisit this. Put this one in the archives, we'll see what the team/individual results say at the end of the year. But they got off to a good start.

Im saving DD's outlet/cutting opportunities to see if they improve from here on out.

vCash
    Raptors are still irrelevant and now the Grizzlies are irrelevant.

vCash
    He was a bad fit in Memphis is that simple he wanted to be the guy and I don't blame him at all but it was clear from day 1 that Marc Gasol was the future and ZBO was the heart and soul of the team.

Rudy was like a really cool(and expensive) Accessory or luxury sure is nice to have it but you don't really need it.Same with Harden and OKC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Prince was a good pick up for y'all. I like the trade considering Gay wanted out.
    Prince is a great pick up. Rudy got tired of all the trade rumors which pointed to him as the odd man out , just like with OJ last year. except OJ apparently wanted to stay in Memphis back when. Rudy was widely blamed for the quicker exit this past spring in the Playoffs and I 'm sure he resented the HUGE crowd ovation for ZBo who was announced before each home game just prior to Rudy, and it looked to get the better of him. Nonetheless, I wish success for him and for the Grizzlies which will get better as a result of the trade.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    good ridance for memphis.

now he can go and butt heads with lowry and derozan.
    Nah..........they'll have a love fest for awhile
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Raptors are still irrelevant and now the Grizzlies are irrelevant.

I sure hope not!!!
    We are returning more to what made us so good 2 years ago........or that's what I choose to think

vCash
    Don't want to rag on Rudy but he was horrid in throwing the ball in from out of bounds and Hollins kept having him do it
    Maybe the Raps coach will watch some tape on that

vCash
    Not only does he like Toronto, you can tell the fans deeply enjoyed his presence. It was an awesome game to be honest. Lots of energy and they felt like a playoff team. DeRozan and Rudy Gay can carry this team to great heights. I hope Memphis suffers from this. They were my second favorite team, but what they did to Rudy Gay makes them one of the worst!

vCash
    It's a business and Heisley WAY overpaid him. What was Rudy supposed to say? Don't give me the $$$$$ ?
    One of them had to go and he was the most expendable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast