Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Would explain why a couple times Rudy answered a couple question with "It's good to be wanted"

vCash
    Like I said, very good move for Toronto. Not a good move for Memphis right now.

Toronto BTW have 3 perimeter players that can score off the dribble. Who's getting doubled now?
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Like I said, very good move for Toronto. Not a good move for Memphis right now.

Toronto BTW have 3 perimeter players that can score off the dribble. Who's getting doubled now?
    Who ever cant shoot without the ball is the guy that will send the help. And you can only draw doubles if teams think your going to abuse them. I highly doubt people care if DeRozen takes off the bounce jumpers.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    So Memphis wasn't Gay friendly enough?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Who ever cant shoot without the ball is the guy that will send the help. And you can only draw doubles if teams think your going to abuse them. I highly doubt people care if DeRozen takes off the bounce jumpers.
    lol u know that teams have been doubling demar all season long right?? Demar is good at getting into the paint when the other team is scrambling on defense.. which is exactly what rudy will create for him. And vice versa. Demar doesn't always settle for the jumpshot but when he does he has a pretty good mid range.

They showed good chemistry last night against one of the best teams (cp3 or not) in the league and things should only become easier once they get more used to each other

vCash
    Demar has really good mid-range game now. It's not as raw and bad as it used to be, he's really worked on the mechanics of his jump shot.

vCash
    Add Content
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    I feel like this will work long term for all 3 teams in the trade.

vCash
    Derozan:

At rim: 94 of 156 = 60%
    3 to 9 feet: 53 of 122 = 44%
    10 to 15 feet: 53 of 125 = 43%
    16 to 30 feet: 88 of 225 = 39%
    3 pointers: 21 of 75 = 28%

That's his breakdown of FG% from areas on the court. It's not ideal, but Derozan is improving by the year with his jumpshot. It's much better now then it was before.

vCash
    The Raptors don't have much clogging the paint, so the freeway to the rim is there w/ Gay and Lowry and Derozan. Derozan has improved to average from the perimeter, Lowry is a threat outside and in, Gay well lets just say w/ no Z-Bo or Gasol he's going to the rim w/ no hesitation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Demar has really good mid-range game now. It's not as raw and bad as it used to be, he's really worked on the mechanics of his jump shot.
    Hes got alot of work to do before he becomes the 1 on 1 threat that teams have to agressively gameplan for is my point. Like Gay is closer to being that kind of player and even hes doesn't fit the bill perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by marvILLous View Post
    lol u know that teams have been doubling demar all season long right??
    LOL if you consider those doubles then lots of players get doubled, seems more like standard rotating defense to me.

Demar is good at getting into the paint when the other team is scrambling on defense.. which is exactly what rudy will create for him.
    Your assuming Gay will be able to read defenses enough to make that play consistently, something he has rarely done. Im sure Gay will attract some attention to relieve DD but I doubt it leads to noteworthy results.

As for DeMar, hes a good slasher but overall hes been really ****** in terms of taking advantage of outlet opportunities (when hes set and defenses are scrambling), hes average if he can get into the lane but thats not always an option and when DD is set and shooting a 3, hes barely hitting 30%. Overall as a spot-up threat to either drive or shoot, hes connecting on a paltry 40%.

From what Ive seen hes not a very good passer when he does collapse a defense either.

And vice versa. Demar doesn't always settle for the jumpshot but when he does he has a pretty good mid range.
    Unless your elite, being a good mid-range shooter means your team is relying on the lowest% shot in basketball.

They showed good chemistry last night against one of the best teams (cp3 or not) in the league and things should only become easier once they get more used to each other
    Have you been watching us lately?

vCash
    Should have got traded to Philly for Thad Young and J Rich/ Nick Young

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    The Raptors don't have much clogging the paint, so the freeway to the rim is there w/ Gay and Lowry and Derozan. Derozan has improved to average from the perimeter, Lowry is a threat outside and in, Gay well lets just say w/ no Z-Bo or Gasol he's going to the rim w/ no hesitation.
    Agreed on Gay, but DD? If Im an NBA coach Im definitely sending his man to help on Gay. He can really only space you out to the midrange area so its easy to recover for perimeter players, hes below average as an outlet option for other ball handlers. Its why I think Gay should play the 4 with their other perimeter prospect, forget his name right now.

vCash
    When people give you space, you can also attack. Which Demar has been doing all season.

vCash
    Agreed on Gay, but DD? If Im an NBA coach Im definitely sending his man to help on Gay. He can really only space you out to the midrange area so its easy to recover for perimeter players, hes below average as an outlet option for other ball handlers. Its why I think Gay should play the 4 with their other perimeter prospect, forget his name right now.
    but if you send his man to help out that's when the lob pass comes to Demar or Landry. Which is kind of what they want.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast