Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    toronto is a sports city once again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    good ridance for memphis.

now he can go and butt heads with lowry and derozan.
    still hating on players that take touches away from your fellow Spaniards lmao.
    Last edited by bucketss; 02-02-2013 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzgrizz View Post
    Nah..........they'll have a love fest for awhile
    he butted heads with Pau and mike Miller bout touches right away , being a spoiled rookie.
    Now he was not happy having to share with zach and marc.

Love feast will last like 5 games, then he will butt heads there too.

vCash
    Oh I saw this article, it was written by John Hollinger. I think it was titled "ya-huh I'm right"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    he butted heads with Pau and mike Miller bout touches right away , being a spoiled rookie.
    Now he was not happy having to share with zach and marc.

Love feast will last like 5 games, then he will butt heads there too.
    He is best friends with Lowry & is friends with DeMar, he has also most likely matured since then.

He was a bad fit in Memphis anyways because Gasol & Randolph clogged the lanes and the majority of the offense was run through the post limiting Rudy's game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    Oh I saw this article, it was written by John Hollinger. I think it was titled "ya-huh I'm right"
    Yeah, probably to hide their image after blowing up the team.

vCash
    imagine if calderon was still on the raptors with rudy gay, wow crooner would have a brain aneurysm
    RIP JordansBulls

vCash
    Don't want to rag on Rudy but he was horrid in throwing the ball in from out of bounds and Hollins kept having him do it
    Maybe the Raps coach will watch some tape on that
    Is that right? Coaches usually do a good job of designating In-Bound passers. I remember Tmac getting praised for that in Toronto

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Is that right? Coaches usually do a good job of designating In-Bound passers. I remember Tmac getting praised for that in Toronto
    Seriously man; Hollins was crazy about Rudy and it would drive me nuts when he'd be the one throwing it in. I know the most dangerous player to watch is the one throwing in bounds(to take the shot) but he made too many bone headed moves in the past in those situations. I won't ever miss THAT about Rudy Gay
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Raptors are still irrelevant and now the Grizzlies are irrelevant.
    You can say that statement for every team basically, there are only like 4 or 5 teams in the league even relevant and elite level.

Thunder, Lakers, Heat, Spurs, Celtics, Mavs(by default for their ring)

Those are the only 6 teams that have been relevant the past few years so I dont get the point in your statement.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    for the life of me coudn't comprehend why Griz traded their leading scorer. this explains it all.
    Last edited by 3ballbomber; 02-03-2013 at 04:23 AM.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash

I sure hope not!!!
    We are returning more to what made us so good 2 years ago........or that's what I choose to think
    Trading your leading scorer in a salary dump does not usually improve situations. I know how well the Grizz did without him the year Randolph went off and you beat the Spurs but I do not see that type of magic happening again. Especially considering how valuable your coach was just saying Rudy Gay is to the team. Prince may have had a fun little debut but he is not the same player (on either end) that he was in the mid 2000s for the Pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    You can say that statement for every team basically, there are only like 4 or 5 teams in the league even relevant and elite level.

Thunder, Lakers, Heat, Spurs, Celtics, Mavs(by default for their ring)

Those are the only 6 teams that have been relevant the past few years so I dont get the point in your statement.
    Includes the Celtics (.500 team) and the Lakers (5 games under .500) but leaves out the Knicks (30-15 and tied for #1 seed in the East)... smells like baiting but could just be blissful ignorance.

My point is simple: trading for Rudy Gay and his big salary only ties the Raptors hands to a mediocre roster. That does not turn them into an "up and coming" team. I get that it might be difficult for the Raps to attract an all-star caliber player but I do not think that this was the right move for them. Especially when their frontcourt is still so shoddy and now they have two wings who like the ball and neither can really pass.

For the Grizzlies they were a top team in the West and looking to make some noise. That roster has been together for a long-time now and chemistry is a beautiful thing in the NBA. I could have seen them surprising teams in the playoffs. Being an "on the verge" team that trades their leading scorer makes little sense to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    for the life of me coudn't comprehend why Griz traded their leading scorer. this explains it all.
    Not sure what explained it for you, but let me try. Rudy didn't really fit with the success that came 2 years ago when he was out. Then ZBo was out and the verdict wasn't in until they all came back(the core). Yes we had success but Rudy apparently still wanted to be the #1 option and when he wasn't, night in and night out; he became less happy especially when he found out the FO was actively shopping him. We were all pretty surprised down here when he was traded after the Cavs trade, but that may have set up more value for him as he wasn't as productive or efficient as they wanted in our system. So we give up a less efficient athletic scorer for other guys that MAY give us much back. It will remain to be seen how smart the new Grizz FO truly is.
    But Rudy ragging on his old teammates and wanting out is smokescreen for a hurt ego.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234