Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Expectations of The Brandon's

What do you guys expect from Brandon Crawford and Brandon Belt next year? They both had solid seasons last year, do you expect them to take big steps forward in 2013?

vCash
    I'm expecting them both to have an extremely long leash, so I do think they'll have better years than last.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Belt I'm expecting to break out, but Crawford with only some minor improvements. I see Crawford more of a .690 OPS player.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I am hoping that Crawford can up his average and OBP a little and stay as impressive on defense as he was in the second half of last year.

Belt needs to hit for more power. I am hoping the Giants work with him this Spring Training and help him be more aggressive. His eye at the plate is amazing but I think it can get him into trouble when he becomes to passive and starts looking for walks rather than driving the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I'm expecting them both to have an extremely long leash, so I do think they'll have better years than last.
    I agree. Consistent playing time will produce good results for the Brandon's.

vCash
    The 2 B's have already won a ring! They are ahead of all! And of course they will only get better. Nothing to worry about. Plus reverend giving them lots of tips as well next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Belt I'm expecting to break out, but Crawford with only some minor improvements. I see Crawford more of a .690 OPS player.
    This sound about right to me. I expect Belt to bust out. He seems to perform according to his overall confidence level, and he's on a good roll after his late season showing and now with a WS ring. He can be a huge boost to the batting order with a full season's consistency.

Crawford did well, but needs more seasoning yet I think. Hopefully he'll continue to improve himself (with the bat) rather than get complacent after last season. He was good (not great) but I'm hoping he pushes himself to jump to the next level. I think he has that potential.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgersuck View Post
    I am hoping that Crawford can up his average and OBP a little and stay as impressive on defense as he was in the second half of last year.

Belt needs to hit for more power. I am hoping the Giants work with him this Spring Training and help him be more aggressive. His eye at the plate is amazing but I think it can get him into trouble when he becomes to passive and starts looking for walks rather than driving the ball.
    Belt's strength as a hitter is his incredible plate discipline. The last thing we want to go do is tell him to go start hacking and chasing. He was one of our better offensive players the last 2 months and hit for plenty of power during that span once he got consistent AB's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    The 2 B's have already won a ring! They are ahead of all! And of course they will only get better. Nothing to worry about. Plus reverend giving them lots of tips as well next year.
    well there is really nothing to say they will get better or worse, they could put up the exact same numbers as last year, or get better or get worse. Nothing is in stone.

vCash
    260 regular season games played combined and increased consistency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    well there is really nothing to say they will get better or worse, they could put up the exact same numbers as last year, or get better or get worse. Nothing is in stone.
    Don't waste your time with ODP. He's in a league of his own.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I really need to see some form of power from Belt. He finally wasn't a complete waste at the plate but he has to show some power, homers, gap shots, something.

If craw can just hit a vey average .275 and show discipline and take walks, his defense is more than enough in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jamal View Post
    Belt's strength as a hitter is his incredible plate discipline. The last thing we want to go do is tell him to go start hacking and chasing. He was one of our better offensive players the last 2 months and hit for plenty of power during that span once he got consistent AB's.
    He improved but he hit with almost no power. I believe all his home runs can in a 3 game span and a 4 game span. He got on base but he didn't hit with any power really.

vCash
    Belt had the 6th highest slugging percentage and 7th highest ISO, so I'm not sure how we're measuring players' power now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    He improved but he hit with almost no power. I believe all his home runs can in a 3 game span and a 4 game span. He got on base but he didn't hit with any power really.
    HR power I'm assuming? Because he had a SLG% of .477 and .532 over the last two months. No doubt though power needs improvement over the course of a season.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 02-04-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Ariana Grande

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast