Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Don 'Greatest Head Coach To Ever Touch A FootBall Field' Shula Not Given Enough???

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 28.57%
  • No

2 28.57%
  • I am not sure

0 0%
  • I do not care

3 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Question Is Don 'Greatest Head Coach To Ever Touch A FootBall Field' Shula Not Given Enough???

After reading today's article in the local fish wrapper (only one I can get) and setting up the local dumbing done station's documentary on him to record, I had to ask this of you.

Obviously, you know where I stand.
    Just in case you do not, YES!!!

If trophies (which I disagree with and should have names of the creators of true beginnings of FootBall, back in 1900)* are going to have the great HCes' names on them, then The Super Bowl trophy should have the only The HC with-
    a PERFECT FRANCHISE (FROM FIRST R-S Game OF THE NFL '1972-'1973 year TO THE S B OF THE NFL '1972-'1973 year)**, the most Regular-Season victories (347), Top 5 in:
    winning percentage (.678),
    NFL in both Championship & S B areas Playoffs Victories (36 .528- second biggest negative & averaged 1.6-wins per NFL playoffs),
    Championships coached in (6)
    &
    has two-NFL S Bs (2-4 .334- biggest negative),
    in THE HISTORY OF ALL PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL & ALL DONE IN THE NFL (TOUGHEST FOOTBALL ORGANIZATION EVER).
    Coach in three-straight NFL Super Bowls (2-1 .666 & 44-6 .888),
    4 out of 6-NFL S Bs ('68-'69 - '73-'74)
    &
    From '70-'71 - '74-'75 (The NFL Playoffs Span): 55-15 .790 & Playoffs 8-3 .730

*- I just want to stop hearing the BLANKING non-sense about other head coaches being the greatest ever, even, some cases never mentioning Don 'Greatest Head Coach To Ever Touch A FootBall Field' Shula and referring to one of the other great HCes as The Perfect HC (from I found out it will be in the next issue of SI).

**- If was not as big a deal, as the media always communicates that it to us that is not (because there is no one-player or couple of players that showed they were leaps & bounds better than the other '72-'73 Miami Dolphins Players & The '72-'73 NFL = ANOTHER WORDS INDIVIDUALISM), than it would have done multiple times, let alone twice, by now.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteShark; 02-03-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Thanks to PSD member LegenX, I made more needed corrections/editing, now no more are needed
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Well, if his nickname is greatest head coach to ever touch a football field, then I say he's only slightly underrated.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well, if his nickname is greatest head coach to ever touch a football field, then I say he's only slightly underrated.
    LOL! Yeah, I guess your right there; but that is just my nickname for him. LOL!
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    What are you talking about? Bill Walsh was a far superior coach and the offensive styles proved it. Don Shula failed to adapt to the game, running a vertical offense with poor pieces for Dan Marino for years upon years. Meanwhile, Bill Walsh was 10-12 years ahead of the NFL with his WC, short-route, high efficiency passing game. The current NFL offenses, utilizing a short to intermediate passing game, with high efficiency passes, are all derivative and owe their start back to Walsh.

Bill Belichick also is 4x the coach Shula could have ever been.

This all coming from the world's biggest Miami Dolphin fan.

vCash
    I don't know if he is the best ever, but he is surely among the top 5.

He was a he!! of a coach.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    No, Eli is. Coached his team to 2 SBs.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    No, Eli is. Coached his team to 2 SBs.
    Thanks for taking it serious. The sarcasm in my response is equal to your input.

vCash
    Why do you have to throw the "Greatest to ever __________ a football ________" in everything? You did it with Marino in the other thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Why do you have to throw the "Greatest to ever __________ a football ________" in everything? You did it with Marino in the other thread.
    Yes, that is true; I do for those two, in every communication. For two-reasons, they are always put at least second-place of the greatest at their NFL positions; and it is just flat out wrong, in my opinion.

vCash
    Shula never built Marino defense. Those Dolphins defenses couldn't even slow down opponents for the longest time. He's a legend but he really couldn't have done less to build Marino a defense or physical team.

vCash
    I always thought the SB trophy was named after the Greatest Head Coach To Ever Touch A Football Field?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Shula never built Marino defense.
    This is going to nitpicky, but he did build them, he was The HC.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Those Dolphins defenses couldn't even slow down opponents for the longest time. He's a legend but he really couldn't have done less to build Marino a defense or physical team.
    I could not agree more; I guess I should have included that to. Along with HBs, never had a quality HB! Even when Jimmy 'Draft Genius & Don 'Greatest HC To Ever Touch A FootBall Field' Shula Back Stabber' Johnson was The MDs & Dan 'Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino's HC, The MDs & Dan 'Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino never had a NFL quality HB.

But that even makes his resume more amazing, in one way, he had one-losing season with Dan 'Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino and others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    This is going to nitpicky, but he did build them, he was The HC.

I could not agree more; I guess I should have included that to. Along with HBs, never had a quality HB! Even when Jimmy 'Draft Genius & Don 'Greatest HC To Ever Touch A FootBall Field' Shula Back Stabber' Johnson was The MDs & Dan 'Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino's HC, The MDs & Dan 'Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino never had a NFL quality HB.

But that even makes his resume more amazing, in one way, he had one-losing season with Dan 'Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino and others.
    I forgot during Jimmy 'Draft Genius & Don 'Greatest HC To Ever Touch A FootBall Field' Shula Back Stabber' Johnson years there was Ex-UCLA HB Kareem Adula Jabbar; he was a NFL quality HB for a season or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    I always thought the SB trophy was named after the Greatest Head Coach To Ever Touch A Football Field?
    This

vCash
    Shula to me is like the Phil Jackson of the NFL. He got to coach Johnny Unitas, a man who completely changed the way the quarterback position was played and whose influences are still prominent today, and Dan Marino, possibly the most gifted, talented quarterback of all time. He was bound for success.

He was obviously a good coach. But when you have a couple of the greatest quarterbacks of all time at your disposal, your win total is going to inflate a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast