Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    Maybe if we include future picks, we could get Jefferson from Utah. I'm not counting on it, but he is expiring and I don't imagine they want to resign him. He might not want to stay either. Either way, BC should really explore something like this.
    We can't offer future picks until OKC receives theirs.

vCash
    Paul millsap would be the perfect fit on our team. I really like his game.

vCash
    I will say this though in the east a front court of Gay, Gasol and Jonas is pretty intriguing.

vCash
    Andrea Landry and LK for Gasol and Sacre. Andrea would definitely be a better 4 then anyone else on their team. Landry is a Dantoni guy and the lakers have no 3s beside the mentally unstable ron artest. Amir and Gasol would kill it together at the 4-5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    If we have to give up any of these players:

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Gay
    Amir
    Val
    Ross
    Acy

Then I don't want him.
    I'm with you. Unfortunately we'd have to give up at least one of those guys, if not two.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 02-02-2013 at 02:27 PM.

vCash
    i luv the idea...gasol would be a good mentor for valenciunas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pringlesTOR View Post
    Andrea Landry and LK for Gasol and Sacre. Andrea would definitely be a better 4 then anyone else on their team. Landry is a Dantoni guy and the lakers have no 3s beside the mentally unstable ron artest. Amir and Gasol would kill it together at the 4-5
    Yes, LA would love to take on 2 overpaid players and 1 who just doesn't play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    We can't offer future picks until OKC receives theirs.
    Damn forgot about that. Well then just throw in Derozan and Bargnani lol

vCash
    A 3 man big rotation with Jonas, Amir, and Gasol would be good. Mentioned before how JV's game and skills have similarities to Gasol. He would be an ideal player to work with JV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    A 3 man big rotation with Jonas, Amir, and Gasol would be good. Mentioned before how JV's game and skills have similarities to Gasol. He would be an ideal player to work with JV.
    I'm confused. You were against the Rudy trade, but pro Gasol who has a bigger contract and is 32 years old?

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    i thought we wanted to play more uptempo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    i thought we wanted to play more uptempo
    Gasol doesnt stop us from doing that at all.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I'm confused. You were against the Rudy trade, but pro Gasol who has a bigger contract and is 32 years old?
    I am against the overall route that BC is taking the team, how he rushed the rebuild which resulted in very little in the way of high end picks which is where you generally get high end talent. Instead he is building around a core of not so high end talent. That is the reason I am not a huge fan of the Gay trade. Although as I mentioned in another thread the trade for Gay didn't really matter because BC had already moved beyond the point where he could realistically get high end talent in the draft.

The contract of both Gay or Gasol doesn't really make much of a difference in my opinion. They are what they are. The reason I had interest in Gasol is as a mentor type role for JV which I think can be important for a developing young talent. Wasn't too concerned with whether or not Gasol made the Raps a winner, just what he brought for JV and the potential for ball movement among the bigs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I am against the overall route that BC is taking the team, how he rushed the rebuild which resulted in very little in the way of high end picks which is where you generally get high end talent. Instead he is building around a core of not so high end talent. That is the reason I am not a huge fan of the Gay trade. Although as I mentioned in another thread the trade for Gay didn't really matter because BC had already moved beyond the point where he could realistically get high end talent in the draft.

The contract of both Gay or Gasol doesn't really make much of a difference in my opinion. They are what they are. The reason I had interest in Gasol is as a mentor type role for JV which I think can be important for a developing young talent. Wasn't too concerned with whether or not Gasol made the Raps a winner, just what he brought for JV and the potential for ball movement among the bigs.
    he didn't rush the rebuild he just ****ed up the draft EVERY YEAR, this is a new aggressive route. as a raptors fan wouldn't you like to see the team actually matter in the east? did you see the atmosphere last night? even if it's a small taste, why not?
    @mvbisecco
    follow me on twitter and i'll follow you
    SMOKE WEED ERR DAY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mvb815 View Post
    he didn't rush the rebuild he just ****ed up the draft EVERY YEAR,
    I'll agree to disagree here.

Quote Originally Posted by mvb815 View Post
    this is a new aggressive route. as a raptors fan wouldn't you like to see the team actually matter in the east? did you see the atmosphere last night? even if it's a small taste, why not?
    It all depends what you 'matter' means. I think being a contender for a title is the definition of that, which I don't think the Raps current route will ever produce. Some people think making the playoffs consistently is the definition of that, which I don't agree with.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast