Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Now that the Gay deal is done it wouldn't be bad to have a vet among our front court. I've been against getting Gasol but that was before when there was still some small chance of a rebuild. Now that's over and we need to try to push free of the treadmill status teams like the Grizzlies have always had (with players like Gay, Lowry, and Gasol ironically). Gasol for Bargnani + would mean Pau's salary wouldn't be so onerous. JVal was in his first game back last night but he was very shaky. Gasol could be a bridge, a kind of super-Rasho Nesterovic, someone who knows how to play in the post. Gasol would also be much happier out of LA at this point.
    I think he would also be the ideal mentor for Jonas and could really accelerate his development on O and D.

He'd also be a great vet addition who knows how to win, while also providing a solid combo of inside-out play. If we can get him for pennies on the dollar, go for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Now that the Gay deal is done it wouldn't be bad to have a vet among our front court. I've been against getting Gasol but that was before when there was still some small chance of a rebuild. Now that's over and we need to try to push free of the treadmill status teams like the Grizzlies have always had (with players like Gay, Lowry, and Gasol ironically). Gasol for Bargnani + would mean Pau's salary wouldn't be so onerous.
    I was interested in the Calderon/Bargnani for Pau rumors earlier in the year and I remain interested in the idea now. Possibly even moreso. While his knees are a concern, his ability and veteran presence in the post would be an excellent example for Jonas to learn behind. An Amir/Gasol/Valanciunas triumverate big man rotation is very intriguing to me.

I'm not sure we'll have enough to convince LA to make the trade though unless we are willing to part with Ross as well as Bargnani. It will be interesting to see the direction Colangelo goes with this in the next few weeks.

vCash
    realistic trade scenarios involving Pau? i can't think of any. we needed calderon for this deal. or the lakers to be really desperate. i suppose the latter is always a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I would rather target Paul Milsap. He fits our system much better now that we got Rudy.
    I'd expect Millsap to cost more though. Besides, who do we have that Utah wants? Bargs would just add to the clutter in their front-court.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    I'd expect Millsap to cost more though. Besides, who do we have that Utah wants? Bargs would just add to the clutter in their front-court.
    Terrance Ross but I doubt people would want to give him up for Millsap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    BC told Memphis that Ross was not available for trade, for a player like Rudy Gay, doubt anything would change for Millsap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Millsap is an UFA if I'm not mistaken, so no way I'm giving up a solid young asset like Ross for a potential rental.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAtheist View Post
    if we are willing to trade for millsap we might as well draft bennett instead. He's basically the same player but stronger and has more potential.
    I like Bennett too, but we'd need to somehow fluke our way into the top 3 to have any shot at getting him.

vCash
    if we are willing to trade for millsap we might as well draft bennett instead. He's basically the same player but stronger and has more potential.
    We have no draft pick...

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    BC told Memphis that Ross was not available for trade, for a player like Rudy Gay, doubt anything would change for Millsap
    I think Milsap is a far more valuable player than Gay but that's another discussion for another day.

vCash
    You think he's top 3 by the time of the draft? most places say he's like 5 currently
    We lose our pick if it's not a top 3 pick.

vCash
    I would love Milsap on this team I think with Gay he's the best all round option, Smith would be sick athleticteam but tthat's a guy who would have made more sense with Jose staying I just don't see there being enough touches for everyone ...the biggest reason im in for a Gasol deal is the fact hes only going to have 1 year left on that deal after this season clearing up a lot of money for Lowry and possibly Gay...it still leaves us up in the air for a PF next off season so its hard to say what he does but LA seems like the best spot for Bargnani and Gasol is as close to a long term solution (in the sense hes not a Completr burden)...

vCash
    I'm confident that BC wouldn't touch Demar or Amir at this point....if we can acquire Gasol while getting rid of Bargs and one of our other horrendous contracts like Kleiza and/or Fields, I'd do this trade without a doubt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    We don't have the assets to acquire millsap or Smith though. Gasol is probably the most realistic acquisition. The only pieces we have really to trade are Alan Anderson, Bargnani, Pietrus, Kleiza, Gray and Fields. Pretty much everyone else is gonna stay. I don't think that any combination of those guys is enough to acquire Millsap or J smooth.
    Maybe if we include future picks, we could get Jefferson from Utah. I'm not counting on it, but he is expiring and I don't imagine they want to resign him. He might not want to stay either. Either way, BC should really explore something like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylon View Post
    I would love Milsap on this team I think with Gay he's the best all round option, Smith would be sick athleticteam but tthat's a guy who would have made more sense with Jose staying I just don't see there being enough touches for everyone ...the biggest reason im in for a Gasol deal is the fact hes only going to have 1 year left on that deal after this season clearing up a lot of money for Lowry and possibly Gay...it still leaves us up in the air for a PF next off season so its hard to say what he does but LA seems like the best spot for Bargnani and Gasol is as close to a long term solution (in the sense hes not a Completr burden)...
    Smith is sick but he seems like someone that can get frustrated easily, and I wouldn't wanna take a chance on that. Millsap fits Toronto's culture, Dwane Casey's culture with his work ethic and playing style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast