Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    i don't think that was the case. wasn't he targeting amir johnson to replace kris humphries? (kris was traded in july, amir johnson acquired in august of that same year 2009)

when they made the trade i didn't even know Weems. He wasn't starting or seeing much playing time with denver, averaging 1.6 ppg and played 4 mpg

however Amir Johnson became Detroit's starting center next to their 3pt PF in Rasheed Wallace during his last year with the Pistons
    I have to take it back, give the man credit.

After drafting DeMar DeRozan and trading for Marco Belinelli, Hedo Turkoglu and Antoine Wright, Carlos made it clear he would prefer to play elsewhere if he were to return to the NBA,” said Raptors President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo. “There were limited sign and trade scenarios available, but acquiring Amir Johnson in this deal gives us another long, talented young big man whose best basketball is ahead of him.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4708#ixzz2Jqs727BC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i hope you are talking about Elijah Millsap or maybe even John.
    Agree, Millsap is a stretch big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i hope you are talking about Elijah Millsap or maybe even John.
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Agree, Millsap is a stretch big.
    No, talking about Paul. He wasn't much of a stretch big until a couple years ago. And he isn't too much of an upgrade.

vCash
    As of right now like Today Feb 5, 2013...I'd keep Bargnani.. Just to see how it plays out with a such a dynamic player on the floor in Rudy. Maybe we get that hard edges Bargnani who played pretty consistently on both ends of the floor last year before getting injured. Teams will not be collapsing on Barney like in the past since becasue with Rudy it in the lineup the floor is spaced. With that being said, Andrea isn't working hard to get a shot off on the offensive end, and he can put some real effort in his D. It has been clear that since the arrival of Rudy Gay, the team is just confident. Let's see how it plays out is my opinion it's another mindset mentally in that locker room these days. I know.

vCash
    Amir Johnson's stats as a starter:

11 games
    37.5 mins
    14.8 points
    10.3 rebounds
    55% fg
    72% ft

Pretty damn solid! Hes the glue guy, not Landry flippin Fields

vCash
    Pau Gasol felt a pop in the bottom of his foot during the Los Angeles Lakers' 92-83 win at the Brooklyn Nets.

Gasol will have an MRI on Wednesday and the fear is that he tore his plantar fascia.

Gasol left the arena on crutches.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

vCash
    Looks like BC is starting to get some luck. IMO this injury is a blessing that it didn't happen after a trade.

Hopefully this ends the Gasol trade talk.

vCash
    Looks like BC is starting to get some luck. IMO this injury is a blessing that it didn't happen after a trade.

Lol, Lakers are screwed.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Good. Bargnani won't get traded until the offseason most likely. Gives him more than enough time to improve his stock. Maybe we trade him on draft day.

vCash

I think you could of ended this discussion before the injury. The Lakers have been playing well with Gasol and are slowly crawling their way into a potential playoff position. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to trade him unless the Lakers get blown away with an offer.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Lakers should've accepted the Wolves offer of Pekovic, Williams and more. Then they should've traded Williams to a young team for their stretch big.

vCash
    If Pau is out I wonder if the Lakers would want Bargs? Something like this maybe?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=an58q2y
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    If Pau is out I wonder if the Lakers would want Bargs? Something like this maybe?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=an58q2y
    at first glance I thought this was another one of those lopsided trades with a heavy bias on Toronto, but I think it's doable. I still think we would have to give up a bit more though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    ^ actually I take that back, I just woke up and wasn't thinking straight. There's no way Utah gives away Millsap and gets back Jordan Hill and Alan Anderson lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    ^ actually I take that back, I just woke up and wasn't thinking straight. There's no way Utah gives away Millsap and gets back Jordan Hill and Alan Anderson lol.
    Memphis want perimeter shooting, they probably want Ross for Milsap.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast