Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    They got "lucky" going from 9th to 1st to win the lottery who ended up to be Derrick Rose the home town kid, they also have a very good coach with players that fit his style.
    But look how good of a team they are even without Rose. That tells you that the star player you get isn't necessarily always the most important thing. That team was constructed properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    But look how good of a team they are even without Rose. That tells you that the star player you get isn't necessarily always the most important thing. That team was constructed properly.
    And it took years to build the base that they added Rose to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    Not related to Gasol, but do you pull the trigger?

Trade No. 4

Cousins to the Toronto Raptors for Jonas Valanciunas.

It is no secret that the Raptors are one of the teams most eager to trade, and this would be a no-brainer from a talent standpoint. Big V is still two years away from being a three-year project.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/12...cus-cousins/2/
    Yes, for several reasons.

- he's still on his rookie scale
    - he's currently more talented/refined
    - Better physical size
    - most important, young & ready to contribute

Valanciunas is still a project with upside,

This is a trade that would accelerate the rebuild obtaining a centre that can produce now young & still on rookie scale.

The one caveat is attitude, (Rasheed - Randolph)

Cousins
    Amir/Bargnani
    Gay
    DD/Ross
    Lowry

Yes, before my heart can skip a beat.

For me Cousins young rookie scale > Pau declining 30yo on max contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Cousins
    Amir/Bargnani
    Gay
    DD/Ross
    Lowry
    40% of that lineup has potential attitude problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    are you kidding me....derozan is untouchable
    An untouchable player on the 2012-2013 Raptors? lol, that is funny

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    I think that's why people are critical of this trade. That this trade may not get the Raptors out of the lottery at all.
    No one here expects us to out of the lotto with one trade. This is a step forward and with a couple more moves, it can help us go to the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    No one here expects us to out of the lotto with one trade. This is a step forward and with a couple more moves, it can help us go to the playoffs.
    That is possible.

But I think the Star said it best when they asked when's the last time Colangelo make a good trade as Raptors GM?

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    What assets are there for more moves?

vCash
    anybody who thinks that amir is a starter in this league is crazy, he does not have the polish or the mid range game; great option off the bench though. I initially was against the raptors getting gasol but post gay trade it makes a lot of sense. i question how much gasol has left in the tank but watching him in the olympics, particularly in the final game against USA, he was outstanding and almost carried that team to victory. the situation in LA has runs its course with him and I think he is ready/needs a change. looking at the atlantic division, its down, now is the time for the raps to make a run. Dont pay attention to the conference, adding gasol would vaults the raps to the top of that division and will essentially guarantee a 3-4th seed. Looking at the conference as a whole, lot of questions as well, does west resign with the pacers? do the heat want to pay the luxury tax (will they break up the team), can they acquire more depth, their an aging team? will rose be the same dynamic player following his surgery? ppl talk about this is the time for the jays, this is the time for the raps. who cares about the cap hit, its not our money, do you expect to get something better in the offseason cause the last couple FA signings I remember are kapono, hedo, fields. the raps are not going to attract high end talent that way. Plus, not that much risk, raps will be buying low on a player with a short term contract and the potenial reward is high (ie. east conference finals?), millsap is a great option but he is an undersized PF, imo he would be plan B. acquiring a player like gasol with championship experience will go along way in an inexperienced locker room and in an inexperienced conference as there is not much championship pedigree when considering celtics are done, those old piston teams are done and they have dominated the ECF the past number of years. this is the time for the raps to make a move, and looking at how demar and gay meshed after only minutes of gay stepping into the locker room, there is tons of potential there. obviously i am talking about next year, its highly unlikely the raps make the playoffs but it would be great to acquire gasol now as the team will have time to gel and work towards next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    What assets are there for more moves?
    Bargnani, DeRozan, Ross, Val.

Personally I would just try to trade Bargnani for an expiring, but if you could package him with one of the other players mentioned for an established star is in their prime, you might want to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by Tmath; 02-02-2013 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Bargnani, DeRozan, Ross, Val.

Personally I would just try to trade Bargnani for an expiring, but if you could package him with one of the other players mentioned for an established star is in their prime you might want to pull the trigger.
    Too bad Rudy already declared his love for DeMar. lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
    anybody who thinks that amir is a starter in this league is crazy, he does not have the polish or the mid range game; great option off the bench though. I initially was against the raptors getting gasol but post gay trade it makes a lot of sense. i question how much gasol has left in the tank but watching him in the olympics, particularly in the final game against USA, he was outstanding and almost carried that team to victory. the situation in LA has runs its course with him and I think he is ready/needs a change.
    Agree with this part. A vet like Gasol would be incredibly valuable now that we're all in on reloading. It's 2007 all over again and BC can't wait to spend his cash.

vCash
    Too bad Rudy already declared his love for DeMar. lol.
    Not if DeMar can continually improve and they compliment each other like they did last night. Rudy could be the player DeMar needed to get to the next level.

vCash
    Agree with this part. A vet like Gasol would be incredibly valuable now that we're all in on reloading. It's 2007 all over again and BC can't wait to spend his cash.
    We are much more younger, talented & athletic compared to that 2007 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
    anybody who thinks that amir is a starter in this league is crazy, he does not have the polish or the mid range game; great option off the bench though. I initially was against the raptors getting gasol but post gay trade it makes a lot of sense. i question how much gasol has left in the tank but watching him in the olympics, particularly in the final game against USA, he was outstanding and almost carried that team to victory. the situation in LA has runs its course with him and I think he is ready/needs a change. looking at the atlantic division, its down, now is the time for the raps to make a run. Dont pay attention to the conference, adding gasol would vaults the raps to the top of that division and will essentially guarantee a 3-4th seed. Looking at the conference as a whole, lot of questions as well, does west resign with the pacers? do the heat want to pay the luxury tax (will they break up the team), can they acquire more depth, their an aging team? will rose be the same dynamic player following his surgery? ppl talk about this is the time for the jays, this is the time for the raps. who cares about the cap hit, its not our money, do you expect to get something better in the offseason cause the last couple FA signings I remember are kapono, hedo, fields. the raps are not going to attract high end talent that way. Plus, not that much risk, raps will be buying low on a player with a short term contract and the potenial reward is high (ie. east conference finals?), millsap is a great option but he is an undersized PF, imo he would be plan B. acquiring a player like gasol with championship experience will go along way in an inexperienced locker room and in an inexperienced conference as there is not much championship pedigree when considering celtics are done, those old piston teams are done and they have dominated the ECF the past number of years. this is the time for the raps to make a move, and looking at how demar and gay meshed after only minutes of gay stepping into the locker room, there is tons of potential there. obviously i am talking about next year, its highly unlikely the raps make the playoffs but it would be great to acquire gasol now as the team will have time to gel and work towards next year.
    Paragraphs are your friend

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast