Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Stein: Raptors still want to Pursue Gasol

Personally, I don't think gasol would fit with a team that wants to get out and run. If anything, a more athletic, defensive minded PF, Like josh smith, would be a better fit for this team. OR even Milsap. ANother 3-4 team deal should be able to get a team who wants bargnani, whie we somehow get Smith.

Assets to use in trade: Bargnani, Kleiza, Fields, Anderson. Future 1st round pick.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...ruths-deadline

Raptors president Bryan Colangelo, in the wake of the Gay trade, is now openly acknowledging that he's shopping former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani. The Lakers' interest in Bargnani remains a matter of debate in the midst of the Italian's worst-ever season by far, but the not-for-public-consumption message that continues to emanate from Canada is that Toronto remains intent on pursuing Gasol even after trading for Gay.

At a news conference Friday, Colangelo acknowledged that the Raptors are prepared to stray into luxury-tax territory in the "right transaction." One source close to the situation says Gasol is a guy who fits those parameters, depending on the rest of potential trade principals besides Bargnani.

So we'll see, over the next 20 days, if the Lakers change their stance on Gasol's availability ... and if Toronto can even assemble a package to tempt them without Jose Calderon's expiring contract to attach to Bargnani.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    We don't have the assets to acquire millsap or Smith though. Gasol is probably the most realistic acquisition. The only pieces we have really to trade are Alan Anderson, Bargnani, Pietrus, Kleiza, Gray and Fields. Pretty much everyone else is gonna stay. I don't think that any combination of those guys is enough to acquire Millsap or J smooth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    Personally, I don't think gasol would fit with a team that wants to get out and run. If anything, a more athletic, defensive minded PF, Like josh smith, would be a better fit for this team. OR even Milsap. ANother 3-4 team deal should be able to get a team who wants bargnani, whie we somehow get Smith.

Assets to use in trade: Bargnani, Kleiza, Fields, Anderson. Future 1st round pick.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...ruths-deadline
    ATL is not going to trade Josh Smith. They're taking a risk and hoping that Smith would be enough to attract Howard and that a player like Horford would entice the Lakers to a sign and trade.

Pau Gasol can play on a fast pace team. His unique skill set also allows him to run a fast break or to ignite it with his passing ability. We can't give out future firsts until OKC receives theirs. However, it's not a bad trade if we give up relatively little. The benefits would be huge though considering Gasol can still play and he can mentor Jonas, who is uncannily similar to Gasol.

Milsap would be a great pick up but I don't see a trade working with Andrea as a center piece.

Our greatest need isn't at PF, IMO Amir is doing a great job. I think we need a 7 footer next to Amir and a back up PG who can run our offense. I find it ironic that Ross was drafted for fit, when Drummond would be a much better fit for our team right now.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 02-02-2013 at 12:36 PM.

vCash
    I don't really want Gasol here but he's probably the best player we can get for Bargs + some change

vCash
    Wouldn't be my first target (J Smoove), but if we can land Gasol for Bargs + change, you do it without thinking.

vCash
    Josh Smith here would be ****ing insane, we'd be the most athletic Raptor team ever in franchise history. Do you guys think BC is pursuing him though? I won't be surprised if he called to inquire about him, ATL probably asking for too much who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    Josh Smith here would be ****ing insane, we'd be the most athletic Raptor team ever in franchise history. Do you guys think BC is pursuing him though? I won't be surprised if he called to inquire about him, ATL probably asking for too much who knows.
    If we get Smith, Dwight Howard wouldn't be out of the question either if LA continues to falter.

I doubt it though, we don't really have much to offer.

vCash
    How is Jonas at all like gasol? Because they're European. I do agree that he would learn a lot from gasol. I would like to see how bargs plays now as the second or third option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    If we get Smith, Dwight Howard wouldn't be out of the question either if LA continues to falter.

I doubt it though, we don't really have much to offer.
    LOL. Oh raptor fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jets33 View Post
    How is Jonas at all like gasol? Because they're European. I do agree that he would learn a lot from gasol. I would like to see how bargs plays now as the second or third option.
    Jonas has similar physical qualities.
    Jonas has the same skill set that Gasol had at the same age and a similarly high basketball IQ.
    Both can run the floor well and have similarly high motors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jets33 View Post
    LOL. Oh raptor fans.
    I said we don't have much to offer. No where did I say this was realistic but this is the same strategy that ATL is banking on since Smith and Howard are really good friends.

vCash
    Now that the Gay deal is done it wouldn't be bad to have a vet among our front court. I've been against getting Gasol but that was before when there was still some small chance of a rebuild. Now that's over and we need to try to push free of the treadmill status teams like the Grizzlies have always had (with players like Gay, Lowry, and Gasol ironically). Gasol for Bargnani + would mean Pau's salary wouldn't be so onerous. JVal was in his first game back last night but he was very shaky. He's definitely not the answer yet, and neither is Gray, as much as he's performed well lately. Gasol could be a bridge, a kind of super-Rasho Nesterovic for the team. I can see BC making this move.
    Last edited by ink; 02-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    I would think a package for Smith would have to start with at least Bargs + Ross

vCash
    If we have to give up any of these players:

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Gay
    Amir
    Val
    Ross
    Acy

Then I don't want him.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    I would rather target Paul Milsap. He fits our system much better now that we got Rudy.

SWAGUEZ!!!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast