Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up Members midseason report:

REAL TALK
    On our midseason report

I will admitt having a 29-15 record is a nice cushion to enter the midseason .. our team-performance is more veteran-experience than a team-system because we rely mostly on "individual-performance" from experience veterans than team-chemistry.
    We are far from being a winning postseason team however, if we stay one of the top-3 winning teams in the East our first postseason oponents will be the East 8th to 6th seeded team giving us a little edge at winning our first-round series. No guarantees ....

coach woodson is still showing cluelessness on how to use SG-Iman Shumpert's strength & weakness in our rotation.
    A 2nd season Shump is perfect as our 6th-man defensive-guard off the bench in the first-quarter to defend our oponents PG by applying defensive-pressure at the half-court line during the first half of the game.

coach woodson is also clueless of PG-Felton's weakness at defending PG, plus clueless of Felton's strength on a high screen & pick n roll from bigmen C/PF teammates to get inside scoring.

coach woodson favoritism toward JR.smith as our 6th-man guard off the bench for 38% FG scoring could lead to woodson getting fired.
    JR brings nothing off the bench as our 6th-man other than making fans disgusted at watching the Knicks early in the game. JR do give us one or two exciting individual moves in 30 minutes of being a liability on the defensive-end, and no skills to offer in a fastbreak. JR's strength lay in being a 20 minute peremeter shooter in our rotation.

coach woodson & Dolan's Goldenboy Melo has teammates limited to 3 to 5 shot attempts per game, plus Melo is not a fastbreak-player so Melo wants to slow down the game by walking the ball for a halfcourt offense so he could play 40 minutes, and take 30 shot attempts to get his 20+ points per game.

coach woodson expensive ($54M per) frontcourt bigmen are not doing to well in the defensive department, shotblocking, or the rebounding department, and when u add a ($5M per) injury-prone Camby who played in 14 games out of the Knicks 44 games this season u have a coach woodson coming-up with a million excuses for such a poor frontcourt bigmen rotation.

Please admitt your own analysis ....

vCash
    Please step away from the keyboard.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I agree the rebounding could be better but it is kinda overblown and Woodson is just now starting to get his lineup together and still having to limit players due to them still getting into proper shape. So Woodson really isn't clueless on how to use Iman Shumpert

Melo is our scorer, you won't see too much more iso with Kidd, Felton, Amare get a few more games under their belt together. With injuries to all of them along with Shumpert, Sheed, & Camby then of course he has to go with what he knows will work the best which is the iso (which is why we won games last year with Melo). When everyone gets in rhythm you will see P&R with Chandler, P&P with Amare, Amare posting, then extra passes from Kidd and it will all mesh around Melo and he can play off the ball some too.

We knew what we were getting from JR Smith when we signed him so that isn't a surprise. & he has had some terrible stretches but he's also made key defensive plays & clutch shots to win some games for us this year. Without him this season we are probably a 5th or 6th seed.

Problems I do see is too many threes (which isn't that big in this era), and injuries which we can't do anything about

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    LOL, come on, I thought it was a known fact that anybody who begins a opinion with "real talk" is about to smart talking nonsense.

No need to respond.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Please step away from the keyboard.
    well said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    LOL, come on, I thought it was a known fact that anybody who begins a opinion with "real talk" is about to smart talking nonsense.

No need to respond.
    Stop dealing with fake peeps .... real-peeps talk to real-peeps

D.Leethal .... u r the number 1 opininated member in this forum, I thought I wouldve at least receive a decent response from u on the Shump vs JR for 6th-man off the bench .... or did u forget last week three game stretch of PG-Holiday 35 points, then PG-Teague 27 points, then Rondo's tripple-double .... stop takin previous disagreement with members personal

vCash
    shumpert is a great defender, but not better all around.
    since when is a team's 6th man a defender....?
    I'd say it's always better to start with defense, set a tone, wear down the guards, then have Jr attack them.

vCash

No need to respond.
    My bad

vCash
    "real talk", does the bold part make any sense to you?

The Knicks are back!

vCash
    Yea who the hell would want JR as a sixth man, gotta hate the way Melo plays too. Felton is a liability defensively?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stressindecade View Post
    Stop dealing with fake peeps .... real-peeps talk to real-peeps

D.Leethal .... u r the number 1 opininated member in this forum, I thought I wouldve at least receive a decent response from u on the Shump vs JR for 6th-man off the bench .... or did u forget last week three game stretch of PG-Holiday 35 points, then PG-Teague 27 points, then Rondo's tripple-double .... stop takin previous disagreement with members personal
    Yeah, it's not like Holiday has been beasting on everybody this year, it was just Felton. Plus Rondo? Yeah, he only gets triple double's against us, it's not like he does it almost every game. Oh Felton why must you suck so much?

Real talk

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    "real talk", does the bold part make any sense to you?
    Real Talk

That was the best post I've seen in a while.

My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    vCash
    Very stupid thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stressindecade View Post
    REAL TALK
    On our midseason report

I will admitt having a 29-15 record is a nice cushion to enter the midseason .. our team-performance is more veteran-experience than a team-system because we rely mostly on "individual-performance" from experience veterans than team-chemistry.
    We are far from being a winning postseason team however, if we stay one of the top-3 winning teams in the East our first postseason oponents will be the East 8th to 6th seeded team giving us a little edge at winning our first-round series. No guarantees ....

coach woodson is still showing cluelessness on how to use SG-Iman Shumpert's strength & weakness in our rotation.
    A 2nd season Shump is perfect as our 6th-man defensive-guard off the bench in the first-quarter to defend our oponents PG by applying defensive-pressure at the half-court line during the first half of the game.

coach woodson is also clueless of PG-Felton's weakness at defending PG, plus clueless of Felton's strength on a high screen & pick n roll from bigmen C/PF teammates to get inside scoring.

coach woodson favoritism toward JR.smith as our 6th-man guard off the bench for 38% FG scoring could lead to woodson getting fired.
    JR brings nothing off the bench as our 6th-man other than making fans disgusted at watching the Knicks early in the game. JR do give us one or two exciting individual moves in 30 minutes of being a liability on the defensive-end, and no skills to offer in a fastbreak. JR's strength lay in being a 20 minute peremeter shooter in our rotation.

coach woodson & Dolan's Goldenboy Melo has teammates limited to 3 to 5 shot attempts per game, plus Melo is not a fastbreak-player so Melo wants to slow down the game by walking the ball for a halfcourt offense so he could play 40 minutes, and take 30 shot attempts to get his 20+ points per game.

coach woodson expensive ($54M per) frontcourt bigmen are not doing to well in the defensive department, shotblocking, or the rebounding department, and when u add a ($5M per) injury-prone Camby who played in 14 games out of the Knicks 44 games this season u have a coach woodson coming-up with a million excuses for such a poor frontcourt bigmen rotation.

Please admitt your own analysis ....

1. Whats your deal with " fast break ability"? When did fast break ability start equalling wins?

2. As far as JR " bringing nothing" off the bench, I guess you miss the stretch where he posted.....
    19-5-3 ( pts,rebs,ast)
    26-10-2
    19-5-7
    25-5-5
    27-6-5-5(stls)
    28-7-6
    28-11-5-3
    20-5-3
    18-6-2
    24-4-4
    25-3-6

I guess these stat lines in consecutive games can just be done by anybody since he brings " NOTHING".

Just start ALL your post with " Real Talk I hate Melo and JR"( based off your previous post), that way ppl know who they are talking to.

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    I didn't attempt to read it all. I skimmed it and it seemed stupid.
    Ill do it by categories
    Woodson- A- he has been great. He has the whole team buying in and playing great team ball. Love what he has done. He has to make some more adjustments when the team struggles but I like what he has done overall and the willingness of getting in to every player for their lack of record.

Offense: B our offense has had flashes of brilliance. We have shown we can score a bunch of points with the ball movement and with melo getting doubled and his willingness to pass out of them. We have a lot of 3 point shooters that get open looks because of that, my problem is we get stagnet a lot. We depend on melo to much a lot of the time. The last 8games we have seen a true number 2 option in amare which is promising. Overall the offense is good but it could be better.

Defense C+ our defense has shown the potential to be a top 5 defense in the league . We have shown times where we go WOW that's what I like to see. But other then that we have been flat out bad. IMO it's a lack of effort at times, we have to show defensive intensity all game long. Chandler has been good but has had times where he has been exposed. Shumpert still isn't there yet , but the defense IMO will get better. I think when the effort is there we can be a team that can shut teams down. Overall we need the effort to be there from jump ball to the en of the game.

Rebounding C- eh this is what scares me against teams like the bulls and pacers. Chandler is the only real big rebounder we have. Amare has shown the hustle of late but For most of this season it hasn't been a pretty site. We need more rebounding from our whole team as a unit, I think having camby back will help and amare continuing to get back in the flow. Overall it's been a weakness that has to get better against the elite teams.

Bench: B + this is a real strength for this team. Jr is a bit of a chuck but he has really been a spark off the bench. He brings defense, rebounding and scoring. Amare has been HUGE and brings this team to another level if he can keep up his play over the last 8 games or so. Novaks presence is great, his man knows they can't leave him alone or he will make them pay, he has struggled a little but he is still a player that can't be left alone, Pablo has been a pleasant surprise and has played well. Overall we have a nice bench but we need our big men reserves to get healthy to limit the mins of chandler a little so he is fresh.

Overal it's a B. I like the direction but I expect more. We need to bring more effort but I think we are a contender.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs