vCash
    I go with:

Jrue
    Evan
    Thad
    Hawes
    Bynum

Option 6?

I think that the FO/Doug wanted to see Hawes and Bynum together...and thad HAS been the most consistent as has been mentioned...Jrue has to be in there and you put turner at the 2...that is the starting 5 that I want to see...I want a strong starting unit and let the bench take care of itself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I go with:

Jrue
    Evan
    Thad
    Hawes
    Bynum

Option 6?

I think that the FO/Doug wanted to see Hawes and Bynum together...and thad HAS been the most consistent as has been mentioned...Jrue has to be in there and you put turner at the 2...that is the starting 5 that I want to see...I want a strong starting unit and let the bench take care of itself
    Subtract Thad, add Wright on some nights and Swaggy on others depending on matchups, and that's my starting lineup initially. One important point....from the outset I think it's important the Sixers don't attempt to just play inside-out basketball. The fans are salivating for it. But I think it's best just to ease Bynum in....particularly now that their 1st quarter offense appears to be improving. With 2 set up guys and Jrue all attracting attention in the starting lineup, Bynum will still be a 20ppg scorer even if they don't start most possessions playing through him.

Now depending on the playoffs matchup.....I think Lavoy might get some post season starts instead of Hawes. But it would really help Lavoy's cause if he loses a few more lbs like he did the 2nd half of the season last year.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 02-02-2013 at 04:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Doug will consider all 5 of these line-ups. If Swaggy remains effective, DC will be tempted to include him in it; hard NOT to include Thad since he's been our most consistent player; he likely will also consider Hawes at the 4 since that's what he had in mind before the season began (and since Hawes has actually been pretty good).

Which do you do?:

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Wright
    Thad
    Bynum

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Evan
    Thad
    Bynum

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Wright
    Hawes
    Bynum

Jrue
    Evan
    Wright
    Hawes
    Bynum

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Thad
    Hawes
    Bynum
    This

2012 allstar

vCash
    I was looking forward to at least seeing Hawes at the 4, because I really have no idea how it'll go but am intrigued enough to see it (even if it's a trainwreck), but I'd be pretty surprised if Doug's still planning on trying that given how Spencer and Thad have each played this season.

I'd initially go with
    Jrue
    ET
    Wright
    Thad
    Bynum

but I'd be keeping a pretty close eye on the backcourt fit, with ET probably the first to get switched out (likely for Young, although JRich is a possibility). If Wright is bad obviously I'd drop him too, but I don't really like ET at the 3, and I think Wright is our best wing at sticking to threes and getting to the line, so I want Wright in there to start with. I also like ET handling the ball a bit more when Jrue's out, with Ivey in there to share those duties, defend the one, and shoot threes, so having ET off the bench and playing every single second that Jrue's out isn't the worst idea to me either.

My expectation is that Doug's preferred lineup is:
    Jrue
    JRich
    ET
    Thad
    Bynum
    with Young looking like the first alternate for when JRich is out.

vCash
    ^So u wanna take our two hottest players (outside of Jrue) out of the lineup?

for VC

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    I really think Thad will benefit a lot from playing with Bynum. On offense I'm not sure he'll be better, or even that good of a fit. More of his offense will come from getting out on the break, and less from operating under the basket, especially on offensive rebounds. Overall I expect he'll take more from mid-range and his efficiency will drop, but he'll be fine.
    On defense, though, I think he really stands to benefit from having an actual big man behind him. His mobility and energy really helps him on that end, especially with getting out and disturbing pick and rolls, and I think he'll really benefit from not having to be constantly aware that he doesn't have a real anchor behind him and therefore needs to keep back to help cover their deficiencies.
    Bynum will get all the credit if there's a team defensive improvement, and Thad will continue to go relatively unsung, but I think that fit could really work well.

vCash
    I'm all about the Jrue - ET - Wright - Thad - Bynum lineup. That was what I thought the lineup would be to start the season. But I think it's going to be:

Jrue
    J-Rich
    ET
    Hawes
    Bynum

vCash
    isn't richardson out for the year? i could have sworn that that doctor that he saw in colorado recommended microfracture surgery, so if that's the case, he's probably closer to dead weight than starting guard.

also, i'm probably dorell wright's biggest supporter, but anyone who thinks that he'll be a starter for doug collins under anything but emergency circumstances is insane. wright has basically taken evan turner's place as doug collins' whipping boy now that turner has moved up to fill iguodala's role in the starting lineup, and whenever anything goes wrong, collins first move will always be to go after wright, either to pull him off the floor after a turnover, or to saddle him with DNP-CDs while damien wilkins gets 25 minutes coming off the bench.

at this point, i think you have to put all your chips on the table and run out a starting lineup of (holiday - young - turner - young - bynum). i know that leaves almost nothing on the bench, but shoring up the starting lineup is a much larger concern for this team in both the short and long term.

vCash
    jrue
    young
    turner
    young
    bynum

vCash
    Ricky... You're going to call me a liar and brag that you kicked my ***? Let's look at the timeline of events here. You're delusions are just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I also wouldn't be opposed to ET coming off the bench, but Wright just has done nothing to warrant starting, let alone playing time at this point, so I don't see that as a realistic option.
    ^That's me saying Wright doesn't deserve to start. Clear as day.

It's not so important who the five are, or if Wright "deserves" to start. He won't be in at the end anyway...unless he's lighting it up.
    ^That's you saying it's not so important who starts, and that it's not important if Wright deserves to start or not.

Our biggest problem this whole year until the last week has been starting games. It's very important who the five are. For a long stretch of the season we've been the worst first quarter team in the league, or one of the worst.
    ^That's me disagreeing with you, and saying that it does matter who starts, because our start of games have been terrible pretty much all year, and that it's hurt us.

Oh ok. so using that logic Bynum is the one who will sit when he returns right?

why screw with the chemistry?
    ^That's you using your ******** childish debate tactics, as usual, because I clearly never said what you're suggesting or even hinted that Bynum shouldn't start. But because you have nothing else to say, you start making stuff up and act like a sarcastic moron.

You're so predictable haha. I say that Dorell Wright shouldn't start, and that the starting lineup is important. Very simple, logical statements. You counter by saying that my logic suggests that I don't want Bynum to start.

Not even going to warrant that with a response. Your childish tactics aren't worth my engagement.
    ^That's me repeating what I've already said and calling you out for using the above ******** debate skills.

No you didn't. (Don't fib. It's beneath you.) You said "Our biggest problem this whole year until the last week has been starting games. It's very important who the five are. For a long stretch of the season we've been the worst first quarter team in the league, or one of the worst. " - making the point that our "Biggest Issue" is the starting 5. "Until this week". And so that's what I argued.

You're not going to argue it because I kicked your ***; you're not fooling anyone.

Go back and restate what you really meant to say and maybe I'll go easier on you.
    That's you saying that I lied and never said Wright didn't deserve to start... And that you kicked my ***. Oh wait, yes I did say that. I said exactly that. It sparked our entire conversation, remember? Or are you just going to play dumb again and go back to your BS debate tactics, as usual...

And when did you kick my ***? When you sarcastically suggested that Bynum shouldn't be a starter based on my logic? My logic that it's important who starts and that we have been a poor starting team for much of the season? How exactly is that kicking my ***? And who am I trying to fool?

vCash
    we all know he wont answer just like when BHolly ate him up yesterday. Rough week for Ricky along with the Celtics

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    I really think Thad will benefit a lot from playing with Bynum. On offense I'm not sure he'll be better, or even that good of a fit. More of his offense will come from getting out on the break, and less from operating under the basket, especially on offensive rebounds. Overall I expect he'll take more from mid-range and his efficiency will drop, but he'll be fine.
    On defense, though, I think he really stands to benefit from having an actual big man behind him. His mobility and energy really helps him on that end, especially with getting out and disturbing pick and rolls, and I think he'll really benefit from not having to be constantly aware that he doesn't have a real anchor behind him and therefore needs to keep back to help cover their deficiencies.
    Bynum will get all the credit if there's a team defensive improvement, and Thad will continue to go relatively unsung, but I think that fit could really work well.
    well said.

considering how Thad leads all "big men" in steals per game this year, he will definitely benefit from having that behemoth protecting the rim behind him. his effort on the defensive will be amplified with bynum's presence, no doubt about it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    ^So u wanna take our two hottest players (outside of Jrue) out of the lineup?

for VC
    Nick Young and Thad Young of the bench would be lethal that sort of depth would be a luxury that I think we would all enjoy.

2012 allstar

vCash
    i think it will be

holiday
    jrich
    turner
    thad
    bynum

but it hould be
    holiday
    young
    turer
    lavoy
    bynum
    6th man. thad... still getting starter minutes (at least during the reg season)

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    BHolly, I shouldn't have doubted your desire to see Thad and Bynum together. It was a smart expectation and analysis on both ends of the floor IMO. However, you and I part ways on the defensive end a bit. Despite his quickness and occasional success blowing up screens I don't trust either Thad or Bynum on PnR defense and to some extent rotations. I trust Hawes in that department more than both of them. Thad alternates between looking like the best screen defender in the world and looking clueless getting caught defending no one. Against the better teams' starters I trust Hawes' screen defense and rotations more than Thad. I also think Hawes should be a better half court compliment to Bynum....now that Hawes is lighter and more mobile than I've seen as a Sixer, and recently playing some pretty solid ball.

Maybe if Thad is told to always wihhtout hesitation aggressively and quickly leave his man and attempt to impeded the oppositions' dribbler's progress sort of Reggie Evans (although not quite that wild) style it might work. Bynum could then just shade to the lane and be the intimidator in case Thad's man gets free or the ball carrier gets around the temporary Double. Dallas did this with their half court defense with Dirk/Chandler and it worked very well. Despite not having the same straight line speed, Dirk was more nimble than Thad on the perimeter and Chandler was probably a better rim protector than Bynum. So while it might not work quite as well for them, there is a blueprint for success that should theoretically work.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 02-03-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast