Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

When Bynum is Back: Who Starts?

Doug will consider all 5 of these line-ups. If Swaggy remains effective, DC will be tempted to include him in it; hard NOT to include Thad since he's been our most consistent player; he likely will also consider Hawes at the 4 since that's what he had in mind before the season began (and since Hawes has actually been pretty good).

Which do you do?:

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Wright
    Thad
    Bynum

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Evan
    Thad
    Bynum

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Wright
    Hawes
    Bynum

Jrue
    Evan
    Wright
    Hawes
    Bynum

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Thad
    Hawes
    Bynum

vCash
    I like option two the best. I would be intrigued by Hawes playing alongside Bynum, with Thad coming off the bench and dominating, but he's just playing too well not to start and see how muh better he can be with Bynum. I also wouldn't be opposed to ET coming off the bench, but Wright just has done nothing to warrant starting, let alone playing time at this point, so I don't see that as a realistic option.

Option two leaves us with the weakest bench, but I want to see how those five would play together as a unit above all else. That one has the best potential in my opinion. Option 5 could be interesting, but Thad is just in such a good place right now playing PF, I want him to stay there.

vCash
    I think it's gotta be:

Jrue
    Young
    Turner
    Thad
    Bynum

I think this 5 will be the best on both sides of the ball. The floor will be spread with our three guards for Bynum to work inside and Thad will provide hustle and quickness from 15 feet in. Defensively, Jrue and Thad will provide hustle while Bynum will be in the back for rim protection. Nick and Turner just have to play respectable defensively and we should have a decent 5.

Although playing better of late, I think Wright would be a liability because he gets beat too easily and has shown ball control issues in the past. Also would be interested to see what happens with J-Rich if and when he comes back.

vCash
    The Jrue-Young-Turner-Thad-Bynum makes the most sense.

I wouldn't be surprised to see:
    Jrue
    JRich
    Turner
    Allen
    Bynum
    (when JRich is back). This leaves us with a nice second unit of Young Wright Thad Hawes.

I am intrigued by what has been eluded to in the past by Doug of:
    Jrue
    JRich
    Turner
    Hawes
    Bynum
    If at all other than just to see how, offensively Hawes and Bynum play together. I think Hawes' ability to step out and hit the 15 footer and passing can compliment Bynum well. That is is Hawes can develop a nice enough pump to force the C to have to rotate. Also would be hard with the new 'Euro 4" concept (Think Melo and LeBron at the 4) having to take on a 7'1" Hawes and a 7' Bynum.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    So, so far it's #2.

I'd sit Turner so as to solidify the bench (and add athleticism and length since Thad gives away a couple inches). Plus, otherwise, that's a weak-*** bench.

It's not so important who the five are, or if Wright "deserves" to start. He won't be in at the end anyway...unless he's lighting it up.

vCash
    Our biggest problem this whole year until the last week has been starting games. It's very important who the five are. For a long stretch of the season we've been the worst first quarter team in the league, or one of the worst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Our biggest problem this whole year until the last week has been starting games. It's very important who the five are. For a long stretch of the season we've been the worst first quarter team in the league, or one of the worst.
    Oh ok. so using that logic Bynum is the one who will sit when he returns right?

why screw with the chemistry?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Doug will consider all 5 of these line-ups. If Swaggy remains effective, DC will be tempted to include him in it; hard NOT to include Thad since he's been our most consistent player; he likely will also consider Hawes at the 4 since that's what he had in mind before the season began (and since Hawes has actually been pretty good).

Which do you do?:

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Wright
    Thad
    Bynum

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Evan
    Thad
    Bynum

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Wright
    Hawes
    Bynum

Jrue
    Evan
    Wright
    Hawes
    Bynum

Jrue
    Swaggy
    Thad
    Hawes
    Bynum
    Wright will not be consiered for any starting lineup and you know it, u just have to take ur shot at ET.

Thad has to start even if Hawes was the plan at first. Thad had 15 rebounds last night to Spences 1.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 8 Yards: 142 TD: 2

vCash
    Oh ok. so using that logic Bynum is the one who will sit when he returns right?

why screw with the chemistry?
    You're so predictable haha. I say that Dorell Wright shouldn't start, and that the starting lineup is important. Very simple, logical statements. You counter by saying that my logic suggests that I don't want Bynum to start.

Not even going to warrant that with a response. Your childish tactics aren't worth my engagement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    Wright will not be consiered for any starting lineup and you know it, u just have to take ur shot at ET.

Thad has to start even if Hawes was the plan at first. Thad had 15 rebounds last night to Spences 1.
    1. I don't need to 'take shots' at ET. His occasional putrid performances speak for themselves.

So..ok..Thad at the three, Hawes at the four and Swaggy P. at the SG it is.

2. So Hawes won't start in two weeks - with or without Thad - because he was outrebounded last night by a teammate. Got it.

vCash
    You're so predictable haha. I say that Dorell Wright shouldn't start,
    No you didn't. (Don't fib. It's beneath you.) You said "Our biggest problem this whole year until the last week has been starting games. It's very important who the five are. For a long stretch of the season we've been the worst first quarter team in the league, or one of the worst. " - making the point that our "Biggest Issue" is the starting 5. "Until this week". And so that's what I argued.

Not even going to warrant that with a response. Your childish tactics aren't worth my engagement.
    You're not going to argue it because I kicked your ***; you're not fooling anyone.

Go back and restate what you really meant to say and maybe I'll go easier on you.

vCash
    1. I don't need to 'take shots' at ET. His occasional putrid performances speak for themselves.

So..ok..Thad at the three, Hawes at the four and Swaggy P. at the SG it is.

2. So Hawes won't start in two weeks - with or without Thad - because he was outrebounded last night by a teammate. Got it.
    Oh so the 6'7 Thad hasnt out-rebounded and outplayed the 7'1 Hawes by a wide margin all season. Thad play the 3 just to get ET out of the lineup? my lodr you are annoying.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    I rather kep young at the 2 and JRich off the bench.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    Oh so the 6'7 Thad hasnt out-rebounded and outplayed the 7'1 Hawes by a wide margin all season. Thad play the 3 just to get ET out of the lineup? my lodr you are annoying.
    Oh shut up and vote. I haven't even SAID what I think Doug should do.

vCash
    i could care less about u think think Collins should do. Collins doesnt care either and ET will continue to start rather you like or not because Collins doesnt care what you think or want

RETURN OF THE MAC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast