Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    It's still early, but damn do I wish the Bulls had let Taj go and kept Asik. Quips aside, the Bulls shouldn't play Noah for a month. Simply shut him down, moth-ball him, slowly bring him back for the playoffs.

vCash
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this coming

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    I agree, I'm just glad Deng hasn't fallen victim to the injury bug for any extended period of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Yep... I pretty much expected it to come back to bite us eventually, playing a big man 40 a night is not a good thing ever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    I agree, I'm just glad Deng hasn't fallen victim to the injury bug for any extended period of time.
    Indeed. I'd prefer to not to see him or Jo logging 40+ minutes the rest of the way through the regular season now. Especially with Jimmy's emergence. Though I get we're shorthanded right now without many options to turn to.

Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Yep... I pretty much expected it to come back to bite us eventually, playing a big man 40 a night is not a good thing ever
    Yeah, especially one as active as Noah.

vCash
    You'd have to think GarPax is on the phones looking for a deal to get a big at this point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    You'd have to think GarPax is on the phones looking for a deal to get a big at this point
    I think he is. also hopefully thibs realizes by now that playing these players like machines night in and night out won't work cuz their bodies are going to starting breaking down some if he does keep doing this.

vCash
    We likely won't take a contract back that goes beyond this season. A team that takes 35 year old often injured Rip would likely only take him if we are giving them cap relief. I can't see the Bulls under any circumstance taking back additional cap commitment beyond this season. It makes it a tough deal to swing, which is likely why Gar said a few weeks ago they want to keep Rip. Unless you find a team with a 5 mil salary player whose contract expires at the end of this season and they need backcourt help. I can't see teams in the east wanting to do us any favors, so it would have to be a team out west. Also, even if we get a big its not like Thibs will play him. He seems very reluctant to play anyone who isn't with the team for a long period. We needed big man help last night yet he only played Nazr 8 min and didn't play Rad at all. Yes, those two are scrubs but he will run the guys he trusts into the ground before giving out minutes. If Boozer and Noah are out longer, is he just going to keep playing Deng and Taj 48 min? Deng just came back from injury. He needs to at least use the bench guys we have regardless of if they suck or not.

vCash
    to for the trade talk to heat up

vCash
    As of yesterday they should have been looking for a 10 day contract for tonight's game.

vCash
    Trade Rip for a backup C. Marco is more than capable of replacing his scoring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    It's still early, but damn do I wish the Bulls had let Taj go and kept Asik. Quips aside, the Bulls shouldn't play Noah for a month. Simply shut him down, moth-ball him, slowly bring him back for the playoffs.
    Well atleast Taj is more versatile and can play both spots. Gives us the option of a 3 man rotation at the 2 spots come playoffs. And I think Deng would get some time at PF too.

Quote Originally Posted by drose View Post
    Trade Rip for a backup C. Marco is more than capable of replacing his scoring.
    Yeah... I'd hate to trade Rip, but if we can find a decent big I guess you go for it, although I'd rather trade Marco personally. I think Rip's experience and leadership would come in handy come playoffs, especially next to Rose.

When you think about it, Scally probably would have gotten some PT last night if we still had him. He'd of been our 2nd best big last night which is kind of sad.
    Last edited by smiddy012; 02-02-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post
    Well atleast Taj is more versatile and can play both spots. Gives us the option of a 3 man rotation at the 2 spots come playoffs. And I think Deng would get some time at PF too.
    Huh?

At 4 you have: Boozer (starter), Taj (bench), Deng (starter)
    At 5 you have: Noah (starter), Taj (bench), Boozer (starter)??????

How is that a rotation when 2 of the three players in both slots are starters at another position? There is virtually no "rotation" at all outside of playing said players 36+ mpg. I get that Butler gives you a chance to play Deng at the 4 slot from time to time, but the Bulls certainly can't play small for very long without getting exploited.

If you were talking about the 3/4 position, sure - that's great, but this is a thread about the need of coverage for the 5 spot and I would argue that Asik's depth allows for even more roster versatility than Taj as Asik could play on the floor effectively with either Boozer or Noah. The only thing he lacked was consistent offensive production.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 02-02-2013 at 05:00 PM.

vCash
    Taj can play on the floor effectively with both Boozer and Noah as well though. And the only thing he's lacking is consistent offensive production.

Same can be said both ways. I think the Bulls made the right call on who they retained. But it is indeed close and very comparable. It comes down to a person's preference, so I don't fault anyone who wanted Asik over Gibson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    I think the Bulls made the right call on who they retained. But it is indeed close and very comparable.
    We are drifting OT, but I think the Bulls made the right choice for the wrong reasons. They, like many, were sticker shocked by Asik's third year. Combine that with the question marks surrounding a Rose-less half-season, cap considerations going forward as they relate to the luxury tax, and planned depth going forward - it's easy to see why they secured Taj to a a very favorable deal instead of being strong-armed into a potentially costly financial situation. Which leads me to my main criticism of the Bulls front office considering how quickly they were willing to 'bet-the-farm' on the Noah, Deng, and Boozer core. They learned their lesson and weren't willing to commit to what can be construed as a similar (albeit lesser impactful) situation.

I think the Bulls fully knew that Asik would earn his ~8 Mil/year, too many other factors prevented them from keeping him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast