Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    agreed. unselfish pg play is becoming increasingly rare with the new athletic breed of pgs - and a players unselfishness isn't dictated by the quality of their teammates.
    I think it is. Take Lowry for example, most people think he's a selfish PG. You think he'd be selfish if he played with Wade and LeBron? I don't think he would have the balls to be selfish playing with talent like that lol. Obviously Demar and Gay aren't on that level, but I do believe Lowry is smart enough to recognize that they are talented enough to get the ball to them. 3 points 8 assists last night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I think Derozan's assist numbers will stay a little higher with the departure of Lowry. I am excited to watch what happens to the offence with the departure of Calderon. We are extremely athletic now which changes the way we play.

I feel it is more important what the assist total of our backcourt is. I think we can be successful if they get a combined 11 assists a game on a regular basis.

I have doubts this team can make the playoffs this season but I must say I have slightly more hope for the future for this team right now. More excited to watch at this point then I was a couple of days ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    I think it is. Take Lowry for example, most people think he's a selfish PG. You think he'd be selfish if he played with Wade and LeBron? I don't think he would have the balls to be selfish playing with talent like that lol. Obviously Demar and Gay aren't on that level, but I do believe Lowry is smart enough to recognize that they are talented enough to get the ball to them. 3 points 8 assists last night.
    the short answer is i disagree. i think you are talking more about trust which is transient. unselfishness is a part of someone's makeup or a conditioned way of playing the game and is MUCH harder to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    the short answer is i disagree. i think you are talking more about trust which is transient. unselfishness is a part of someone's makeup or a conditioned way of playing the game and is MUCH harder to change.
    Kobe's recent play suggests other wise... I think it's just a decision you make to try and look for your team mates more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Kobe's recent play suggests other wise... I think it's just a decision you make to try and look for your team mates more
    Kobe isn't selfish though, he just doesn't trust his teammates to make the big shot. His AST%s aren't that bad. I think Lowry is in a similar situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    i don't believe it's a permanent change in his game and frankly i don't believe you do either. do you?

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    well perfect timing. he was getting for Rudy Gay lol

over the last few game, i really believe he has taken his game to another level. its gotten me off the hate Derozan train and slowly making my way to the Derozan fan club lol. Realistically, can't trade Demar now.

Bargnani might be the only piece that people want gone but i actually want to see if Bargs can fit with this club.
    100% agree on not trading Bargs till we see how he fits in on a few games at least. It would be foolish to not at least give it a shot.

You wish it was Bowser

vCash
    i don't believe it's a permanent change in his game and frankly i don't believe you do either. do you?
    DeMar has always been a willing passer and one to defer to teammates (almost to a flaw). His slashing game has been among the best league-wide, but where he used to blindly drive into the D and force up a shot, he's now starting to recognize finding the open man.

Do I expect his assist numbers to stay as high as they've been? no. But I definitely think his drive-and-kick game has significantly improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    DeMar has always been a willing passer and one to defer to teammates (almost to a flaw). His slashing game has been among the best league-wide, but where he used to blindly drive into the D and force up a shot, he's now starting to recognize finding the open man.

Do I expect his assist numbers to stay as high as they've been? no. But I definitely think his drive-and-kick game has significantly improved.
    if we are talking about Demar now i totally agree
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 02-03-2013 at 07:45 AM.

vCash
    For a large part of the month he played like ****, but has definitely picked it up as of late.

Hopefully his play improves with the addition Gay.

vCash
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...-the-month.nba
    I posted this in the OTT thread & then i saw this thread...oops sorry. Check out #2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherqtip420 View Post
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...-the-month.nba
    I posted this in the OTT thread & then i saw this thread...oops sorry. Check out #2
    i like how the next vid is Caron Butler taking the ball from Jval lol

vCash
    He's becoming a smarter player. I think that he'll look to be a better passer now that we have Lowry and Gay on the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    Lowry has had trouble fitting in with his past teams and there were rumblings that he wasn't making many friends on the raps either. It's a lot easier to be unselfish when you play with guys you like and have fun with. Lowry seems to have a chip on his shoulder like he needs to prove himself all the time.

This is the one unexpected aspect of the Gay trade that has me a little excited. Gay seems like he makes friends easily and he's already started heaping praise on DD. Considering his previous relationship with Lowry, I'm hoping Gay does some good integrating Lowry into the team culture.

If this team continues to have as much fun playing together as it looked like last night...then I think DD can maintain around 4apg. I'm expecting that to be his cap until he improves his ability to break down defenders and he gets more shooters around him.

vCash
    i don't understand the question. did you mean decrease rather improve?
    I meant having players around you who are more skilled and talented, more than likely you have the confidence to dish that ball rather than taking on the offense by yourself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast