Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    i think the whole team has been passing better

i think Casey can be credited for that

vCash
    "While DeRozan credited the arrival of Gay with his strong play against the Clippers, teammate Kyle Lowry praised DeRozan’s growth as a facilitator.

"I said that to him on the bench," Lowry said. "I said, ‘You look like the game’s slowing down for you.’ And he said the game’s definitely slowing down for him … He’s making those passes off the curls, he’s knowing where guys are coming from and he knows when to make the pass now, he knows when to shoot the shot."

"I’m not a selfish player and Rudy is not a selfish player."

"Hey, man," he said, "I just felt comfortable. He takes so much pressure of me, I wasn’t even tired last night."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...rozan_matures/

vCash
    ^Someone mentioned in this thread or another that Derozan has always been a willing passer, almost to a fault. He doesn't mind deferring to teammates if they have it going. The difference being now he knows when to hit players in scoring opportunities. The development of chemistry...
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    ^Someone mentioned in this thread or another that Derozan has always been a willing passer, almost to a fault. He doesn't mind deferring to teammates if they have it going. The difference being now he knows when to hit players in scoring opportunities. The development of chemistry...
    No the difference now for the game slowing for him is this.

"Hey, man," he said, "I just felt comfortable. He takes so much pressure of me, I wasn’t even tired last night."

I can not say this enough it's like night & day playing with someone the team can post or ISO over Fields playing off ball for DeRozan. What made it worse was playing off ball, teams knew fields couldn't even stick his open shots, **** to start the season he couldn't hit lay ups.
    Last edited by B2B; 02-03-2013 at 12:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    No the difference now for the game slowing for him is this.

I can not say this enough it's like night & day playing with someone the team can post or ISO over Fields playing off ball for DeRozan. What made it worse was playing off ball, teams know fields couldn't even stick his open shots, **** to start the season he couldn't hit lay ups.
    That's true as well. However, even before Rudy was here Derozan had a stretch of about 5-6 games averaging 5+ assists. The increased pressure on Derozan throughout the past couple seasons has definitely accelerated his development IMO. We all know he was a good off ball player stemming back even to his rookie year as he could not create for himself or others back then.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Demar is legit . he has improved drastically. you gotta give him credit he gets better every year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234