Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Grizzlies wanted Tyreke and Petrie is ready to trade him, but...

More clarity on where they'll actually be playing next season is expected two weekends from now when the league's power brokers all migrate to Houston for the All-Star Game and the meetings and madness that surround it. But this isn't the place for Seattle-or-Sacramento stuff anyway.

This is the place to talk about Tyreke Evans, since DeMarcus Cousins remains firmly off-limits while the Kings are in sale limbo, according to NBA front-office sources.

As for Evans? Word is the Grizzlies would have loved to acquire him as part of the big trade that sent Gay away, but the Kings really aren't in a position to take on salary as they await clarification on who'll be buying the team from the Maloof brothers.

A couple of teams consulted have volunteered the notion that Kings GM Geoff Petrie is ready to move Evans, but you have to wonder how much shot-calling Petrie can do at the minute. The greater likelihood is that the Kings don't do anything at this deadline unless it saves money or comes in cash neutral.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...ruths-deadline
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    That sucks.... :facepalms:

vCash
    I would take Evans over Gay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    x100

vCash
    Either way, this proves that Petrie's hands are tied.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I'm becoming less impressed with cuz, and more impressed with tyreke. And I don't know what else I can say on this matter. But you had to think new ownership was going to throw a monkey wrench in any trade deal with cuz or tyreke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    x100
    Gay is going to make $18 and $19 million over the next two seasons. He's primarily a scorer and shoots 40% from the field. I'll take a pass on him.

vCash
    Gay would be nice, but he's way overpaid. I'll pass on him, also.

Reke has played great and continues to play well.

vCash
    If we trade Tyreke, I'll be pissed. He finally improves his shot and is playing well, and now we want to get rid of him? I highly doubt his value has adjusted upwards like it should yet. I want to keep him. With a real coach and a real system, he'll be very good.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Folks, the issue of this isn't Gay vs Tyreke, it's the fact that there's solid evidence that Petrie isn't able to do his job.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Folks, the issue of this isn't Gay vs Tyreke, it's the fact that there's solid evidence that Petrie isn't able to do his job.
    That's pretty much been the issue for the past 3-4 seasons. Nothing new to report on that front.

vCash
    Well, yeah. Been like that since the Magoof's sold their shares of the Palms and made it apparent to everyone that they're broke as ****.

I feel bad for Petrie. He's done a lot for this organization and I feel like he could've done a lot more for us if he wasn't handicapped by the Magoof's bank account.

Who knows.... maybe he'll be here once the team is sold to a Sac local.

vCash
    That's pretty much been the issue for the past 3-4 seasons. Nothing new to report on that front.
    Well then why do people say Petrie is 'done' or 'past his prime' if he's been held back? Aren't you one of the people who say Petrie needs to go?

<3

vCash
    Well then why do people say Petrie is 'done' or 'past his prime' if he's been held back? Aren't you one of the people who say Petrie needs to go?
    I acknowledge that he has had his hands tied due to the Maloofs finances. But I still don't think he's done a very good job of using the resources that he has had. Petrie did great things for the Kings, but at this point the entire organization needs a culture change and it starts at the top.

vCash
    I acknowledge that he has had his hands tied due to the Maloofs finances. But I still don't think he's done a very good job of using the resources that he has had. Petrie did great things for the Kings, but at this point the entire organization needs a culture change and it starts at the top.
    I think everyone is pointing the finger every where. It sucks it came this. The whole truth may never be known. But whom ever the gm maybe at the end of the day if indeed the Kings remain in Sac I hope he can do his job. And of course I hope he does a great jobm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast