Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Wallace says another trade isn't out of the question...

What does everyone think about this? I'm just as tired of losing players than the next person, but I do think if we can take advantage of the trade exception we have without losing any key players, we should definitely do it. Obviously we would only be looking to trade with teams that need a trade exception to get their payroll down. I've heard rumors about teams like Orlando and Philli looking to trade some good players before the trade deadline.

Orlando has been rumored to be shopping JJ Redick.
    Philli is rumored to be shopping Nick Young.
    Teams like Golden State, Denver and Portland are some other smaller market teams that are over the luxury tax...Golden State has Brandon Rush, Denver has Wilson Chandler, and Portland has Wes Matthews. All great players that are making around 5-6 million.

If we could somehow land one of these guys it would be absolutely great. The only thing is, what do they want in return? I really don't want to lose anybody besides Leuer at this point lol. If somehow we can pull something off like what Cleveland did with us, it would be amazing. If we can throw them Leuer for one of these guys we should DEFINITELY do it(we won't even ask for a 1st round pick like Cleveland did hahahaha!!)...Heck, if one of these teams is in dire need to save money, who knows what could happen...
    Last edited by J Falk; 02-02-2013 at 01:51 AM.

vCash
    Wilson Chandler would be a phenomenal add. So would JJ. I think Rush is out with a torn ACL. I just hope we don't mess with the original core players: Conley, Allen, Arthur, Randolph, and Gasol. I'm tired of losing our original guys! I'm not considering Bayless an original yet since he's still new, but i definitely want to keep him.
    As far as Leuer goes, I'd trade him in a heartbeat. With Davis and Arthur backing up Gasol and Randolph, he's just an odd man out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezy3 View Post
    Wilson Chandler would be a phenomenal add. So would JJ. I think Rush is out with a torn ACL. I just hope we don't mess with the original core players: Conley, Allen, Arthur, Randolph, and Gasol. I'm tired of losing our original guys! I'm not considering Bayless an original yet since he's still new, but i definitely want to keep him.
    As far as Leuer goes, I'd trade him in a heartbeat. With Davis and Arthur backing up Gasol and Randolph, he's just an odd man out.
    You're right about Rush, so Golden State would probably be out of the question(we should just let them suffer anyways lol)...We should be talking with the other teams though(Orlando, Philli, Denver, and Portland) to see if they want to dump some salary. Reddick, Young, Chandler or Wes Matthews would all be incredible additions to this team. I don't know how realistic this scenario is, but I also didn't think it was realistic for us to trade a 1st round pick, Speights, Ellington and Selby for Leure haha. I like Chris Johnson as a prospect, but we need a veteran shooter if we want to make a serious run in the playoffs...

vCash
    lol, you got the sf position covered with prince and daye.

i think the move would be randolph. for either a cheaper SG and a expiring in wichever position.

or a trade of randolph for a shorter contract .............like......................brother reunion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    lol, you got the sf position covered with prince and daye.

i think the move would be randolph. for either a cheaper SG and a expiring in wichever position.

or a trade of randolph for a shorter contract .............like......................brother reunion.
    First of all, we're not trading Zbo...We have plenty of cap room now, no need to shed more cap by trading our best player...plus, the FO would be crazy to trade another fan favorite.

Secondly, the guys we just mentioned all play SG(Chandler is the only one capable of playing SF too, which also wouldn't hurt to have). Tay is good, Daye is still a prospect that I wouldn't feel that comfortable having in a playoff game. When Pon is back we will be good at SF though. Either way, Reddick, Young, Chandler, and Wes Matthews would all come in and be great for us.

If you read the article that has Wallace talking about another trade, he specifically says that we would be looking to take advantage of the 7 million dollar trade exception we now have. We would do this exactly the same way Cleveland did with us.

While the thought of trading Zbo has crossed my mind(especially now that we have Ed Davis), I just think it would be detrimental to our team at this point. No, we need to keep together our core(our remaining core atleast lol) and if we can possibly take advantage of a team that needs to shed their payroll then we should do it.
    Last edited by J Falk; 02-02-2013 at 04:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    First of all, we're not trading Zbo...We have plenty of cap room now, no need to shed more cap by trading our best player...plus, the FO would be crazy to trade another fan favorite.

Secondly, the guys we just mentioned all play SG(Chandler is the only one capable of playing SF too, which also wouldn't hurt to have). Tay is good, Daye is still a prospect that I wouldn't feel that comfortable having in a playoff game. When Pon is back we will be good at SF though. Either way, Reddick, Young, Chandler, and Wes Matthews would all come in and be great for us.

If you read the article that has Wallace talking about another trade, he specifically says that we would be looking to take advantage of the 7 million dollar trade exception we now have. We would do this exactly the same way Cleveland did with us.

While the thought of trading Zbo has crossed my mind(especially now that we have Ed Davis), I just think it would be detrimental to our team at this point. No, we need to keep together our core(our remaining core atleast lol) and if we can possibly take advantage of a team that needs to shed their payroll then we should do it.
    Crooner just wants Zbo traded so his man love Gasol can get more touches. He won't be satisfied until Gasol gets 30 shots a game.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Dammit
    I just want them to stop and leave us alone already
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzgrizz View Post
    Dammit
    I just want them to stop and leave us alone already
    I am praying we don't get rid of any other core players mzgrizz! This new owner and his CEO are making this feel like a hostage situation. One bad move, and the teams going to implode!

vCash
    Well, let's hope smarter heads prevail and they don't do anything that takes away the last of the core.
    We have a good shot at putting together a good run. We might not make it to the WCF, but we will be able to build around what was holding us back. Maybe it was Rudy. We shall see. Feel a lot better about it after last night, and also when we got to within 10 points at OKC in the 3rd quarter.
    We are still good.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

vCash
    Can we play a few games first and see what we got with our current guys???

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    I don't like Robert Pera or that stat geek John Hollinger at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezy3 View Post
    I don't like Robert Pera or that stat geek John Hollinger at all.
    he is the real problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzgrizz View Post
    Well, let's hope smarter heads prevail and they don't do anything that takes away the last of the core.
    We have a good shot at putting together a good run. We might not make it to the WCF, but we will be able to build around what was holding us back. Maybe it was Rudy. We shall see. Feel a lot better about it after last night, and also when we got to within 10 points at OKC in the 3rd quarter.
    We are still good.
    I'm with you. There's no way we should even think about making another trade unless we're taking advantage of a situation where a team feels they simply need to dump salary. I like the team we got right now, if somehow we can land a Reddick or Nick Young for Leuer in a salary dump it would be gold for us. A veteran shooter like that is still what this team needs. Daye and CJ have promise, but it would be nice to have vet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    I'm with you. There's no way we should even think about making another trade unless we're taking advantage of a situation where a team feels they simply need to dump salary. I like the team we got right now, if somehow we can land a Reddick or Nick Young for Leuer in a salary dump it would be gold for us. A veteran shooter like that is still what this team needs. Daye and CJ have promise, but it would be nice to have vet.
    Yep, let's get a vet but not give up anything besides Leuer