Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should they bench Alex?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 42.86%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • Won't do any good

11 52.38%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm officially on the 'wanting Arod back' bus cause at least if we suck next year, his tabloid fodder will be entertaining.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    But I reserve the right to change my mind cause that's fun too.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash

How about benching Alex?

We all know he has had some great memories, aka the 2009 playoffs, but with all these recent developments, do you want him to continue to play for us?

I realize he cannot just be traded as he'd most likely veto it, and that he can't just be bought out or retire...so how about a bench role? Just throw him on the bench, who cares if he doesn't like it? He ****ed up. So, I made this poll to see how we all feel here on the PSD yanks forum.

Have at it. Dun care if this is the 50th thread or post about Alex Sterodriguez.

Edit: now that I think about it, it would suck to bench a guy making 25+ mil, but what else can we do?
    Last edited by Decimotox; 02-02-2013 at 01:28 AM.

vCash
    Four A-rod threads in 1 page? Nice work mods.

How in the F can you talk about benching a player when A) He could miss an entire season due to injury B) The recent allegations against him could potentially give Yanks leverage to void his contract (although doubtful) and C) he could retire just to get away from all this BS.

Point is, we don't know Alex's future. So going back and forth on whether or not he should be benched is like trying to tell a toddler vegetables are more appetizing than potato chips.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Four A-rod threads in 1 page? Nice work mods.

How in the F can you talk about benching a player when A) He could miss an entire season due to injury B) The recent allegations against him could potentially give Yanks leverage to void his contract (although doubtful) and C) he could retire just to get away from all this BS.

Point is, we don't know Alex's future. So going back and forth on whether or not he should be benched is like trying to tell a toddler vegetables are more appetizing than potato chips.
    Depends upon Alex's temprement. His contract is not going to be voided unless something big comes up. These allegations at this point have little to base things on. That is not to say that there is, or is not substance behind them, but it is to premature to comment yet on them.

Alex is going to be out until sometime mid-season. If he puts the work into his rehab, that could be July, if he is lazy that would be beyond. Benching a guy that is on the 60 day DL is stupid.

And, if Alex does come back, and starts to Mash... The Yanks would look really stupid. You have to let him get back into playing shape before making any decision. If A-Rod has the start or nothing attitude, and is NOT getting the job done, then benching him may make him decide to retire... which would save the yanks much like voiding the contract would.

vCash
    Who is the 3rd baseman we are going to sign who is better?

vCash
    Another A-rod thread.

Yay.

vCash
    I would bench A-rod if I thought that it would help. I would also drop him in the line-up, if he deserves it. The reality is that even on no hips, the guy is an excellent fielding 3B and can still hit singles without any torque. With torque, he could be very good.

My best guess is that the Yankees will postpone his return until Sept 1st, which wil give them a chunk of money this year in insurance (he needs to be out at least 4 months to get a return on this year's salary), bat him 7th, unless and until he shows ridiculous power, and then see what they have for the following season.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Depends upon Alex's temprement. His contract is not going to be voided unless something big comes up. These allegations at this point have little to base things on. That is not to say that there is, or is not substance behind them, but it is to premature to comment yet on them.

Alex is going to be out until sometime mid-season. If he puts the work into his rehab, that could be July, if he is lazy that would be beyond. Benching a guy that is on the 60 day DL is stupid.

And, if Alex does come back, and starts to Mash... The Yanks would look really stupid. You have to let him get back into playing shape before making any decision. If A-Rod has the start or nothing attitude, and is NOT getting the job done, then benching him may make him decide to retire... which would save the yanks much like voiding the contract would.

LMAO- I just finished responding to True Yankee with the exact same thoughts. I could not agree more.
    I'll just add that he is sitting on 3000 hits and if he isn't starting or playing, he may decide to retire and the come back elsewhere to get those hits (and of course HR's)
    I hope he comes back healthy and has a great next few seasons.

vCash
    I welcome Arod back with open arms. It's pure comedy!

If he's good, then great.

If he stinks, then he stinks.

I still enjoy him.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    arod is still one of our better hitters, people focus on the post season but alex had a good year why would we bench him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Who is the 3rd baseman we are going to sign who is better?
    Morse.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    ^^^^^^Oh wait!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    arod is still one of our better hitters, people focus on the post season but alex had a good year why would we bench him
    This is very true.

I get all the hate to a small degree because of the financial drain on our resources but to me it's rather shortsighted given that he still is an offensive force.

It's almost a shame that he can't get out of his own way publically and that that will probably haunt his pinstripe legacy more than anything else.

vCash
    I wish someone would pay Varitek to beat his *** to where he cannot perform anymore. Cut a few fingers off. Problem solved. Arod gets his money and the Yankees can collect the insurance.

In all seriousness I still dont hate Arod. But I've come to the realization he's probably always been a cheater. I can do without him moving forward.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast