Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Well done Colangelo

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Ha

vCash

vCash
    Great trade. Not just talent-wise, but even financially it's not as bad as people have been saying. We might be paying him a lot but it's only for 2 more years - the way I see it is 1 year to evaluate, and the 2nd year to either trade as a huge expiring deal, or extend (hopefully for less money, unless he actually reaches superstar status as a player.)

After the 2014/15 season, 4 BIG contacts come off the books at the same time: Gay, Bargs, Amir and Fields. That's $47 million. Maybe BC has a 2.5 year plan, who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    1 game reactions

vCash
    Honestly I was expecting a bad first game. Seeing as they haven't even had any practice together. But there wasn't any communication problems. He seems liked he belong and have been playing with these guys from time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Honestly I was expecting a bad first game. Seeing as they haven't even had any practice together. But there wasn't any communication problems. He seems liked he belong and have been playing with these guys from time.
    I was expecting him to ease some of the defensive pressure especially for DeRozan but did not expect last night, DD looked great & seemed like a perfect fit with Gay, who knew?. ESPN/stats (per) said they were a terrible fit, so they must be because chemistry is so easily quantified.

Then there's Amir, best player on court what difference it makes having size at C & PF around Amir.
    Last edited by B2B; 02-02-2013 at 09:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    Great trade. Not just talent-wise, but even financially it's not as bad as people have been saying. We might be paying him a lot but it's only for 2 more years - the way I see it is 1 year to evaluate, and the 2nd year to either trade as a huge expiring deal, or extend (hopefully for less money, unless he actually reaches superstar status as a player.)

After the 2014/15 season, 4 BIG contacts come off the books at the same time: Gay, Bargs, Amir and Fields. That's $47 million. Maybe BC has a 2.5 year plan, who knows.
    It was a bad trade financially but it was the only way the team were going to get Gay for basically Ed. Cap space for talent upgrade & positional value.

Best wishes to Ed in Memphis, hope he realizes his potential.

vCash
    I think people are getting carried away. It was a great win but not every game is going to be like that. I can see future problems with Derozan and Gay mainly because their games are too similar to each other. Yesterday everyone was hitting their shots and it wasn't a great game to use to analyze the future of the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    I think people are getting carried away. It was a great win but not every game is going to be like that. I can see future problems with Derozan and Gay mainly because their games are too similar to each other. Yesterday everyone was hitting their shots and it wasn't a great game to use to analyze the future of the team.
    have you watched last night's game, their games aren't even that similar. I think the perspective of them having the same or similar game is very overrated. especially when they both can put balls in the net and dribble the ball. thats as far as the comparison goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    have you watched last night's game, their games aren't even that similar. I think the perspective of them having the same or similar game is very overrated. especially when they both can put balls in the net and dribble the ball. thats as far as the comparison goes.
    The problem is that Derozan is not likely to be hitting threes and he is our starting shooting guard. Teams are going to figure out the movement soon enough. They both drive to the basket but Gay has range that Derozan doesn't. The issue is that Derozan is the starting shooting guard and has to be able to spread the floor regularly, otherwise things are going to become static. Or worse case they would switch roles on offense and Gay would become an overpaid pure shooter when it's clear that we got him because of his diverse offensive game.

vCash
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tn...s=iref:nbahppt

Preview of the Rising Stars Draft between Chuck and Shaq. If you can make it through the Kobe ad and then fast forward to about 1:40, you'll see Shaq call himself "The black Bryan Colangelo" as opposed to calling himself the black Pat Riley in last year's draft LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Guys lets wait a little while for these kind of threads. Its been on game. Yes lets get excited but we really did not need this. Thanks guys.