Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I didn't know restaurants charged the automatic 18% unless you were a party of eight. Obviously given that the bill was $34, I don't see how the party was that large.

This guy was a complete dick for doing that but there was no need for his actions.

If Applebees wants to fire her for this, I have no problem with that. But if I were in there shoes I would not take that action.
    it was a party of 20. they split the check. the pastor was a woman. she only had to give a $6 tip but she was too cheap for that. her "violating" policy was an excuse the company used to fire hire, because the Applebee's post pictures of guest comments all the time with their signatures clearly visible (albeit positives one). in reality, she was fired because the pastor complained and demanded for her to be fired after the pastor found out her comments were posted online.

article with a video of the pastor:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...xRg3MAp5vQtDMD

waitress' side of the story:

http://guardiancomment.tumblr.com/po...as-fired-after

from the waitress:

The person who wrote the note came across an article about it, called the Applebee’s location, and demanded everyone be fired — me, the server who allowed me to take the picture, the manager on duty at the time, the manager not on duty at the time, everyone. It seems I was fired not because Applebee’s was represented poorly, not because I did anything illegal or against company policy, but because I embarrassed this person.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 02-03-2013 at 08:05 PM.

"Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

vCash
    Why the **** would anyone trust their eternal soul to this *******?
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    In Texas, wait staff makes $2.15 a hour. You also have to pay tip share on your total sales at the end of the night and claim a X amount of tips. When you have a party of 15 people and they ring up a $300 tap, if they don't tip, the waiter/waitress ends up paying money to wait on that table.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Yea, that was already clarified.
    realized that after i posted it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I didn't want to leave that lady a tip at Dave and Busters because she was seriously a terrible server. it took almost an hour to just have my food ordered, and my drink was empty pretty much the entire meal. idk all the servers at the D&B I go to are always so slow. even when it's not busy it takes them forever to do anything.
    so you would have the option to have the manager remove it. that sounds like a reaosnable reaosn to do it, so you would probably take the time to go through with it. that idea stops people from not tipping for stupid reasons or to simpyl be cheap. even if that idea sucks for you, i'd assume thatt type of service is the exception not the norm

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I agree. Tipping is an option. Went out the last two nights, didn't get great service but got alright service and the waitresses got 15+%. Simple as that. Do your job, get a tip. Do a horrible job, get less than 15%.
    its not an option at most restuarant with big parties, which seems to be the case here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    its not an option at most restuarant with big parties, which seems to be the case here
    but it is. As you said yourself, if you don't agree with it, you can talk to the manager.

vCash
    but it is. As you said yourself, if you don't agree with it, you can talk to the manager.
    did she? looked like she just crossed it off the bill and didnt pay it

vCash
    did she? looked like she just crossed it off the bill and didnt pay it
    I am guessing she didn't talk to the manager... but she also didn't tip the waitress, so in her case, it is optional.

vCash
    I am guessing she didn't talk to the manager... but she also didn't tip the waitress, so in her case, it is optional.
    It says in the article that she left a tip (equal to the 18%) despite what the receipt says.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    It says in the article that she left a tip (equal to the 18%) despite what the receipt says.
    yah I doubt that.... she said that after she was found out......

vCash
    Yea, I don't believe it either. I was just bringing it up since it was relevant to their conversation.

vCash
    right, im saying that should not be an option. with a party that big,t he onyl way you should be able to remove the tip is to go tot the manager and explain why. otherwise the waiter/waitress could work their *** off for the big party and get next to nothing

tipping is optional, but it shouldnt be unless you get terrible service

vCash
    right, im saying that should not be an option. with a party that big,t he onyl way you should be able to remove the tip is to go tot the manager and explain why. otherwise the waiter/waitress could work their *** off for the big party and get next to nothing

tipping is optional, but it shouldnt be unless you get terrible service
    I see what you are saying. We are agreeing, we are just wording it differently.

vCash
    She doesn't seem very well spoken for a pastor

The Cult of Gattis

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast